If you control the diabetes, nothing will happen to you in the future?

martina3444's profile photo   08/20/2015 10:01 p.m.

Sherpa, because in 94 my daughter debuted and here in Spain there was no bolis, I had to make mixtures, of NPH and regular, nor had it ultra -granted ... the comedy schedules were very rigid, the sudden and frequent hyposmuyIn sleep.And so 10 years.Until the lantus arrived and we got the schedule that was going well for no night hypos, and we got rid of food schedules. I had a before and after.
Now I await another new ultra -central insulin, which will last more than 24 hours.
Let's see if that is better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/24/2015 11:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
sherpa, because in 94 my daughter debuted and here in Spain there was no bolis, I had to make mixtures, of NPH and regular,

Well in Barcelona in August of 94 I swear that there was bolis, the bolis with mixture of NPH and regular already made, I am not so sure because I already say that it has never done well, but the bolis with regular that they went with cartridges thatThey changed instead of throwing the entire ball.YEAH.

I remember a lot, because when I debut I click only with bolis but when I went to the hospital (August 94) to "teach me" forced by the doctor.They taught me only with syringes with huge needles, roads and anti -asquisite meters that took a minute.I told them that the shit was that which in my house punctured me with bolis, I had a much more modern machine and on top of the hospital conferences I was depressed a lot and they did not help me at all.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/24/2015 11:43 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I believe that if you are going to taste, for something we do not like everyone, nor do we like everyone, but well, this is not the issue of this thread.
I'm answering you ...
What is the problem in existing 100 years ago?As you say, if not for the regular one, you would go worse than you are going, so you have a lot to thank.Whoever does not go well for other advances or do not put on your part to adapt to them, it does not mean that there are no.The continuous meter is not doing well, but for many people it is a better standard of living, to see if they believe that it is not an advance ...
If it takes 5 minutes to put the needle to a ball, something you must be doing wrong, I advise you to ask for time in your center to teach you, because it does not take two seconds.
As you can see in my firm, debut in 91 and there was no bolis, debut in Barcelona, ​​by the way, where still looked still, and when the first bolis came out with mixing, the proportions did not go well, so until I did notThe slow one left, I had no choice but to continue with the syringes and the roads.Better that it sounds like Chinese or you had to go through it, although now that I think about it, thanks that the neveritas and the roads existed, PQ but I could not have had a normal and happy childhood.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/25/2015 2:01 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

I perfectly understand what Sherpa means, there have been and changes and things for better, but the base remains the same, having to prick insulin several times a day, and drill our fingers if we want to know how we have glucose.
And the alternatives to this is to wear pots attached to the body 24 hours a day.Between a pump and a continuous meter you look like a robot.
Really this you think is normal in full 2015?:

It gives me Cagalera to see it.

Do not hesitate that the diabetics of the future will laugh at our coast.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/25/2015 2:12 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Of course it does not seem normal, and I have very clear that diabetes is a business, so it is not in a hurry or progress according to the time we are, but I reiterate that my quality of life has improved a barbarity withA cable hooked at my body 24 hours and hopefully I would have put the pump before and I prefer to have to prick at least 6 times a day without counting corrections or the tranquility of being able to stop the pump if I am in hiccups or be able to put 50 patterns thatThey are the ones that fit my standard of living and be able to adjust the guideline in decimals of unity and many more advantages that the pump gives me and not be in a perpetual dilemma that if I put two units I pass and if I put myselfOne does not arrive, for example.
Unfortunately, this is what we have and you have to see the positive part.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/25/2015 2:25 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

intruda said:
what problem is there 100 years ago?
I was talking about the advances I have seen in my life as a diabetic, the problem is that from my personal point of view I have not seen any.

intruda said:
the one who do not go well for other advances or do not put on your part to adapt to them, it does not mean that there are no.The continuous meter is not doing well, but for many people it is a better standard of living, to see if they believe that it is not an advance ...
>
That is that you do not put from you with the meter .... It is a joke, I have already said that the continuous meters and bombs is a very personal opinion of mine and that surely few people share although I see that you share half.

But if I did not know anything about the diabetes and told me that there were first patches that stuck in the skin were very inaccurate and had to take them nailed all day and then the strips that were much more precise and did not need to take themThe day stuck just a puncture and now, I would believe it.The same if the bolis were the advance with respect to the pump.

intruda said:
If it takes 5 minutes to put the needle to a ball, something you must be doing badseconds ..

I told me and they told me that if I did not want the needles, that I would buy them better in the pharmacy that had been complaints of the poor quality they gave.I went with the pharmacist who is my friend and the ones he had were the same.
And in 2 sec.There is no time to screw the Capuchon.Normally the screws (costing a lot) I take her out and it is bad, a little turned or has not fully got into, I have to repeat it 2, 3, 4 times until the insulin comes out.Sometimes the needle is folded and you have to throw the needle.This happens alone in the last years, since the needles stopped carrying a mini -chapchon inside and that coincided with their quality.

The syringes and vials.Better that it sounds like Chino or you had to go through it.

Do not believe, as in my treatment I go continuously in behind it is very likely that I have to go to the roads because the regular insulin bolis have already told me not to distribute them more in Spain.

@Arotorias I always see that I imagine that those who carry a bomb (and a little less CGM) should sleep still as mummies, instead I look like a fan.He had 2 or 3 months the freestyle that is the least apparatous and stuck continuously while sleeping, causing me pulls, pinches ... I even started a couple of sensors while I slept, in the end when I left it, I was feeling the huge pleasure thatIt is not carrying anything nailed or hooked to your body lasts all day and night.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/25/2015 3:47 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

My intention was not to create controversy, or dispute.The 2 sherpa41 and @Intrusa are right.It is clear that there has been a "advance", which is not a "great advance" because yes, it has not been or is.First because continuous meters have the controversy of their accuracy at the time of measurements, having to carry a dressing attached to the body with their special care and attention.Of the bombs because what to say ... It is not something that covers the needs of 60% of the diabetics, let's say that to some extent in recent years the use of pumps has proliferated, but they do not fit all the life needs ofall.In my case wearing a bomb is unfeasible, first because I would be unable to feel well knowing that I have been connected by a catheter and how delicate it is.If my mind is already quite aware of schedules, meals and measurements, I do not see myself in the place of also thinking about the fear that the catheter or machine will be released stop working or whatever, apart from my work eitherIt would be feasible and I don't even tell you to make contact sports, abdominals or weights.That is why I understand the comments of @Sherpa41.But I also see that although minimal, there has been (the one who wanted to give us the laboratories or who demons has to do), but the syringes, needles, feathers, meters, insulins and bombs, it is a small yes, but progress and manyPeople The bomb has solved the control of their diabetes, as well as other continuous meters are exact or has not given them the assurance of not suffering a hiccup and falling round and we no longer talk about the different insulins, slow, intermediate,Fast, ultra -grants, not all work equally and thanks to the variety we find the ones that most adapt to our lifestyle and body.They are insufficient things because the principle of this disease remains the same and has not changed (having to click) Pues if, that has not changed ..

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/25/2015 10:15 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Totally agree @Luvi

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/25/2015 10:18 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

Sherpa, do you put the regular as fast, right?And don't you get slow?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/03/2015 12:13 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I think, if you decided with the bomb, it would do very well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/03/2015 12:25 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.