9 -year -old daughter debut diabetes 1

lurdes's profile photo   04/09/2016 9:56 a.m.

Hello, I am Lurdes, they have just diagnosed my daughter with type 1 diabetes. I would like to add me to a WhatsApp group to speed up inform me, receive advice and clarify doubts.I'm from Martorell.Thank you.All the best.

lurdes's profile photo
lurdes
04/09/2016 9:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You can ask what you want here, that we will try to help.
Welcome!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/09/2016 4:28 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome to the @Lurdes forum!How is your daughter now?

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
04/09/2016 4:56 p.m.

Thank you!Good.The first day of being at home after returning from the hospital he gave him an existential downturn of why me ... he got tired of puncturing himself ... but luckily these last three days better.Yesterday we had the first visit with nurse educator and we adjusted rations and insulin.And well learning ... you have things in a short time.We need to regain strength and normality.Monday back to school.

lurdes's profile photo
lurdes
04/09/2016 7:42 p.m.

Welcome to the @Lurdes forum Tomatelo with patience, if you read for the forum, there are many mothers with children who have recently started with diabetes, I have a nephew that has been 6 months and is 10 years old, ask what you need!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
04/09/2016 8:58 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Good how well @lurdes .... How does @Fer say in the forum there are many parents of children with diabetes.
Good luck in the return to school this Monday !!! Everything is going well!

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
04/09/2016 9:47 p.m.

@lurdes, what insulinas have you put?
Now new slow ones are coming out, that's why I ask.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/09/2016 11:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

La Lantus, at the beginning 7 now 6.
I have two nights that impossible to control it.He wakes me up, clicks but does not come out and refuses to do it.
In the morning their values ​​are normal.But I worry that I do not do well.Is it essential to control the 3 in the morning?Thank you

lurdes's profile photo
lurdes
04/10/2016 3:30 a.m.

Hi @lurdes welcome, my daughter debuted in December last year with 6 years, so ask what you want because here they will inform you super good and learn a lot.
I control the 3 in the morning, I do it as it is in the control of the 24h, if I see that it is more than 130 I do not get up at 3, but if it is below I do a control to get more calm.

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
04/11/2016 10:02 a.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

Ahh great!I will do that!At the moment you have very normal indices so if I can save the three best.I almost prefer that you sleep and rest because it always wakes me up and does not want I punctured it.M thanks!

lurdes's profile photo
lurdes
04/11/2016 10:27 a.m.

Hi @lurdes !!!Welcome to the forum.Ask what you need.Here we are many parents to try to help our children .... -H

Enma's profile photo
Enma
04/11/2016 12:29 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

lurdes said:
ahh great!I will do that!

@Lurdes Eye!The 24h of Rosi do not have to coincide with yours.I explain myFast insulin.

In any case, as I always say, fear is free.We do not stop getting up until we have the Dexcom.And of course in any case a few days after the debut, without knowing how it detects nocturnal hypoglycemia.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
04/11/2016 2:02 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

The morning control is done in case the dose of insulin is excessive and there is a risk of hypoglycemia.If the lantus is well scheduled, it will not produce hypos at night, although you always have to go to bed with a security margin 130?.To my daughter, we had to pass the lantus in the morning, through night hypoglycemia.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/11/2016 5:05 p.m.

Well as I always say Lourdes !!!But better have met you in a bar.
How old is your little one?
You know, don't stop telling us everything.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/12/2016 8:49 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Haha yes but in a bar it could not be for the moment, she is 9 years old.Take Apidra 4.5.3. 1.5.And 4. Lamtus 6

lurdes's profile photo
lurdes
04/12/2016 11:09 a.m.

@lurdes forgive what donkey I am if you have it in the thread hahaha, that I am clueless.
Well you know that what we can help here are but also to learn.What you think is insignificant can be of great help

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/12/2016 11:12 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Today blood was clicking on the leg because there was no way that he came out of his fingers ... he has sores imaging because they are hard ... but I don't think it can be done?Or if?Is it the same blood, right?

lurdes's profile photo
lurdes
04/12/2016 11:36 a.m.

Nono, the blood has to be from the finger, come on is what they have always told us, not even from the fingers of the foot, that my son is two years old and proposed to the doctor and told me no.

Anyway, I don't know that sores can come out ..... You have to prick on the sides of the finger, not in the one.Over time they may come out calluses and black dots.

patience and encouragement !!

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
04/12/2016 11:40 a.m.

Hi @lurdes ... is it useful to descend and shake your hand to increase the local blood flow and then click, do it so?

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
04/12/2016 11:46 a.m.

It is click on the sides but in one PQ the two does not want, but it does not always come out

lurdes's profile photo
lurdes
04/12/2016 11:47 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.