{'en': 'Survive without insulin', 'es': 'Sobrevivir sin insulina'} Image

Survive without insulin

LxDazy's profile photo   06/24/2015 8:09 a.m.

I have sometimes listened to plants that regulate glycemia and people that only consume such plants ...

Is it possible that this is true?

Thank you!

LxDazy's profile photo
LxDazy
06/24/2015 8:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome/or the @LXDAZY forum, to summarize it a lot, the answer is no, type 1 we need insulin, and although in a systematic and continuous way there are people who try to sell plants and solutions miracle (believe me, here we have seen thousands already),In reality there is no such alternative.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/24/2015 10:41 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I am honestly art of these Mágufos that the only thing k do is confuse people.Street people have recommended me and said absurd things.
That we find at once!Diabetes is not cured !!!

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
06/24/2015 6:49 p.m.

I am of type 1, and I only inject Lantus (14) at night.I follow a healthy diet, where I barely allow my bread, or a fruit per day.I do sports, way ... and I don't need to use fast insulin.

Irenica92's profile photo
Irenica92
06/28/2015 12:44 p.m.

Irenica9 said:
I am of type 1, and I only inject Lantus (14) at night.I follow a healthy diet, where I barely allow my bread, or a fruit per day.I do sports, way ... and I don't need to use fast insulin.

What you say about not eating fruit is not exactly a healthy diet, have you commented to your endocrine?

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
06/28/2015 2:09 p.m.

Irenica9 said:

Of course you do not need fast insulin, if you do not eat carbohydrates ... that is not exactly healthy.

Laire's profile photo
Laire
06/28/2015 3:43 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

For not putting insulin I do not stop eating everything.I don't see the benefit.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
06/28/2015 8:33 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

What do you eat on a normal day?
Do you do sports? ...

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
06/30/2015 10:20 p.m.

Yes yes .... Sanisimo .... How were he ketosis?

tica's profile photo
tica
06/30/2015 11:15 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Not eating carbohydrates so as not to have to puncture quickly is not "a healthy diet", and I hope nobody reads and copy those firefighter ideas.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/01/2015 12:48 a.m.

At night not as carbohydrates and I have had to take away the fast, I do not think that is not healthy, my sugar levels are good and of course I have no acetone.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/01/2015 12:07 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I think we must differentiate between ketosis and ketoacidosis:

Controversial theme, without a doubt, I think that for lack of information.

Cristina1975Madrid's profile photo
Cristina1975Madrid
07/01/2015 4:20 p.m.

Hi @Cristina1975Madrid, so controversial that I have eliminated links and advertising that does not comply with the forum standards, please, if you want to share some information, that is contrasted and directly in the content of the forum.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/01/2015 4:43 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Good afternoon Fer, have I advertising?I have no interest in putting advertising of any kind and the only interest that can lead me to place a link is only to expand information with content that at the time were helping me.I consider that the people in charge of the forum should allow users of the same to read everything that is published about diabetes so that they can later decide what information they stay and with which not.

Putting a link where they explain the difference between ketosis and ketoacidosis does not comply with the forum rules?
Recommend a book from a doctor who has been diabetic for decades does not comply with the forum rules?
The other link was from a page of a student of medicine, diabetic and with a lot of information, which I do not know at all, only the contents of its website, what a problem there are other people know web about diabetes that are notthis?Is this not a forum to help us among all and expand information?Or maybe be wrong?

In any case, anyone who wants to know more about ketosis and ketoacidosis and wants the link I put and you deleted, to contact me.That I enter in cetosis easily and that I was very scared, find information about it cost me a lot and this article so graphic and well explained helped me a lot.In fact, I share it with my endocrine.

All the best.

Cristina1975Madrid's profile photo
Cristina1975Madrid
07/01/2015 5:24 p.m.

Hi @Cristina1975Madrid, people enter the forum with the sole objective of advertising their magic recipe for diabetes, or the last book of the cure, or some magical recipe, if you review the rules of the forum, you will see that these are collected therecases and what forum moderators do when this happens.

Excuse me if I have interpreted it in your case and it is not correct, please, feel free to share what you think is necessary, and much better if you do it from your personal experience, with contrasting references of what you explain, etc ... andDirectly in the message, it will help us all much more and you will avoid being interpreted as an advertising action.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/01/2015 6:27 p.m.

Here I leave the link to the norms in case you want to review, we are also open to suggestions that can be incorporated into them!;)

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
07/01/2015 6:38 p.m.

Irenica9 said:

It is necessary to have a healthy diet to eat several portions of fruit per day, slow absorption hydrates such as k tmb cereals and vegetables contain hydrates.(Most likely, K in the long run for some deficit and if you have type 1 you will end your reservations and your insulinic requirements will force.
You only consume a dish of beans a protein and a piece of fruit (let's call a healthy menu "lacking some starch or cereal" Your sugar will force.

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
07/12/2015 7:35 p.m.

I say ... but now ... in the long run.That if ... if you exercise to avoid that climb if you can control something ... but I doubt you could do it permanently

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
07/12/2015 7:37 p.m.

I have the same treatment: 14 of Lantus and I almost never need fast, but as a fruit and a lotof breakfast).My problem is that I am afraid to incorporate the HC type rice, pasta and bread, but not the HC of the fruit, q as in almost all meals.I've only been with the disease for a month and that is costing me a lot.As I am on Luna d honey, my educator does not want to teach me to count rations because she says that my glycemias are now "misleading."How should I start incorporating cereals HC into my diet?I really need them eating so much vegetables and fruit?

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
07/12/2015 9:52 p.m.

If someone only uses lantus and not fast and has acceptable glycemia, or is on honeymoon or is not type 1. The rest are very dangerous stories or diets without carbohydrates.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/13/2015 12:55 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.