{'en': 'Double dose of rapid insulin by error', 'es': 'Doble dosis de insulina rápida por error'} Image

Double dose of rapid insulin by error

Valls's profile photo   07/31/2015 12:45 a.m.

It happened to me and started drinking juices and eating some carbohydrate but I kept going down I am in a fast 150 glycemia, I confused myself, it was the dose that at that time I touched on the night of Levemir, unfortunately I kept going downThe blood glucose calls emergencies and chose to apply the glucagon, they took me to the hospital and thank God for what I did not enter hypoglycemia but all the time I had the symptoms since I kept going down.I was in the hospital just for control the hours that you quickly keep effect.Thanks to my action I do not need glucose serum and left the hospital with a little more than 200 with the indication of not correcting and waiting to be more stable.I think what you did, doctors told me to act well.After resting, I woke up with a normal glycemia without correction since I also had the basal in the body.Each person is different but up to 6 hours can take effect, the normal thing is up to 4, I do not leave in all that course that I get less than 200 and the next day everything returned to normal

Fergian26's profile photo
Fergian26
11/28/2022 8:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

ton said:
you worry too much about a few hours of lack of control.First of all you would have to control the blood glucose, every 1/2 hour, or so, if it goes down, a fast thing and that does not swell is for example a can of cocacola or similar.Obviously the glucagon, or to call emergencies is exaggerated and completely unnecessary.

Each organism is different, you never have to think that it is exaggerated to go to the emergency room.They can help in the case of decompensation.

Fergian26's profile photo
Fergian26
11/28/2022 8:50 a.m.

fergian26 said:
Each organism is different, you never have to think that it is exaggerated to go to the emergency room.They can help in the case of decompensation.

When someone goes to the emergency, before doing anything or who sees a doctor, they usually have many hours waiting on an uncomfortable stretcher.At least it is what I always see when I go for me or a family member.It doesn't matter how serious it is.

I prefer to be at home taking me sugar/Coca Cola and controlling me every little time, than going to the emergency room.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/28/2022 11:24 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Hello, something similar happened to me was alone with fear and I click a glucagon that if I almost did not ate extra I did not need.If you are alone and you lose the conscious who clicks you the glucagon those of funeral pompas?

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
12/04/2022 3:33 p.m.

Hi, I know I'm late to answer.
I would have taken some sugar and dinner.He would have been controlling and as with a normal hypo and if he had been very out of control then to emergency.
Knowing that it has been to bend the dose of insulin in case you could not have uploaded the glycemia your same when arriving at the hospi with a glucose serum do and a little observation would have settled you.
Technically glucagon is for extreme cases and when sugar or rapid absorption carbohydrates cannot be taken because you are not faculty to swallow.
In any case, you also have to be careful with eating fats with the dowers because it makes a sweep ay does not absorb the body the body, that is, that absorbs them much slower and then can climb when it should not.

Artxita's profile photo
Artxita
12/07/2022 4:50 p.m.

It depends on the dose, it can be solved at home or calling emergencies, which put glucose in vein ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/08/2022 4:43 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I did it and my breakfast enlarges or added juice and I control myself or in the case of a dinner I take advantage of my pleasure eating and eating an ice cream that I never eating

glarivza22's profile photo
glarivza22
12/11/2022 9:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.