Alert dog

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/12/2015 4:39 p.m.

Good I have diabetes for 31 years or so.3 years ago I started having very fat hypoglycemia (calling 112) and even being hospitalized.We start my partner and I worry a lot since I get very aggressive and the danger that hypoglycemia brings.But this is not the worst, if not what happens is that I do not realize that I am in descent by 80-90 %.I have a quite good control between 6 and a half and 7 of HBG.

One day hearing the radio we listened to the news that there are medical alert dogs and we got in touch with Bocalan (there are more foundations) and today I am in the phase of provoking myths to send them the samples to train the dog.

The bad thing is that the dog costs a paste, but I will try to finance it in some way (any idea ??)

I write it in case there is someone for you to grind the dogs and have the problem of not being aware of their hypoglycemia.

Thank you for reading and I will tell you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/12/2015 4:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

gindillo said:
good I have diabetes for 31 years or so.3 years ago I started having very fat hypoglycemia (calling 112) and even being hospitalized.We start my partner and I worry a lot since I get very aggressive and the danger that hypoglycemia brings.But this is not the worst, if not what happens is that I do not realize that I am in descent by 80-90 %.I have a quite good control between 6 and a half and 7 of HBG.

One day hearing the radio we listened to the news that there are medical alert dogs and we got in touch with Bocalan (there are more foundations) and today I am in the phase of provoking myths to send them the samples to train the dog.

The bad thing is that the dog costs a paste, but I will try to finance it in some way (any idea ??)

I write it in case there is someone for you to grind the dogs and have the problem of not being aware of their hypoglycemia.

Thank you for reading and I will tell you.

mogi's profile photo
mogi
06/12/2015 5:30 p.m.

We have a 3 -year -old girl who debuted with diabetes in December.
Your case is different because you are an adult and aware of not realizing in many cases.
But the doubt arises that if a dog "controls" his hypoglycemia, perhaps she disregards the subject when locating or foresaw them by itself ...
We have also informed ourselves in Bocalan and we have the same problem.
Can someone know other companies that facilitate these animals?
thank you

mogi's profile photo
mogi
06/12/2015 5:35 p.m.

Well, I recommend that if you can allow you to buy a Dexcom.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/12/2015 7:10 p.m.

Dogs are not machines and also have to sleep.
Better invest in a more reliable device.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/13/2015 1:24 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

That's right, much better a glucometer or a continuous meter, the dog can be an addition, but does not replace the meters.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/13/2015 11:01 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I observe a little ignorance on the subject.Dogs smell (hormones, sweat and more "things" that humans do not even realize) and on it locate the glycemia descents.
On the device, man doing every time I do, because it seems like a "bullshit" (forgiveness) and I will not wear a catheter or anything similar in my body.I think I am going to run, work and educate my daughter.My endocrine has never told me to put on the bomb, for something it will be.
Apart the dog rest, since smelling always.Another thing is that I take it to me 3 hours and demand to be 100%.That is to say that I have to take care of myself the same as always, but instead of having a device connected to my body I have an animal that helps me and honey.
I think it is seeing life between devices and helping us with other animals.In other words, to live in this technological world and believe in life.
Agur and thanks.By the way I believe that those who carry the pump and those things deserve all my respects since this disease is personal.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/17/2015 4:55 p.m.

Here you have a recent news of a person who has the trained dog.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
06/17/2015 5:11 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Gindillo, nobody has told you about a pump, but of a continuous glucose meter.
Unfortunately it is not free, but I assure you that it does not condition you to anything you say, on the contrary.Less than if you do as many controls a day as you say.

In any case, if you are convinced with the dog, go ahead.But please, don't say a device condition you for work and that a dog does not.Unless you are foresty!

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
06/17/2015 5:25 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

@Gindillo I join what Aandres comments, a continuous meter is not the same as a bomb.I have been the Dexcom for a couple of months and I'm going to run, to ride a bike, to work ... come on I make a totally normal life and not find out that I carry it.The only one but I see him is that in Spain it is very expensive.

On the other hand I agree that as you say a dog gives you love and it is company and I understand that in that case you compensate you to have a trained dog.It simply gives me a little anger that is so coba in the local press to this type of news and mention of continuous meters that I think would be very useful for many insulin -dependent diabetics are never made and in my opinion they should be financed.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/17/2015 6:41 p.m.

I am also with @inday I have also carried the Dexcom for 4 months and it gives all the freedom in the world, for example, I do not see the dog in my work at least.

As for the Dexcom if your endocrine does not explain it to you, it is because it sees it expensive and does not tell, mine as he expressed it to me, as it is a expensive option we did not explain it, but they should do it, for me the monthly cost is of95 euros approx and thank God I can afford it by other things not so necessary.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
06/17/2015 8:59 p.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

Lauriki getting the Dexcom with a monthly cost of € 95/month is very good, it is more economical than free freestyle.How do you do it?

cprincep's profile photo
cprincep
06/17/2015 9:33 p.m.

Diabetico tipo 1 des del 1992
Bombero des del 2015
Animas vibe + dexcom g5

Well basically because in sensor lasts 3 or 4 weeks put, with which I spend more or less one sensor a month.

I put it on the top of the gluteo and apart from not noticeing anything, it endures very well stuck, sometimes at 2 weeks some edge is detached and reinforcement with transparent plastic tape.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
06/17/2015 10:13 p.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

And the measurements are reliable?, I have proven that after the first week they are not so much, often the ???especially the range of 250-300 or more.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/17/2015 10:43 p.m.

I also last the sensors for about 3 weeks.I just removed it because I start to chop my ride but at the level of measures I am going.In fact, in my case the first days is when it is less reliable.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/17/2015 10:49 p.m.

The same, 3-4 weeks and the total measurements reliable, one lasted 38 days!
Many doctors, Mia de Cabecera example, do not tell it not for money if not because they don't even know about their existence, total ignorance.
After the first investment, the Dexcom comes out much cheaper and much more comfortable, you don't have to be passing the reader all the time through the arm and at night with the alarms or say, you don't have to be aware to look at you, nowHe warns you of the ups and downs, you forget for a little while of the subject

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/18/2015 12:05 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Gala how do you get it?, I use the patch with the Fixomull, and it endures me well at 2 weeks, but to which the glucose rises for the 250, especially from the second week, I begin to have ???Continuously, or you can never overcome the 200, or have any trick that I don't know!@-)

fer's profile photo
fer
06/18/2015 2:35 a.m.

Man, I try not to be above 200 but some escapes me clearly and 300 too, so that we are going to tell if we all know how this is.
I have the alarms in 70-130, I have tried to move between those values ​​... (I find it a lot to keep them, to deny it, correcting ..)
As for the fixation, before he put an extra aposty from the beginning, with the 2 last week nothing and then Hydraphilm (transparent apartment) that changed it every 4 or 5 days

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/18/2015 8:40 a.m.

Do you get sports and stay between 70-130?, I also correct myself several times a day, how many times do you normally do it?

fer's profile photo
fer
06/18/2015 8:52 a.m.

With a lot of effort !!!With the dexcom in my hand as who says a few days I haveLet's see where I arrived in 300. Every day a different story.And at night at 5 the 5 starts to get on and I get 2 from Humalg, if I climb the lantus at night, before 4 I have hypo, so patching as I say I

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/18/2015 3:29 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.