How menstruation affects me

HaissaPinupple's profile photo   08/20/2015 10:18 p.m.

Hi, I would like to know how menstruation affects you.

To start, and maybe not everyone happens to you but I know that many do, it is usually two days before it got out, I notice how the hormones hehe, hee, even if I try to control myself, I cry for anything or I am easily angry,And if as I get nervous I get sugar, I try to compensate it with sport, while that makes you think of other things.

I suffer from dysmenorrhea (excessive pain the first days), another reason why I have mismatches those days, apart from pain stress is that I have many nausea and there are days that I have ended up vomiting causing my hypoglycemia.

I also notice but only during those days insulin resistance.

A type 1 diabetic friend that if you have uncontrolled sugar, your menstrual cycle may instead of being 28 days or so it lasts 40 because the body has other needs rather than reproduce and does not put enough energy.Has something similar happened to you?

HaissaPinupple's profile photo
HaissaPinupple
08/20/2015 10:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I usually have quite insulin resistance the days prior to ovular and the first days of the rule.The first part of the menstrual cycle if I am not careful I usually have many hypos.
About what you say about menstrual imbalances caused by diabetes, I think you have to have a bad control to influence.I personally have long cycles, but I have always been like that, even before having diabetes (I was diagnosed at 25)

Inday's profile photo
Inday
08/20/2015 10:28 p.m.

Hello, I asked the same thing here for a while because I noticed that the values ​​raised me during the period (I could not quantify the effect but it was moderate, let's say).I am a controlled type II with diet and sport.It seems that this happens.I also asked in the consultation and the answer was that it could be since after all insulin is a hormone ... and all of them suffer variations during menstruation.
On the duration of the period I have no idea.Greetings!!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/21/2015 3:26 a.m.

In my case, after ovulation, I have lower values ​​and during the rule, the opposite ... and I am with @inday, I do not think that having diabetes influences the cycles, as long as you are well controlled.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/21/2015 9:24 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

This is because of hormones (estrogens and progesterone) estrogens increase insulin sensitivity (hypoglycemia) and progesterone insulin resistance (hyperglycemia).Usually days before menstruation, glucose levels rise, it is important to take care of what is eaten in those days.
(I have diabetes since the age of 7)

Varela's profile photo
Varela
09/07/2015 1:29 a.m.

I am shooting all that week.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
09/07/2015 11:10 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

To me the days before the rule and during I have the highest gkicymic values ​​now that I carry the bomb they continue to notice but not so much, that is, before the pump the same was 250/300 and now with a bomb I am between 200/250 thePrevious days and during the mestruation

joana's profile photo
joana
09/08/2015 1:37 a.m.

What I do is raise the basal dose between 8 and 10%, I have just been with the microinfusora a year.And I try to eat the least amount of carbohydrates.

Varela's profile photo
Varela
09/08/2015 3:06 a.m.

@Joana @ Varela The same thing happens to me before and the first days with the descents.I also have a bomb and have made three different guidelines for each part of the mestrual cycle, and the hyper previous hyper, the hypo of the first days even with some or very tight figures approx 70

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
10/23/2015 9:10 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

I have noticed it at 13 months of debuting.The first year, I did not notice anything, now I glymia up with ovulation by progesterone and with menstruation two days before;On day 1 and 2 of Cycle in Hippo I suppose that for the estrogens.The endocrine told me it is normal.

And the first two days have made me again and during the ovulation.I spend the month to ibuprofen or paracetamol.
I did not touch the basal, change the rapid and as less carbohydrates.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/09/2016 10:15 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, why do you eat less hydrates?

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/09/2016 5:57 p.m.

@Anaisabel as less carbohydrates so that they do not give me peaks with ovulation and menstruation.I am very high days do what you do, so I double the dose of insulin and try to eat less amount of carbohydrates so as not to reach 200 glycemia at each meal.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/10/2016 12:39 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Ok, each is a world.Can't eat the same and duplicate, triple ...,. The fast?

Anaisabel
05/10/2016 2:08 p.m.

Yes, of course but run at risk of hypoglycemia because insulin resistance is suddenly, without warning ... I have already had those experience.
Right now he has given me a hipp for that.I kept the HC and uploaded the insulin a unit ... I have not reached the food when I arrive yesterday with 111.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/10/2016 2:15 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Let's see if they pass soon and you are already better.You know this is a matter of testing the bad that sometimes what works for you one day to the next.

Anaisabel
05/10/2016 2:17 p.m.

Thank you.My hypos are not severe because I remain in the honeymoon but it bothers me to stop doing what I have in hand, stop 15 min until I recover and continue where I leave it.Especially because I am sitting in an office without great shocks;If I did any kind of movement I would understand it but it is not my case.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/11/2016 10:53 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello!

In my case before, I did not notice so much hyperglycemia during the menstrual cycle but lately if I notice it, a few days before ovulation and a few days before menstruation my glycemia triggered and there is an insulin resistance.

For me, the really complicated is knowing that guideline is going well for me, because I don't know ... but what works for me for a month does not work for the next month ... hahaha ... My glycemias have their own life!!

I agree with Ruthbia ... when you start to take the point to the new hyperglycemia situation ... PUUUM ... Goodbye insulin resistance and hypoglycemia.
With diabetes ... Every day is a new day!

Greetings to all!

nuniru's profile photo
nuniru
05/31/2016 10:18 a.m.

36 años, LADA desde los 31
Toujeo 10 ui; apidra 3 - 4 -3
última glicosilada 6.4

I cannot contribute anything here, just comment that any alteration in our body, influences our glycemia, menstruation, infection, flu, disgust, an alteration, etc ... This disease is not predictable and never 2+2 =4.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/31/2016 2:56 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Totally agree @luvi, this are not mathematical or much less.
In my case I thank that now I use insulin bomb, because with the hormones the days of up and down were uncontrollable, more or less I was doing but I could not avoid failing, because what you say today is not repeated tomorrow.
With the bomb now I have the possibility of changing guidelines at all times, since despite having different guidelines depending on the phase of the cycle in which I am, one does not have the magic ball to know if this month is advanced one day or what timeOvulo exactly, so even and with that, I have to walk on the march.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
05/31/2016 5:06 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@gemater do not see how I am glad when I see that the theme of the bomb is helping you something.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/04/2016 9:50 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.