{'en': 'Sugar up from 3 hours of having eaten', 'es': 'Subida del azucar a partir de las 3 horas de haber comido'} Image

Sugar up from 3 hours of having eaten

maca's profile photo   04/27/2015 7:28 p.m.

Hello, I am type 1 diabetic,

Debute this last August and everything was perfect, but from Christmas to here, I have noticed the following:

Before eating, let's say that I am 100, for example, then I sulked me fast insulin, I immediately start eating and at two hours, which is when I must do the control I am very short at 70 or less and without eating anything at 3 hoursor 3 and a half hours, I can easily be 180, or more.

Has this happened to anyone?

Why will it be?

I am trying to click after eating, I do better but I also hit the climb (although the reverence is less, it does not go down so much) at 3 hours or so.

Thank you!

maca's profile photo
maca
04/27/2015 7:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If at 2 hours of putting the quick and eating you are fine and apart from there begins to get on, possibly it is the slow (lantus) the one that falls short

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/27/2015 8:05 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I agree with Gala, I think you are missing Lantus.Try the dose little by little (one in one unit).I also recommend that until you give with the pattern you eat simple things, without much fat and to be similar (for example vegetables with potato 3 or 4 days in a row).This will be easier to see if the Lantus dose is adequate since factors such as the absorption speed of different foods will not influence.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
04/27/2015 8:17 p.m.

Ok thank you very much, I will try to upload it little by little, although this also happens to me at dinner time and is not supposed to do not last 24h at all?about 16h or so.So at night I wouldn't have to affect?
The truth is that the food has been very good, very healthy, the sides a little less but it is normal jij.;)

maca's profile photo
maca
04/27/2015 8:55 p.m.

Maca, the lantus in theory lasts from 18 to 26h, depends a little on each one.It lasts 24 hours but it is true that the last hours are losing strength, as I put it in the morning I already do to me, so I have less hypos at night.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
04/27/2015 9:27 p.m.

And it happens to you with all meals?It happens to me when as a rice, for example, that it still goes up for many more hours.But also as they have told you it seems that it is the Lantus, so you can do the basal test to see how.I hope you find the solution soon, greetings!

Laire's profile photo
Laire
04/27/2015 10:41 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

Yes, you must need slower.
My daughter also as Inday, the Lantus in the morning and lasts 24 hours without hypos at night.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/27/2015 11:56 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The white rice is also uploaded to me, I have to put 1 or 2 more fast to compensate.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
04/28/2015 12:18 a.m.

Surely you must miss a bit of Lantus, and to tend that all bodies are not the same and do not act the same and you also have to take into account the physical activity you have done and that you can get to perform, I hope you normalize soon.

dariotomas's profile photo
dariotomas
04/28/2015 12:45 a.m.

I think it can be due to slow absorption hydrates but each one is a world.Maybe a mixture in that meal would fix it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/28/2015 7:40 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

hello
It happens to me at food and dinner that is when I put insulin.
I'm going to talk about dinner because always as the same and is easier to see the variables
Always ceno 5.5 rations and I put 2 of rapia and always dinner
A vegetable (Brocoli, cauliflower or spinach)
A fish
2 rations of fruit (pear or manzara)
A semi -sweetened yogurt 0.6 rations
and 2.9 Rations of whole bread

I understand that if I lack Lantus that at 3 or 4 hours I upload but what I do not understand is that at two hours I even lowI was inventing jijij

maca's profile photo
maca
04/30/2015 9:09 p.m.

Thanks for your help

maca's profile photo
maca
04/30/2015 9:09 p.m.

Maca if at 2 hours you are 60 I think you are quick or carbohydrates are missing.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
04/30/2015 9:28 p.m.

Yes, it seems that you have plenty of and lack slowly.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/30/2015 11:01 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

gala said:
If at 2 hours of putting the quick and eating you are fine and apart from there begins to get on you, it is possibly the slow (lantus) the one that fits you short

According to @Gala.It may also happen that you have made such a huge intake that the digestion is still done after two hours.It happened to me on occasion.: \ "& GT;

koyadovic's profile photo
koyadovic
06/03/2015 2:15 p.m.

Hello!I was the same with the sugar spikes, but since I tried Amazon soybean bread, I am great.

laura_perez_munnoz's profile photo
laura_perez_munnoz
03/03/2016 2:09 p.m.

Hello, I am desperate, I don't know what to do with this sugar.

It seemed that I was no longer going on the climbs at 3 hours but I have been going on for a few months, at 2 hours after having eaten, I am well between 110 and 140 but at 3 hours it starts to rise to me, between 50 and 70from I.G.And of course it is a can because at night I have to wait for bed 3 hours after dinner to see if I have to correct and at noon I can not snack because what if later it goes up?And when I take risks I get through the clouds and I have to correct again.

You told me that it could be from the Lantus (I put it on the night) but I wake up well between 80 and 120.

And I don't know what to do to fix it because it is not always, it is 80% of the time or so, very often, and of course I could try to put one more at each meal, so that at 2 hours it was lower and lower andThus at 3 h be well, but that is not, since I live alone and I am afraid that I give me a descent since sometimes at 2 hours I have been able to put in 80-70 and already at 3 hoursI am already perfect to 130 but I am uneasy all the time, because I do not know if it is going down and then give me the rush or it is that it is a really descent and it is that I have been with the diabetes only one year and a halfI see myself at 70 and the effect of fast insu still continues.

Does anyone happen to anyone?I already think if my body assimilates slow hydrates very slowly or what happens to me?

Can anyone give me any advice?

Say that what I usually eat is
Lunch: a first: soup, cream, or salad
A second meat (normally)
3 portions between whole bread,
2 rations of potatoes or pasta
2 fruit rations

7 rations = 3 fast

dinner a plate of vegetables
A fish dish
3 bread rations
2 fruit rations
1/2 ration a yogurt

5.5 rations = 2 fast (even if at dinner I put less and eat more I am like food or even better sometimes)

From Lantus I put 11 at night

maca's profile photo
maca
05/04/2016 9:07 p.m.

It will not cover you 24 hours.
Find out about the new insulin, Toujeo or Tresiba, which last more than 24 hours.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/04/2016 9:30 p.m.

At the end of June I will ask the endocrine about that insu,
That is the only thing you see that can go wrong?

maca's profile photo
maca
05/04/2016 9:56 p.m.

It may be that the hydrates assimated slowly, but if breakfast goes well .., I may better with another basal.Tell him with the endo.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/04/2016 10:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.