How do I know the rations in a bar?

Juan_miguel1's profile photo   02/26/2016 4:17 p.m.

How can I know the rations that I am eating if I am going to eat at a bar with some friends?And how can I calculate how much insulin I get more if I want to eat 1 more HC ration

Juan_miguel1's profile photo
Juan_miguel1
02/26/2016 4:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In a bar everything is more complicated.You can count the rations with the system of educational tablecloths, here I leave the link
Link 0GMQSPQR7IMQU_PB296BC_G & SIG2 = Z4KRBMOYTPPX8YEEBMG6G
There are people who, without problem, take a weight that is the best.
But you do one thing or another, I always shoot up because the fats you will take in a restaurant are sure that at home, surely they cook with more oil usually.
I carry a pump and use the mixed bowling, before with pen I could click Humalog up to 3 times if the food was long extended.
It is strange to know the amounts that will come to you in the dishes, and put the insulin and start eating, the peak is insured.
Enjoy dinner that is the main thing, is my advice, and the glucometer nearby because it will be the one that tells you how to correct.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/26/2016 5:10 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:
in a bar everything is more complicated.You can count the rations with the system of educational tablecloths, here I leave the link
Link ; USG = AFQJCNHIMQC0GMSPQR7IMQU_PB296BC_G & AMP;SIG2 = Z4KRBMOYTPPPX8YEEBMG6G
There are people who, without problem, take a weight that is the best.
But you do one thing or another, I always shoot up because the fats you will take in a restaurant are sure that at home, surely they cook with more oil usually.
I carry a pump and use the mixed bowling, before with pen I could click Humalog up to 3 times if the food was long extended.
It is strange to know the amounts that will come to you in the dishes, and put the insulin and start eating, the peak is insured.
Enjoy dinner that is the main thing, is my advice, and the glucometer nearby because it will be the one that tells you how to correct.

Taking a weight is a bit weird

Juan_miguel1
02/26/2016 5:32 p.m.

Hahaha it shows that you've never gone with a mixture of diabetics and no, that of things that women out of the bags, and once a partner took a spoon that weighed.
Queer?Well, it is not to take care of yourself, because it is also rare to take out an insulin bomb with a tube and put it on.
The others do the same, after 29 years diabetic I look for me.
But I repeat you do not look at the weird of the weight but in the explanation of the man tablecloths and what I have told you for the subject of fats.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/26/2016 5:46 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

jconegar said:
hahaha you show that you have never gone with a mixture of diabetics and no, that of things that the women out of the bags take out, and once a partner took a spoon that weighed.
Queer?Well, it is not to take care of yourself, because it is also rare to take out an insulin bomb with a tube and put it on.
The others do the same, after 29 years diabetic I look for me.
But I repeat you do not look at the weird of the weight but in the explanation of the man tablecloths and what I have told you for the subject of fats.
If I have to take it I take it and I have not never used mixing with this since February 11 that they discharged me

Juan_miguel1
02/26/2016 6:18 p.m.

Enjoy really dinner, that's the main thing !!!!
Then you correct, and little by little you will see how you control all luxury !!!!!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/26/2016 7:19 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

jconegar said:
Enjoy really dinner, that's the main thing !!!!
Then you correct, and little by little you will see how you control all luxury !!!!!!!

If not correct

Juan_miguel1
02/26/2016 7:37 p.m.

Correct is putting fast insulin if you stay high later.But you have to calculate the rapid you need. How much a fast unit is lowered.It usually goes down 50 glucose, but you have to calculate your own dose.
If you dinner away from home,
You can start having the same for several days.
And then you change to another similar menu.
And you are pointing and learning.
The practice is the one that helps.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/26/2016 8:53 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Juan_Miguel1 To correct you must calculate your insulin sensitivity factor.If I'm wrong that someone corrects me.

The insulin sensitivity factor indicates the amount of glucose (mg/dl) that decreases 1 fast/ultra -granted insulin unit.

If we are injected ultra -grape insulin, the 1800 rule is used that is calculated by dividing 1800 between the total insulin dose in 24 hours.(1800 between the total insulin dose in 24h.)

For example, if you get ultra-grape insulin: 6-8-4-8U.and ultrastont: 20u.It has a total of 46 units.The 1800 rule consists of dividing 1800/46 = 40 mg/dl.This means that 1 ultra -granted insulin unit decreases glucose 40 mg/dl.

Now the first thing you should know is as soon as you want to leave your glucose, if you want to leave it at 130 mg/dl and your blood glucose is 210 mg/dl.You will have to inject 2 units more than the basic insulin base pattern to correct hyperglycemia and approach the preprandial objectives.

I think the calculations are fine.

Well I hope you more or less understand it, but really ask me.Here we are here to help us.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/26/2016 9:30 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

I had never seen the educational tablecloths @jconegar but I keep it !!
I do not take out the balance @Juan_Miguel1, but the shame also left it at home haha, I have never cut myself to ask me to weigh the bread if as a sandwich, rations ... etc or that they gave me the nutritional information in chains likeMcDonald, Burguer ... etc.
They look at me weird, yes, but hey the one who pays is me, and it is already known that the client is always right.
It is true that there are times that it is by eye, because it is difficult to always have weight.And hit or nailing what you eat is as difficult, so correcting according to the classmates is what we have left

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
02/27/2016 12:37 a.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

In the McDonald chain you have nutritional information under paper tablecloths, which happens that we never turn it around.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/27/2016 12:46 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Keep in mind when you correct, the remaining insulin you have from the bolus of food.All these bolus and corrections calculations are more easy if you use a Bolus calculator glucometer type ACCU-CHECK EXPERT type.Patience and practice and you will see how you get better.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/27/2016 7:35 a.m.

We always carry a peso, of the little ones, in the Chinese there are for less than 10 euros, the last one looks like a mobile, it is small, discreet and weighs up to 500 grams, I think it is the best.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
02/28/2016 4:44 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

I must be a weirdo, sugary, but weird.I have not weight at 14 years and I have never taken a weight of walk.What we say ...., each is a world.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/28/2016 4:58 p.m.

anaisabel said:
I must be a weirdo, sugary, but weird.I have not weight at 14 years and I have never taken a weight of walk.What we say ...., each is a world.

Well in the end I don't despite anything and it was perfect for me

Juan_miguel1
02/28/2016 5:05 p.m.

papagesus1 said:
we always carry a weight, of the little ones, in the Chinese there are for less than 10 euros, the last looks like a mobile, it is small, discreet and weighs up to 500 grams,I think it's the best.

I will look to see if I find a small one for a store I provide a lot to eat away from home

Juan_miguel1
02/28/2016 5:07 p.m.

Juan Miguel, be patient, have a short time.You will learn to do it by eye, but for that you have to practice a lot and get to know a lot.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/28/2016 5:29 p.m.

Juan_miguel1 said:
How can I know the portions I am eating if I am going to eat at a bar with some friends?And how can I calculate how much insulin I get more if I want
In my experience it is difficult when you eat were to know the rations, if until they give you the letter you do not know what you are going to ask, you can calculate the rations more or less and you click insulin but if they take out a basket with pieces of bread cutting as notYou take a weight, then imagine, or if they put the thereolli that gets wet with the bread, it is best to make an approximate calculation and after the food 1h 30 my approxi measure and correct and correct and little more.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/28/2016 6:20 p.m.

Well yes;Outside everything is complicated.I went to eat an Italian yesterday.On Saturdays I usually be lower because I drag the work of pool and running done throughout the week.I start the food in 70, I do not click;At half food when the dexcom begins to climb I punctuate one more unit than I usually put in the food (I asked for paste without any rare sauce and I did not try the bread), after a while hypoglycemia, but as I know how treacherous the pasta isI did not correct;Well, to the Ratoy after more than half an hour being about 50-70, I started to rise and no matter how much I walked, I was in 200 a good part of the afternoon, until I corrected and managed to arrive at dinner over 90-100

nacho's profile photo
nacho
02/28/2016 8:35 p.m.

The problem of restaurants are usually the fats that we do not control them because we really do not know what it carries.The after is usually difficult to control.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/28/2016 11:09 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.