{'en': 'Glucose curves in healthy people', 'es': 'Curvas de glucosa en personas sanas'} Image

Glucose curves in healthy people

fer's profile photo   10/19/2015 4:03 p.m.

On several occasions it has been asked about how many are the appropriate values ​​after 2 hours of having made an intake, there seems to be no clear and defined criterion, or I have not found it, so apart from sharing a couple of links(in English) that deal with the subject, I also ask you, in your experience and knowledge, which is normal?

My conclusion is that in general, healtheaten), and after 2 hours they should already be below 120 mg/dl with a tendency to return to normal.

Continuous Glucose Profiles in Healthy Subjects Under Everyday Life Conditions and After Different Meals
Link

Blood Glucose Variations In Normal Individuals: A Chaotic Mess
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
10/19/2015 4:03 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Endo has always said that 2 hours after eating should be the same as before eating, that is, between 80-120.
I now with the Dexcom try

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/19/2015 4:06 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Of course but we cannot pretend to have non -diabetic values, right?In my short experience, my values ​​to follow (according to endocrine) in my first month are:

70 to 130 before
From 140 to 180 after.

pike's profile photo
pike
10/19/2015 4:09 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

Of course not! But it is good to know how a healthy body works in this case, and notice that the recommendation of your endocrine is close to these values, although something above, because it is understood that the effect of insulin is longer, longer,Or at least, it is what I interpret.

In our case, other factors also clearly influence, such as physical, heat or cold exercise, etc ...

fer's profile photo
fer
10/19/2015 4:18 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

The more we approach normal.
To me the endo with the "pre-embarazo@ I send me to correct away from 130

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/19/2015 4:21 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I do not know if it is fine or not the guideline they gave me.According to my educator, the amount of glucose at two hours should not go from 50 mg/dl more than as it was before intake.That is, if before breakfast you are 100, two hours later, at most you should be at 150. Taking into account that on an emptyics we would not have to exceed 110-115, at most at two hours we would not have to go from 165.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
10/20/2015 12:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, well, it is. The difficult is always to get it. But some guide must have ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/20/2015 2:02 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

At 180 at two hours I am high.Before getting pregnant, I was trying to be below 140 at two hours of eating and not going from 160 at any time.Obviously I did not always get it, but clicking on me about 15 minutes before and playing with the food absorption times used to get the curve a lot.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
10/20/2015 2:58 a.m.

To get these values ​​that you indicate above, at what time do you put the insulin?Just when you start eating, then, a little earlier ...
I suppose that depending on the food in question the sugar rise can be more gradual or make a more accentuated peak.It is something that I can't dominate.

calerun's profile photo
calerun
10/20/2015 1:24 p.m.

If at 2 hours I have the established values ​​below 180mg, at the third or fourth hour I think it would have hypoglycemia although it is also true that it could eat something but it is not a matter of eating every 2 hours even if it is a yoghurt or 1 apple.. And if after that good postpandrial blood glucose I am going to play sports again to eat hydrates, coca cao etc ...

I understand that after eating you are at rest .. ??

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/20/2015 1:37 p.m.

With the Dexcom I am never trying to go from 150.

I think as Inday, to me 180 at 2h it seems too much.

@Sigsauer In my case, I see it well in the Dexcom, at two hours the fast insulin no longer has an effect and almost nothing lows me.
If I am going to do sports or any hard activity, with being over 130 I get, then when I see that under 100 I get a gel.

I recently read an article in English that said that a large percentage of type 1 diabetics has too high basal insulin.
Since then I have been going down the lantus until you get what the article said, between hours with a normal activity (not rest) that glucose does not lower almost anything, and that sleeping the glucose is stable all night, or even that aLittle, but don't go down.

Now I can go to sleep with 100 and wake up with 120, before I was with 180 and I woke up in 70 ... I am not forced to snack either, I can endure until dinner.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/20/2015 2:35 p.m.

Well, if the educators and endors of the world agree because they told me that up to 180 mg/dl after eating was inside the parameters.The same is that having a continuous meter you can hurry a little more but good ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/20/2015 2:52 p.m.

That is another, how and when do we measure?I mean, you have two hours since you just eat, I understand.But that is technically not quite like this because since you start eating, the process begins, right?

And yes, between food and food you take some food without glucose I understand that you don't have to influence you, right?

Regarding the 180, at least, I no longer reach so much but I understand that my reference values ​​are higher because I come again or something.

And they told me the last time I was still on a honey moon!What a low if I no longer have it, nor wedding night or anything;

pike's profile photo
pike
10/20/2015 4:02 p.m.

If I am going to eat some fast absorption (potatoes for example) I put the quick one about 15 minutes before I start, if I am going to eat pasta I put it just before starting and if I am going to eat legume I put it at eating.It happens to me as to @Artorias, starting at 2 and a half or less no longer lowers me.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
10/20/2015 4:15 p.m.

@pike you have to start counting two hours since you start eating, not since you finish.I also did it wrong at the beginning, and they told me to have two hours from the moment I get my first mouth.Today I had consultation with the educator and has told me that the postprandials up to 180 enter the range, but I think that is a lot.I put on top 130-140.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
10/20/2015 6:23 p.m.

Well thanks, @xorxie.I'm doing it wrong then.I take note!

pike's profile photo
pike
10/20/2015 6:56 p.m.

@ xorxie I did not know how to start counting time since you start eating, I thought that just at the end of the moment something is learned.THANK YOU.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/20/2015 8:58 p.m.

I also thought it was 2 hours just after you finish eating that is when you start to do the digestion, we will all be wrong or the educators also did not pay attention at the time ,,,?: D

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/20/2015 9:51 p.m.

They have always told me that it is 2 hours since you start eating

Inday's profile photo
Inday
10/20/2015 9:53 p.m.

@Arotorias What time do you get to have so much stability?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/21/2015 8:08 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.