If you control the diabetes, nothing will happen to you in the future?

martina3444's profile photo   08/20/2015 10:01 p.m.

I am 16 years old and I always worry when I hear that a relative amputated a finger for being diabetic, or I am afraid to have problems with my eyes, and when I am highlighted by the sugar (200-250) I worry and more ifIt is a week that gives me many times high, I get my nerves, is it nonsense to worry about this?For giving you sometimes high, something can happen to you in the future?

martina3444's profile photo
martina3444
08/20/2015 10:01 p.m.

DM1, hbA1c (mayo 21): 6'5
Voy al gimnasio, sobre todo ejercicio anaerobico.

@Martina3444 It is normal to worry about the effects that diabetes can have in our body.We all do it to a greater or lesser extent when we see a hyper in the glucometer.
The important thing is to be in rank as long as possible since although we try to do everything "well" there will always be times when we find a high figure without coming to mind.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
08/20/2015 10:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

But can I have diseases in the long run because of diabetes?

martina3444
08/20/2015 11:14 p.m.

Martina, what we know is that the better you control yourself later the problems will appear and how the treatments are improving, each time they will move away more.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/20/2015 11:17 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Even so there are people who control super well and get diseases, and when you hear this because it discourages a little :(

martina3444
08/20/2015 11:22 p.m.

I can be hard, but from what I know, all the complications associated with diabetes, we will suffer: if you take care of you will delay their appearance that is what it is about (there is always talk of delaying, not to avoid).If we manage to have the "ailments" with 70 years, it can be considered a success (instead of having them with 40).

Greetings and luck (which is also necessary)

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
08/20/2015 11:26 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Thank you!The truth is that it is always necessary, hopefully and could avoid

martina3444
08/20/2015 11:27 p.m.

@Martina344 Having complications or does not depend largely on the control that has been taken but there are also genetic factors that influence.There are people who have a decent control develops relatively soon complications and there are other people who without taking too much care do not develop them or take a long time to develop them.The best thing we can do is take care of ourselves and for the rest, not eat our heads much with things that are not under our control.
And if it serves as comfort I know a person who has diabetes for almost 35 years and has absolutely no complication.I want to be positive and think that in 35 years I like her, I will not have any complication.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
08/20/2015 11:44 p.m.

@Inday I think you're right, I will try not to eat my head much at the end and at the end it is true that I can't do anything about it, just take care of myself.Thank you so much :)

martina3444
08/20/2015 11:48 p.m.

I debuted with 3 years and at all turned 31. In general I have taken care of myself, but I have had bad years and I have not had any complication, at least for now.27 long years with diabetes and 0 complications.To add 2 pregnancies that is always a tute for the body.I have a long time of a lot of overwhelmed for the future, I lived with fear and wishing a cure until I discovered that the years were going without living the present.

tica's profile photo
tica
08/21/2015 11:22 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

The last thing I have read in this regard were studies that say that glycosylated hemogobin is very overvalued in the issue of complications.That with keeping it below 7 enough, and then you already depend to a large extent that you genetically have high glucose -resistant cells.

That is, if you have good control you will develop or not complications over the years depending on something that we cannot control in any way.

So to live life gentlemen.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/22/2015 2:36 a.m.

tica said:
lived with fear and wishing a cure until I discovered that the years were going without living the present.

It happened to me to revenge, at first Comia Superbien, tried to do a lot of sports and was optimistic above all because I had hope that I would live for a day to enjoy the cure.On the other hand, when I stop having that hope (at 37 more or less), or that I would be too late to take advantage of it, I depressed.I stopped doing many things, I left the university for the second time, I stopped eating so healthy ...

In short, life is better lived if you have hope.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/22/2015 3:49 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Sberpa, and you didn't look for medical treatment for depression? If it is left that way, serotonin goes down and it is very difficult to leave.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/22/2015 1:53 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Hey, do you know the Tinder?It is very good to find a partner without salt salt, it is done from the mobile and many people have it.It is very good antidepressant, hahaaa.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/22/2015 2:03 p.m.

In my opinion if you control you, you have a high percentage of delaying the secondary inconveniences of this disease, but of course there is the genetics of each one to develop them or not.When I debut I went from those who sold us the motorcycle of great advances, the prompt cure and normal life.In "advances" came the feathers, the most ergonomic glucometers, without having to mortgage to acquire it, with strips that need a thorough sample and time to give the result, the bombs and the new insulins.Regarding the cure ... I have already assumed that I am going to die with this and as a result of this without seeing it.The secondary inconveniences of diabetes over time take good control will also appear to a lesser extent than someone who is not controlled ... but reaching and suffering them will touch us, it is law of life, the body is degenerate, as well as its organs and functionalities, ours are already much more punished by those sugar levels circulating throughout our body.@Egina As for your recommendation, I have used all the two -year -old applications and for having and I can guarantee that I have not drawn anything talking about finding a partner.The normal "life" is relative, it depends on the person, I became someone reserved, introverted, distrustful, insecure and with thousands of fears/fears, the one who judged me, could see diabetesAs a weakness, the fear of rejection of having the 24 hours present what I had and I could not afford a slip because of the inconveniences that this disease produces was making me create my own impenetrable bubble.I began to lose contact with my friends, stop going out to dedicate only sports and diabetes, when you are young adrenaline, testosterone and serotonin you get out of your ears, but when one day you get up and stop to think about theYears you have, you look at people .... so you realize that you have lost time, you feel that you don't want that anymore, you don't want to be alone, you want to have someone by your side with whom to share and live whatever you have, but you are already so immersed in a spiral that neither the best psychiatrist/psychologist or antidepressant will not do anything.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/24/2015 12:34 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

luvi said:
I when I debuted went from those who sold us the motorcycle of the great advances, the prompt cure and normal life.In "advances" came the feathers, the most ergonomic glucometers, without having to mortgage to acquire it, with strips that need a thorough sample and time to give the result, the bombs and the new insulins....

I have been 20 years and more than progress, I have only noticed setbacks, the bowls I had at the beginning with cartridges were infinitely better and not the bolis shit that we now have not to mention the needles ...

The same with the glucometers 20 years ago 20 seconds and now 5 okay.But you compared meters and everyone did the same, not like now that each one has their trend and the most important thing gave everyone all the strips I wanted, without the smallest problem.

And in the insulins I am a rare case, but they all work the same, the Humalog works that regular insulin last 6-7 hours with the beak at 2-3 hours.The NPH/Lantus/Levemir barely takes effect so I have not noticed the smallest advance either.And continuous meters and bombs of having to carry something always nailed to the body I have tried it and it seemed a huge setback (although I see that it is a minority opinion).

luvi said:
Then you realize that you have lost your time, you feel that you no longer want that, do not want to be alone, you want to have someone by your side with whom to share and live what youIt is, but you are already so immersed in a spiral that neither the best psychiatrist/psychologist or antidepressant will not do anything.

With 36 years you are still young, have you tried to go to other countries where it is the girls looking for boys unlike Spain that we have very badly accustomed in that aspect?I was also hard for me to approach them and at those ages I only linked with South American and East countries, because they entered me.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/24/2015 5:42 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Sherpa, I give up with you, hahaa that in Spain you have them very badly accustomed, hahaa
And the same does the NPH Q la Lantus? But which one do you put? What time?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/24/2015 7:08 p.m.

regina said:
sherpa, I give me with you, haha ​​that in Spain you have them very badly accustomed, hahaa
And the same does the NPH Q la Lantus? But which one do you put on? What time?

Well, this time it was not my intention to be funny, it is very sad, if you are depressed or a little downturn in Spain you can spend years without any girl talking to you since you have no spirits, in other countries that does not happen because the girls areThey bring you the same as you approach them.Here in Spain, especially between 20 and 35 it is very rare to happen.

I have tried them all and the Lantus/Levemir/NPH I need to put about 100 units to make me effect, instead with 4 regular insulin units it makes me practically the same effect and I do not have a lump in my leg, I obviously put on myselfThis last.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/24/2015 7:47 p.m.

I guess there are women with different interests ... that is already to the taste of the consumer.
Well, @sherpa41, if the regular one is doing well, where is the problem?
As for the bomb, which is the only case that I know in the first person, of course it is a fattening to carry it 24 hours a day, but for my control it has meant a radical change.The problem is that if we refuse any improvement and we do not adapt, we will be better or worse.
The same on Ebay you find an old meter and a good lot of strips at a good price ...
And you say that the needles are now worse than before?I don't know what kind you will have used and use now.But if you find an old syringe, I encourage you to try it, to see if there really is not so much difference ...
For my part, to go on an excursion with the Neverita, the glass roads, have to make the mixture and click with syringe, it was much worse than clicking with the bolis, only fast and with an infinitely short and thin needle ...
But for tastes, the colors ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/24/2015 8:08 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

intruda said:
I suppose there are women with different interests ... that is already to the taste of the consumer.
Well, @sherpa41, if the regular one is doing well, where is the problem?
As for the bomb, which is the only case that I know in the first person, of course it is a fattening to carry it 24 hours a day, but for my control it has meant a radical change.The problem is that if we refuse any improvement and we do not adapt, we will be better or worse.
The same on Ebay you find an old meter and a good lot of strips at a good price ...
And you say that the needles are now worse than before?I don't know what kind you will have used and use now.But if you find an old syringe, I encourage you to try it, to see if there really is not so much difference ...
For my part, to go on an excursion with the Neverita, the glass roads, have to make the mixture and click with syringe, it was much worse than clicking with the bolis, only fast and with an infinitely short and thin needle ...
But for tastes, the colors ...

It is not a matter of taste, if not customs, culture, tradition, etc ...

Well, the regular already existed 100 years ago, bone that for me has not progressed in 20 years that is what we were talking about.And I try it all, I am the first one that when something comes out, but if I see it a shit I did not silence it.

I debut in 94 and I can assure you that the bolis needles were better than those now, than to get them to fit in the ball I am already like 5 minutes turning the shit of the cap.

I repeat I debut in 94 and there were already bolis, and 8 mm needles that for me are the best.I don't know where you lived but there were also bolis here with regular mixtures and NPH.And that of the Neveritas and Vials almost sounds like Chinese.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/24/2015 8:30 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.