{'en': 'Paucho cold and dialyic cold wallets', 'es': 'Carteras de frío Poucho y DIA-PAK Classic'} Image

Paucho cold and dialyic cold wallets

fer's profile photo   09/08/2015 3:43 p.m.

This summer I have tried two cold portfolios, the Paucho XL and the Dia-Pak Classic, and I would like to share with everyone the experience and the conclusions after its use.

First of all, to say that I have been resisting to use more "pots", with carrying the insulin bolis in a pocket and the meter in another, I was satisfied, however, it is true that often, in times of greatHeat, insulin lost effectiveness.

For a while I was looking for comfortable cold wallets and finally opted for these two:

Paucho cold portfolio insulin
Dia-Pak Classic

Why 2 cold portfolios?

Each one solves different needs, the poucho is a portfolio " botijo ​​", that is, that works with the principle of evaporation of the evaporation of the evaporation of thewater, which makes the interior of the wallet be maintained at a constant temperature below 20 degrees and for several days (4 or 5).

On the other hand, the Dia-Pak uses a gel bag that has to be freezed (3-4 hours in freezer) and is thought rather to cover about 12-16 hours, which is ideal for the day, since in additionIt has space to put spare parts, lancetas, etc ... with which you can take the full work day kit in a single site.

poucho

Pros: ideal for long trips and carry large amounts of insulin bolis, endure several days and can be left in the fridge directly, for me, it is the best option, especially when I move on weekends, I even have the glucagon inside,And when I have to move, with taking the wallet, I know that I carry everything.In the XL version, there are about 8 to 10 insulin bolis plus glucagon, a more than excess capacity!

Cons: It is not intended to carry on, the principle of the botijo ​​makes the water sweat and especially the first hours, it can prince a little, come on, what better not to carry in a pocket.It cannot carry inside things that cannot be wet, fortunately the bolis, yes!;)

Dia-Pak Classic

Pros: Ideal to work, it is a case that can be carried in your pocket, comfortable, keeps the temperature very cold, the interior sections of the wallet are designed to wear everything necessary, even spare parts of needles, lancets, etc..

Against: You have to leave the gel bag every night in the freezer, it lasts less than 24 hours, you cannot put the glucose meter inside since the temperature could spoil it, I do not know if there is one that can go.There are few bolis, which already blocks daily use.

Conclusions

The two are an essential option for the summer, but each one has a strong point that makes them (from my point of view) totally complicit, I use the poucho for weekends and long trips, due to the simplicity of the transport of transportInsulin, great capacity and everything in the same place.While for the day to day, the dia-pak is much better, I hope this comparison and my experience serve you.: P

fer's profile photo
fer
09/08/2015 3:43 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I like it!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/08/2015 6:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello everyone,

We haven't entered for a long time.We are back but between starting work, children's cabbage, etc ... It has cost us the return.

Two things (good):

1st Medicol has sent us 25 units.Doublepen Fria Porte Portfolio with a 11% discount on the wholesale price.We already applied 10% if we add all discounts for forum members (10+10+11) the total discount is 31%.Each portfolio leaves for € 21.83 for the members of the forum (if I'm not mistaken), its original price is € 31.65.

2º They have already contacted us from Hartmann Laboratories and will soon give us prices for Hydrofilm.As soon as this we already told you.It has cost .......

Oh I forgot.We told you that we were writing a book about diabetes told by diabetics.A kind of theoretical and practical manual.We are finishing it, you have to remove things, more than 200 printed pages came out.We request your testimonies and we want to thank you for everything you have sent.It only remains to see that the impression costs, the idea is to make a small run in demand on demand (it is self -edit to save costs) and also take it out in ebook format.We believe that it is being quite well.We will tell you more ... although most people in the forum surely do not need it.We just hope that the pharmaceutical industry does not demand us, there is a chapter dedicated to them and they are not well stopped.

Greetings to everyone.

A hug to all.

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
09/09/2015 7:46 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

Wishing to be able to read it, Monica !!!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/09/2015 10:49 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Well you will have one !!!!!

Monica_LTD
09/10/2015 6:08 p.m.

Aleee I have already asked myself a case I needed for a long time, they look very good !!!!!Always on trips with the story what to do with insulin.
Well, something disaster when orders, but I just put my computer ha ha.
Thank you so much!!!!!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/10/2015 9:33 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

With the poucho I do not think about it, I leave the insulin and glucagon kit inside the bag in the fridge, so I have my reserved hole and when I leave the weekend I only have to think about taking the wallet and going out the door.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
09/13/2015 11 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Maria in principle has an excursion on the 20th, if in the end fear lets go ..... What model do you advise me so that the teacher can take the glucagon?His educator on her day gave us a gel bag that is the one that uses every day to take the insulin ball to school, but of course, the glucagon does not fit.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/08/2015 3:28 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Hi @rociollinares,

How many days are you going on an excursion?The diapak portfolio allows you to carry the bolis, the glucagon and the glucometer, although it is not a children's model.

If you want a children's model, you have the Love Bug Wallet, but you would have to add some cold complement.

Greetings.

Monica_LTD
10/08/2015 5:35 p.m.

Monica_ltd, it's just for one day.The diapak that Dies keeps the cold ????More than anything for glucagon.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/08/2015 5:40 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Link

"Keep, well:
in fridge (between 2ºC and 8ºC), or
outside the fridge , below 25ºC, up to 18 months and within the validity period. "

Both glucagon and insulin can be taken anywhere without a fridge if it is not very hot.
Another thing is the fear of spoiling the urban legend that it has to always be in the fridge, when the prospect does not say that.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/08/2015 6:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The glucagon endures you out of the fridge up to 18 months and insulin, the feathers that are to use, recommend not putting them in the fridge and endure a month.
Do not complicate your life

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/08/2015 6:18 p.m.

The diapak has a cold gel.You can have a supply of several days.

For glucagon, the ideal is when you get to "destination" put it in the fridge.

Monica_LTD
10/08/2015 6:32 p.m.

Look Rocio, in case it helps you, I have everything in this case, which is a bag that I bought in the year of Pana in Zara for 1000pts, they did not remember the euros, it has two areas and 3 compartments and 3 compartments andFor me it is the most close I have encountered and has a good size, it is tiny, nothing spectacular

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/08/2015 6:35 p.m.

Is that it does not leave me in the same message

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/08/2015 6:37 p.m.

An area for bolis

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/08/2015 6:37 p.m.

And the other for the glucometer, in the middle there is a pocket and on the PIR sides also, and the old gear, which has years, but I bought 2, I have one nine

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/08/2015 6:39 p.m.

And if you want something more childish you have the colored cool days.They also have a cold gel and are quite cheap.I put photos.

Monica_LTD
10/08/2015 6:42 p.m.

What Gala says is true.And also at this time of the year it is not hot so that insulin or glucagon is "melt".

Monica_LTD
10/08/2015 6:49 p.m.

By the way @ monica_ltd , as was the theme of Hydrofilm, which I see on the web but I don't see the price

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/08/2015 9:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.