HIP before sounding the alarm clock? What to do?

valky's profile photo   11/05/2015 7:05 p.m.

At 7.00 am the alarm will sound, but I reveal me at 6.20am, I feel rare, without sweat, without tremors, but rare Why will I have woken up?I would get up to look at my sugar, but it is so Augustty in bed yet ... I ignore it and go back to sleep?Can I get up in case?Well, I walk, I get up, I'm going to the kitchen, I look at myself and ... 55. What anger!What do you do in those cases?Zumito and bed?Galletite and bed?I already start breakfast?Total there are only 30 min left to sound the alarm and have to eat, because as already.I have done all those options hehe, but I always get the doubt.I normally breakfast 2 rations of HC, so being at 55 and if I take a zumito that are already 2r, I do not know if later breakfast again or only half breakfast, or take 1r to go back and then take my usual 2r ...

valky's profile photo
valky
11/05/2015 7:05 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

@valky, I have the case with the glucometer and insulin on the table, which is what you have to do first and so it will not give you so much laziness to look at you and the second always leaves a juice also on the table and so it will not always havehand for those for those cases.Coje a drawer of the bedside table to have all things.
The normal thing to overcome a 55 drop is to have a juice, the cookies are slower absorption) and then normal breakfast and put on the insulin that you so set.
If that happens to you more than 2-3 days, lower a unit the lantus

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/05/2015 7:44 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I do the same as Gala, it usually happens to me that if I'm going down I wake up

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/05/2015 8:05 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

I have a glucose pills boat on the bedside table, if I notice low (or let me know the dexcom) I measure me, I take 1 glucose, half a turn and continue sleeping!

Inday's profile photo
Inday
11/05/2015 8:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I took a glass of milk and sleep .... Before I took a prince cookie but I had to wash my teeth later and revealed me, in addition that then the sugar went up a lot ... so better liquid it, it is moreFast, it is calculated well and is more comfortable ... yes, if I wake up trembling and wrapped in sweat as something else
Greetings

nuria_NBA's profile photo
nuria_NBA
11/05/2015 10:17 p.m.

@nuria_nba, milk is an ultra slow absorption HC so they send it before bedtime, to keep us all night, "supposedly" it is not worth it to trace a drop of 55

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/05/2015 10:23 p.m.

In that case breakfast and took me with one more cookie and sulked me insulin ... In the morning the air climbs the sugar ... fast breakfast, delay 10 minutes the alarm clock and try to sleep ... and I do not sleepCago in the shit of diabetes

tica's profile photo
tica
11/05/2015 10:42 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

As you have told you, theirs is to have the glucometer next door, heh, heh.
For the rest, in that case I would take a tablespoon of sugar with water, or half a glass of juice, so that you quickly fix the downturn and prevent you from climbing you too much, so you do not make a mess with breakfast and you can sleep alittle more.:)>-
If one day you will wake up before that time with downturn and you have margin, take advantage of how I do: I take a spoonful of nocilla (I have already proven that I get 50 sugar points).;)
On the other hand, I say that if this is repeated a lot, one or two Lantus units should be reduced.

Tyler's profile photo
Tyler
11/08/2015 11:07 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015 | Accu - Chek Aviva Expert | Fiasp + Toujeo

The tablespoon of nocilla that uploads 50 points ... Is it dessert or soup?;;) I love the nocilla, and I want to try to know if I also upload the same Jiji. (Although I am aware that the medium juice is the most consistent).
You know what happens, that I go to the kitchen so as not to give the light of the room and wake up my partner, I usually do not usually be so low as not to get to the kitchen, and once there, if I am low, I already haveTo choose it depends on the desire and dream of the moment: juice, cookie, nocilla, ...
The glass of milk took it many nights before bed, or alone or with a teaspoon of the light colacao dessert of the merchant and it is doing quite well, but that day, it is seen not.
I will control the Lantus.Thank you!

valky's profile photo
valky
11/08/2015 11:32 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

My daughter as a gala, the zumito in the table.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/09/2015 3:31 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

In my case, I have the bad luck that I wake up at the time I wake up (from 5), I can no longer sleep, I enter out and I have to get out of bed.So breakfast even if they are hours.

pike's profile photo
pike
11/09/2015 7:53 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

When I have a nocturnal hypo I drink some Coca Cola (with a couple of drinks it is enough for me).Many times I have woken up so soaked in sweat that, in addition to drinking the Coca Cola, I had to change my bedding, change my pajamas and turn on the radiator so as not to freeze.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
11/09/2015 12:02 p.m.

@Roar, that has also happened to me, changing everything because it is dripping and then you get a cold ice cream throughout the body that is not normal and then when you begin to heat you are going to fall asleep with a body heaviness... they let me pour dust
They are usually very abrupt, that you look very fast

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/09/2015 12:40 p.m.

I do not understand how you have nocturnal hypos with the Dexcom, unless you have the alarm in 70 and be late.Or do not listen to it.

With the Dexcom, the "Low Compression" that are false alarms of descent can occur when the sleeping sensor is compressed on it.But if it has calibrated well, of the true hypos will always notify you.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/09/2015 2:49 p.m.

No, since I have the dexcom I do not have those descents, I have lows as who says, 65 as low as I get, I also have 80, although when I whistle and make hair, with the delay it carries, I am in that, I am in that,in 65-70.
But I have thrown 21 years without dexcom and that time gives for many declines ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/09/2015 3:30 p.m.

I can sleep on a lit concrete, so the alarms are not worth me, and if I wake up it is that the descent is already very considerable, so 2 juices to overcome quickly and a yogurt if I have not been fried in the stool of thekitchen before.If there is little for the alarm to sound, I punctuate a couple of units to avoid the "rebound".Hurry those golden minutes with the ear attached to the pillow and when I get up I usually be at more than 120 and climb, because the fast is not yet in full action.I drink alone and not as anything until the downhill does not start.If the descent is very beastly, I eat even the magnets of the fridge and then schoo like 6 or 7 units.In those cases I get up over 200 and that day of Curro is usually Chungo, I look "The Walking Dead"

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/09/2015 4:47 p.m.

I do not have dexcom, but I do pump and, since I put it on, the hypos have been reduced considerably.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
11/09/2015 5:30 p.m.

My daughter disappeared nightlife since the lanturs began to be put in the morning.Sleep like a lily.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/09/2015 5:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If I have played sports from 7 pm I have to get off the lantus more than 6 Ò 7 units and dinner almost without a rapid although I leave a little high because if I don't know that in the hipay...

@Nuria_nba to trace with a glass of milk had never heard it, as a risk sport along with paratrooper and the descent of cannons would also be worth ... (it's joke););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/09/2015 6:09 p.m.

@sigsauer Well I am like @nuria_nba, to me the skim milk raises my glucose fast

Inday's profile photo
Inday
11/09/2015 6:35 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.