{'en': 'Double dose of rapid insulin by error', 'es': 'Doble dosis de insulina rápida por error'} Image

Double dose of rapid insulin by error

Valls's profile photo   07/31/2015 12:45 a.m.

Good, I am new here and I am writing to explain a problem that has just happened to me right now and that I have found online I have not found anything to explain how to solve it properly.

By mistake I have folded, clicking twice, the dose of insulin I need for dinner.I am type I diabetic that requires 72 units of insulin 36 quick -36 slow and the bent dose is that of 12 units that I put for dinner.

This has just happened right now.

The issue is that after thinking a little after making a glycemia test, 159, for compensating the error I have put on a hypokit 1 mg glucagon.

I would appreciate someone's advice (preferably diabetic) that some similar episode has passed.

Thank you so much.

Valls's profile photo
Valls
07/31/2015 12:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In your situation I would have only eaten more, I would not have put the glucacon.It has never happened to me, but what I would do would be to eat more and watch the following 4 hours or thus progress, as soon as I see that it goes down to take a juice or something and already.

Laire's profile photo
Laire
07/31/2015 12:51 a.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

It happened to me several times and I have fixed it eating things with a lot of sugar but I have never put the glucagon.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/31/2015 12:52 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

There are people talking about this topic in the thread "Without insulin ... bad drink" in case you want to read more opinions there.All the best!

Laire's profile photo
Laire
07/31/2015 12:52 a.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

Mind yourself as little as long as the last rapid insulin shot you have gotten into.If you get a lot you know, liquids like cocacola or juices to trace fast, or glucose gel if you have.

But now with the glucagon I think you will have a good hyper.To correct hyper with insulin unless it is a crazy thing I would wait for me not to have the effect of the rapid on the body.

Look at the latest messages on this topic, which we were talking about just a case like this: Link

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/31/2015 12:53 a.m.

At the moment 179 of glycemia.I have opted for this solution because I think that I eat twice as much as I do not enter ...

Valls's profile photo
Valls
07/31/2015 1:12 a.m.

Thank you very much for the comments, I look at how posts you propose

Valls's profile photo
Valls
07/31/2015 1:13 a.m.

sherpa41 said:
has happened to me several times and I have fixed it eating things with a lot of sugar but I have never put the glucagon.

And eating how many rations?

Valls's profile photo
Valls
07/31/2015 1:19 a.m.

valls said:
sherpa41 said:
happened to me several times and I have fixed it eating things with a lot of sugar but I have never put the glucagon.

And eating how many rations?

I do not tell the rations I am from the old school.What I do is eat a sugar yogurt (instead of saccharin) and a dessert chocolate paste, after half an hour or an hour a chocolate shake but only if I am low.And at 2 hours a Coca Cola had prepared just in case.

But as Altorias says if you've already put all the glucagon, the safest thing is that you have a good sugar climb.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/31/2015 1:32 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Now I'm 113. I'm going to take something to go up

Valls's profile photo
Valls
07/31/2015 1:59 a.m.

Going down 97.
Taking a juice plus two cookies ...

Valls's profile photo
Valls
07/31/2015 2:31 a.m.

After the episode, since the effects of both injections have already ended, with a final glycemia of 189 at this time.Having done others before in a lower value.I wanted to record all this on the network for those who, like me, can have doubts about how the problem can be solved.

Finally, very happy with the solution adopted at the beginning: put a glucagon to counteract the effect of a double dose of fast insulin, needing a little extra sugar and two cookies and two cookies taken almost by prevention.

I warn that this experiment has worked very well for me, a diabetic for many years, a male of 180 cm, 80 kg with 72 units of daily insulin.

Read the post published just down by @Sherpa41 before deciding whether or not to use glucagon.

It would not be bad to have an opinion of a doctor about it.Thank you all to the users you have commented.
Greetings!

Valls's profile photo
Valls
07/31/2015 10:14 a.m.

This fashion that is now injecting yourself glucagon ...

This hormone should only be injected in case of fainting.It only serves to release the glycogen stored in the liver, exactly the same as the body does when entering a hypo (which releases adrenaline and glucagon), but if the hypoglycemia has been very prolonged or is very strong, it is probable that there are no longer reserves.

If after forcing with glucagon to freeing all the glucogen of the liver, you would have had another hypoglycemia without giving time to repuse its reserves.Do you know what would have happened ...?

I will explain it more simple, we have 2 elements to overcome the hypos, one is to take sugar, the other is the glycogen of the liver.Exhausting the last option before the first is very dangerous and very stupid.

Seriously if you click more and you can eat, take more sugar and stop doing experiments.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/31/2015 10:36 a.m.

In fact I did not know anything about this that accounts @Sherpa41, thank you very much for your contribution, certainly that makes me reconsider the fact of recommending that option I chose.After informing me something more on the previous post -edged topic in that regard.

Valls's profile photo
Valls
07/31/2015 11:36 a.m.

Go to reformulate another question to respect, there is some solution in an injected glucose route for a case like the one I have had, I am thinking of the glucose sueros of the hospitals, which can make that same effect without having to force you to eat andEat to save hypoglycemia and without having to spend that last option that says @Sherpa41 here?

Valls's profile photo
Valls
07/31/2015 12:13 p.m.

valls said:
I reformulate another question to respect, there is some solution in an injected glucose route for a case like the one I have had, I am thinking of the glucosados ​​sera of the hospitals,that you can do that same effect without having to force you to eat and eat to save hypoglycemia and without having to spend that last option that you comment on here?

Very good, as you comment there are sera with glucose, the "paste" is that it has to be injected into vein and you have to be careful with the rhythm that is injected.Unless you know how to injade in vein and have a dropper by hand, it is not a very good idea.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
07/31/2015 12:35 p.m.

In the time we had with this, I only thought what would happen if we forgot about any dose, not to fold it or put one by the other ... gracies for telling your experiences, at least if the case comes, I know whatWe must do.My daughter when playing sports, we always have glucose envelopes at home, with this Valdria? Because the option to eat, I don't think it would give us a lot of peace of mind with how little she eats ...

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
07/31/2015 3:08 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

The best 1st option increase the HC rations of the food we are doing (I am presupposing that we are wrong before a meal that is when we puncture ourselves), a good option is to raise the bread rations, which goes up a lot and we usually eat only one only onePoquito and the first dish also increase it, the rice usually rises fast but care that also falls quickly and the dessert can change it for some cake if you cannot with 2 pieces of fruit.
The bad dining rooms that dispense with the 2nd dish to be able to increase the 1st, the dessert and the bread, because also king the absorption of the HC.
If with this it still gives you the descent to the glucose envelopes, but first we must try not to give us.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/31/2015 3:20 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

It is that it depends on the fast amount .., if you put the double, you will have to have dinner twiceThen call Emergency, all together.., Although the glucagon never put it because that piece of needle gives me panic.Recently I learned that it can be loaded in insulin needles ..., I think I will put it like this if you need it one day.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/01/2015 2:50 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

You worry too much about a few hours of lack of control.First of all you would have to control the blood glucose, every 1/2 hour, or so, if it goes down, a fast thing and that does not swell is for example a can of cocacola or similar.Obviously, glucagon, or calling emergencies is exaggerated and completely unnecessary.

Ton 's profile photo
Ton
03/24/2018 2:09 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.