Dexcom 4 nervousness and anxiety

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/11/2015 5:52 a.m.

I ask you if with time having type 1 diabetes can cause anxiety and nervousness
for the same disease.
For a while than I have been more concerned than usual for the care of this happy disease.
In general plans I get pretty good but Hiper's jumps to hypos make me crazy and at times I do not find the return and that is general an additional anxiety.
I have a glycosity of 6.5 and with the intention of improving it, I exercise daily between 1 to two hours and my diet is based on salads and fruit and almost no bread. Past rice and potatoes I have limited them as much as possible.
It will be that I am already older and these 24 years with diabetes the body has begun to notice in my 46 springs.
A blessing more I hope and is to get the long -awaited MCG (continuous glucose monitor)
I await your comments salu2

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/11/2015 5:52 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You have a very good glycosylated ,.Hydrates agrees to take them, at least legumes.
Pata the anxiety, a soft anxiolytic. Tell the doctor.I usually take half a pill of orfidal and it is enough to me.
I am also a bit Neura;)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/11/2015 1:30 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
you have a very good glycosilada ,.Hydrates agrees to take them, at least legumes.
Pata the anxiety, a soft anxiolytic. Tell the doctor.I usually take half a pill of orfidal and it is enough to me.
I am also a bit Neura;)

Hi Maja Thank you for the comment when I go to the endo I will consult you for that pill that helps to control emotions, tells you not cause you sleep or dependence?I think not because of what you mention that it is soft anxiolytical.
Greetings

DiabetesForo
08/11/2015 3:40 p.m.

@AFTEREGO I think it is normal for type 1 diabetes to cause the less stress and bastio.It is that it is a disease that requires our attention 24 hours a day and 7 days a week and that, in the long run with anyone.I have noticed that I go like for streaks, sometimes I have better it and I can "careless" a little and other times it is a ordeal, either because I have a resistance to brutal insulin and it is hard for me horrors to lower the blood glucose or because on the contrary I goof hip in hip.What fucks me the most is when any of these chungas times coincides with a social trip or event because in the end, instead of enjoying I ended up being pending diabetes all the time.

You can ask the doctor to prescribe an anxiolitic as @regina suggests but I would go beyond and I would recommend that you go to the psychologist.Type1 diabetes is a chronic and in the long run I think the therapy can help you face the disease more tranquility.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
08/11/2015 7:31 p.m.

I also forgot to say that I think the MCG is a great idea.To my carrying the Dexcom has allowed me to get quite careless in day by day with the theme of hypos and hypers.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
08/11/2015 7:35 p.m.

Inday said:
@afterego I think it is normal for type 1 diabetes causes the less stress and bastio.It is that it is a disease that requires our attention 24 hours a day and 7 days a week and that, in the long run with anyone.I have noticed that I go like for streaks, sometimes I have better it and I can "careless" a little and other times it is a ordeal, either because I have a resistance to brutal insulin and it is hard for me horrors to lower the blood glucose or because on the contrary I goof hip in hip.What fucks me the most is when any of these chungas times coincides with a social trip or event because in the end, instead of enjoying I ended up being pending diabetes all the time.

You can ask the doctor to prescribe an anxiolitic as @regina suggests but I would go beyond and I would recommend that you go to the psychologist.Type1 diabetes is a chronic and in the long run. I think the therapy can help you face the disease more tranquility.

Thanks Inday for the comment.
Because if there are times that I do not understand and mathematics does not work with the logic for example today dawn with 144 applied 5 of Humalog and the same breakfast that yesterday that gave me hiccups and almost the same physical activity and the result at 3 hours later to216.
The trips and schedule changes I fall fatal but for work I have no choice but to try as well as possible.
A while ago I come on the waiting list for the free freestyle that for my modest opinion seems more practical and economical than the dexcom. The only problem I see is that as I am in Mexico it is complicated with the theme of the sensors not to beThat the family sends them to me from Spain but it is a pain with DHL mail etc.
Therapy to put it into consideration could help.
greetings

DiabetesForo
08/11/2015 9:43 p.m.

Before taking anxiolytics, I would try psychologists, yoga, reiki ... whatever.The last option the pills.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
08/11/2015 10:24 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

I don't know why so much fear of pstillas.I started taking them more than 20 years ago when my daughter debuted.I take a half a day, and I am balanced, wake up and without anxiety.And the perfect liver.
And I sleep very well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/11/2015 11:29 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

It is not fear.It is that for me it is the last option after trying other less invasive things.If there is no choice then pill.But I would always try something else.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
08/11/2015 11:38 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

What do you think most do the freestyle than the dexcom?In the economic yes but I practice?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/12/2015 12:11 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

gala said:
What do you think most practical the Freetyle than the dexcom?Economic yes but I practice?
Hi Gala Gala Thank you for answering, well to start the sensor I find it very bulky and it's a little afraid of getting hooked with something, instead that of freestyle is a bit barely bigger than a two -euro coin.
The application instrument seems an element of torture but surely one gets used to it.
According to forum members, the price must be calibrate quite frequently and finally.
Surely the benefits are more than the disadvantages and possibly in the short term these details are improved.
Likewise, those who already have it can comment with more property because I only say what I found according to comments from members of the forum and YouTube videos that I have seen and some material that I have read.
greetings

DiabetesForo
08/12/2015 3:46 a.m.

I gave more blows to the Free Q to Dexcom sensor, because when I took it on the arm M I hit all the doors, I always pass by touching them, Ji Ji!
As for the onsertion, as easy as pushing the hill of a syringe and the calibration, there are 2, but I Micho Dias only calibrate 1 and nothing happens, it does not begin to give erroneous figures or spoils or something.
To my most practical I still paten the dexcom, especially for the alarms and comfortable, that I do not have to be passing the reader x the arm continuously

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/12/2015 10:34 a.m.

gala said:
I gave more blows to the sensor of the free q al dexcom, because when carrying it in the arm m I found all the frames of the doors, always pass by touching them, Ji Ji!
As for the onsertion, as easy as pushing the hill of a syringe and the calibration, there are 2, but I Micho Dias only calibrate 1 and nothing happens, it does not begin to give erroneous figures or spoils or something.
To my most practical I still paten the Dexcom, especially for the alarms and nas comfortable, that I do not have to pass the reader x the arm continuously

Hello gala thanks for the answer.
Well, as you have had both of you and you know the differences well as I am thinking about if I change the opinion, now the question is to expect the dexcom 5 to suggest me.

DiabetesForo
08/12/2015 11:57 p.m.

Supestly the difference from Dexcom 4 to 5 is going to be the receiver, instead of going to the current receiver, the data will go to the mobile.
Better or worse?Well, it depends .... It is clear that it is better to wear a single pot in my pocket than 2 because I take it for granted that no one is detached from the mobile but I do not last anything about the mobile battery, it hardly reaches me to theLate, if I have to add to the normal use of the bluetooth ... It seems to me that I am going to spend my life with the charger in my hand and looking for plugs like a desperate and with an external battery in the bag so we are alreadyWith the 2 pots again in the pocket ...
The current receiver lasts a week without loading him and that is comfort, they could already be the current mobiles like this ...
As for the sensors they will be the same as those of G4.
I suppose they will offer us a renewal plan to change the transmitter, which is the only thing that changes, as they did with the Seven to the G4 but if you think so to make a plan renew if the transmitter only lasts one year, when the transmitter is spent(I will end in December-volume) Buy the new and point ball if it is true that it comes out at the end of the year that will surely come out later so it is to me to which the doubt will enter if I buy another transmitter G4Or I am without a monitor until the 5th leaves, those that you buy now the G4, surely link the end of the G4 transmitter with the exit of the G5 transmitter
So if you are determined that you want the Dexcom I would not expect for what I have told you, it will take + - 1 year that is what lasts a transmitter so you will not have to make new investment to change one toother

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/13/2015 11:24 a.m.

I would first try free, just lose 60 euros.The Dexcom is a very large initial investment.As for the alarms, if they are necessary for suffering many hypos and inadvertent, then for him, but it is so, with the free enough

DiabetesForo
08/13/2015 11:28 a.m.

gala said:
superiorly the difference from dexcom 4 to 5 will be the receiver, instead of going to the current receiver, the data will go to the mobile.
Better or worse?Well, it depends .... It is clear that it is better to wear a single pot in my pocket than 2 because I take it for granted that no one is detached from the mobile but I do not last anything about the mobile battery, it hardly reaches me to theLate, if I have to add to the normal use of the bluetooth ... It seems to me that I am going to spend my life with the charger in my hand and looking for plugs like a desperate and with an external battery in the bag so we are alreadyWith the 2 pots again in the pocket ...
The current receiver lasts a week without loading him and that is comfort, they could already be the current mobiles like this ...
I suppose they will offer us a renewal plan to change the transmitter, which is the only thing that changes, as they did with the Seven to the G4 but if you think so to make a plan renew if the transmitter only lasts one year, when the transmitter is spent(I will end in December-volume) Buy the new and point ball if it is true that it comes out at the end of the year that will surely come out later so it is to me to which the doubt will enter if I buy another transmitter G4Or I am without a monitor until the 5th leaves, those that you buy now the G4, surely link the end of the G4 transmitter with the exit of the G5 transmitter
So if you are determined that you want the Dexcom I would not expect for what I have told you, it will take + - 1 year that is what lasts a transmitter so you will not have to make new investment to change one toAnother

gala said:
superiorly the difference from dexcom 4 to 5 will be the receiver, instead of going to the current receiver, the data will go to the mobile.
So if you are determined that you want the Dexcom I would not expect for what I have told you, it will take + - 1 year that is what lasts a transmitter so you will not have to make new investment to change one toAnother

Lighter throw water.
Very good explanation with luxury detail, thanks Gala in September I travel to the US since I am for temporarily living in Mexico City.
It seems that the price difference with Spain is considerable. I'm going to try to find out what can be achieved.
I have already made a member of the forum a couple of consultations the Vive Ahi, to see how we are doing with this experience.
greetings

DiabetesForo
08/13/2015 3:23 p.m.

Joseludi said:
I would first try free, just lose 60 euros.The Dexcom is a very large initial investment.As for the alarms, if they are necessary for suffering many hypos and inadvertent, then for him, but it is so, with free it is enough to you

Hi Joseludi I have several problems to go for freestyle.
First, I am on the waiting list for a long time and Abbott delivers the devices with drops.
Second give you two sensors per month and but you can't buy as I understand.
Third I am very living in Mexico and do not see the Follon to send every month of Spain and pay Fedex DHL private messenger etc.
I have also read that some people create allergy, today looking for information from the freestyle I find this article and well I doubt a little more than before, there I put the review of a kid who has it, greetings and I wait for comments to theregarding you have a good day.

ketobetics.com/2014/12/resena-de-freestyle-libre-cuatro.html

DiabetesForo
08/13/2015 3:43 p.m.

Afterego, if you can afford it, buy the Dexcom.
It is much more reliable than the free, (they use it in hospitals to program bombs) it gives you continuous data and graphics, and alarms, which you can get care of everything if they do not whistle. And for what I read, the sensors can last much more15 days, so it will not be much more expensive either.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/13/2015 3:55 p.m.

Afterego, if you can afford it, buy the Dexcom.
It is much more reliable than the free, (they use it in hospitals to program bombs) it gives you continuous data and graphics, and alarms, which you can get care of everything if they do not whistle. And for what I read, the sensors can last much more15 days, so it will not be much more expensive either.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/13/2015 3:55 p.m.

regina said:
Afterego, if you can afford it, buy the dexcom.

Hi Regina I think I'm going for the no better investment than oneself.
Does your daughter have one right?

DiabetesForo
08/13/2015 4:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.