As under the hemoglobin of my son, desperate .....

aranzazuleg's profile photo   04/05/2016 10:29 a.m.

You know that my son now has 2 years and a half, and with my experience I would have to carry a book hemoglobin, well, from book he carries it but of horrors, I don't know how to fix it.

The grace is that the average glycemia of the quarter comes out 145, but hemoglobin gives it 7.7, as it can be so disparate, the doctor has told us that it is PQ has a very variable diabetes, but milks who do not have a variable diabetes??

I do not give me much solution and no matter how much I apply there is no way, and see that in life I have taken more than 7, always below, but with him I cannot ..... it is a frustration.

Another thing that I wonder if the device to measure capillary hemoglobin measures it in the same way as the general laboratories, bone if it has the same parameters, to see if it is going to be that when they take blood in vein and the result goes to the laboratoryIt is different than the capillary.

Of course, hemoglobin with general analysis is measured.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
04/05/2016 10:29 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Anzazuleg, I can only encourage you.We have exactly like you a few days of frustration, we have the feeling that during these months we have not learned anything.This is desperate !!!

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
04/05/2016 10:34 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Desperate that is to say little because with 20 years of experience I had to carry everything perfect, and you see ... I think this is never learned to take it ...

aranzazuleg
04/05/2016 10:40 a.m.

Just as @rociolinares, encouragement and controls and corrections, it has always cost me a lot to have the hemoglobin well, because just like your child I have a lot of lability, the same is in 80 that in 10 minutes I planted in 300 and peak without explanation.
On the capillary hemo, give you bad news because it is normally lower than the venous hem (vein), a couple of less

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/05/2016 12:37 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Joer, well, good (the hemo's apparatus), and how you get the variability ...Little more stable, but let's go, I am a variable, is that I think we are not?

aranzazuleg
04/05/2016 1:05 p.m.

145 on average and 7.7 hemo, fits quite well.The problem is that you can not risk having it more adjusted due to the risk of hypos.When it grows a little and is quieter, glycemias can be justice and everything will be easier.Much encouragement, that for the age it is very well controlled.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/05/2016 2:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@aranzuleg, because I have really begun to have good hemoglobins to appear that I put myself in Dexcom (the good ones I have previously had were based on 15 daily controls, I do not tell you those of the ambulatory CD... Morros everywhere and my hands ..) that I could see when it began to climb and until as soon as they could correct more less units to put, or avoid the descents with their respective rebounds, q until I returned toNormalizing 3 days passed.
Now for example, I know that Tofos the days do notIt is that about 7 am with 1 unit I lowers 100, I mean incomprehensible total, now knowing because I already go directly with 3 units to the 3 am that I do not go down so easy.
Children as @regina told you, are very sensitive to any change you already know,

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/05/2016 2:57 p.m.

145 on average is what the glucometer gives you, but there are not the measurements of the peaks of the meals or many other things.They are only photos of a very long movie.

The idea would be to have it a month with a couple of free sensors and sure that you could adjust the treatment much better, but you have already commented that it is impossible because they are removed.

Anyway, it is normal for children to have hemoglobins higher than adults, do not be distressed.

I have a "very variable diabetes" never drink it, we all have it.When they tell me it takes me out of what.It is not that my diabetes is more stable than that of others, it is that maybe I have thrown many hours forming the disease, I have done innumerable test-error with all kinds of situations, and above all I leave a paste all themonths in very expensive MCG.If it was not because of the Dexcom, the hemo of 8 did not go down with the life that I carry or coña.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
04/05/2016 3:21 p.m.

@Artorias, the boys as a rule are "more stable", (that we are not nninguno) that we, sneakly due to hormones ... There are very formed people and who take care of a lot and is not at 90 all dayAs much as it is corrected, eat what you have to eat, etc. .. I am pending all day, I have the dexcon so I have increases that I do not relate to anything

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/05/2016 7:39 p.m.

@Gala I am not all day in 90 precisely.My hemo is not to throw rockets, 6.4, but since I almost never have hypos (I can't afford it) is quite acceptable.

And behind that there is a lot of effort and especially money.

This for example is today, rather little stability.Estimated hemoglobin today 6.3.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
04/05/2016 8:20 p.m.

@Artorias, money a lot, we are paying the floor in sensors, heh !!
Today's graph, more like yours, a little fucking ...
My hemo from mid-March 5.9, few drops but upsWith Humalog, the post is fine so I don't know what to modify

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/05/2016 9:07 p.m.

I have that type curves, and there are days that I have discovered by the sensor, so I say that the variability is common in all, to me a hemo of 6.4 seems very good to me, I was there around, nowThat I spend less than me and more of my son I am in 6.8, I do not get to everything, there are days that I do not know if for example I have taken 180 or 90, or my son has taken it, I go crazy, hehehe ....

I would put the sensor if it were a little older, which will be what he does when he turns 5 years and is more aware of everything ...

aranzazuleg
04/06/2016 9:25 a.m.

I also have days that I see only saw teeth for all places especially when I do sports that is beneficial for many other things but for the glycemia curve it is a constant carousel, in fact, I think that when I am more stable it isWhen I do absolutely nothing, there are days that I go to bed in 160 and wake up in 60 and others go to me in 160 and wake up in 160, in the endless mysteries ..

And do not worry because as my endocrine tells me, the dexcom, free etcWe would see ...

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/06/2016 11:58 a.m.

I am about to plant a sensor to my husband, because I am really curious to see how it is a graph of a non -diabetic person, another thing is that it is left, surely the 2nd day already takes it away ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/06/2016 3:32 p.m.

gala said:
I am about2nd day already takes it away ...

www.diabetes-symposium.org/index.php?menu=view&

Short peaks, up to 120-130 at each meal, and then quickly again to the range of 80-90.All that this is not to go to type 2.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
04/06/2016 3:43 p.m.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
04/06/2016 3:43 p.m.

Well, it is not for anything but my meal graphics are much more flat, what happens is when he wants...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/06/2016 7:47 p.m.

They are really punctual peaks, the rest of the time always walk in 80-90 and that makes the hemo down, that's why 5 non-diabetics fall.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
04/06/2016 10:43 p.m.

Hi @Aranzazuleg!I understand you perfectly. I have diabetes for fifteen years, and my girl for two.Children is much more difficult because growth hormone is quite decompensating ... there are seasons that I get frustrated and others that I assume that in our hand there is no more to do ... it will be regulated. I have also worsened something my control, especially in its diagnosis, it was "too much diabetes" in my head ... now I approached 7 instead of at 6. The two we have been freestyle since it came out and that helps a lot.The theme Alarms, as soon as this sensor ends it.

beti's profile photo
beti
04/07/2016 7:04 p.m.

@beti The dexcom theme is to extend the sensors as much as possible, ensure them very well from day one and try different areas to see where it lasts longer.
A lot of encouragement with your little girl, to tell you that you have been so many years.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/07/2016 10:25 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.