Hello everyone, new type 2 diabetic

Narciso's profile photo   11/07/2015 6:11 p.m.

Hello, my name is Narciso and I am 45 years old and apparently for 3 months I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.

Greetings.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
11/07/2015 6:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome,@Narciso !!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/07/2015 11:42 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome and encouragement!

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/09/2015 2:14 a.m.

Hello I Type II too.You ask what you need ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
11/21/2015 12:07 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Thanks for your support.But I think I'll stop writing here soon.It is what has a glycosilada of 11.5 and see how the doctors of the Junta de Andalucía leave you with a metformin -based treatment (2000 mg. A day) and Basal Lantus insulin of 15 Un./día.

I am not prescribed by Novorapid before each meal despite having values ​​of more than 300 before eating, that by the way, they have not told me what I can or cannot eat.They only tell me to control the fasting glucose values ​​and nothing else since I only have one strip a day (if they prescribe more than one a day, I think Susana Díaz will be angry a lot).

Anyway, it's sad but it's reality.I have been quoting Spanish Social Security for more than 20 years so that when I need, they serve me this good.Giving me appointments of three in three months so that in the hospital an internal medicine doctor see me that it is not even endocrine, since for that, you have to refer you to the capital (Málaga), and for that I imagine that the glycosilada mustBe between 15 or 20 to derive the endocrine.

Thanks and greetings.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
11/22/2015 10:21 a.m.

I cannot believe it, that you are with glycosylated UBA11 and do not refer you to the endocrine.pide change of a doctor. They have a complaint in your health center.Or seed directly in the emergency room and enter you, and put the correct treatment.
With a value of 300, they have to enter you, at that same moment.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/22/2015 5:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Do not leave it that way.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/22/2015 5:55 p.m.

That is not type2.Have all the tests you need.
They have to test the C peptide, to give you a correct diagnosis.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/22/2015 5:57 p.m.

There are several times that I have had to go to the emergency room with 300 and peak levels.They do not enter you, they do not make the glycosylated test, on some occasion they scold you for carrying a bad control of diabetes and refer you to the header.You put complaints on the claim sheet and you see no result.

The C peptide test is not covered by Andalusian health (thanks Susana).I have spoken with several diabetics and they tell me that after several years, they refer you to the endocrine of the capital (Málaga), because yes, it is true, it seems incredible but in the Antequera hospital there is no endrocrino consultation.

Tomorrow there if I can go through the hospital to put a claim of why they have not referred to the endocrine of Malaga to know that I have a glycosilada of 11.5.

Greetings and thanks.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
11/22/2015 10:31 p.m.

The endocrine has to do with you.Do not stay calm until you have the hemoglobin in 7 or less., if you do not get it with pills, that they make you fast on meals.
I am not a doctor, but hemoglobin has to be controlled, if not, the treatment is not good.You will tell us how you follow.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/23/2015 12:44 a.m.

Thanks for the support.I will continue to inform you of how everything goes.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
11/23/2015 3:20 p.m.

Well, even if you do not believe it ... they do not take us to the endocrine ... (I have not gone despite diabetes) ... this happens to us everywhere from Spain to type II ...
Nor do we throw us if you do not use insulin ... So k if they give you one, even thanks that none ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
11/23/2015 10:59 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Ultima glicosila 6

As for food, it looks here what is called "the plate method" ... is k we must eat ...
Quite legume, pumpkin (regulate glucose), and moderate exercise three times a week (not if you are more than 200) ... They say that a walk after each 1/2 hour meal (a mini walk) isMore effective k hour and a half once a day ...
Ask what k precise.A hug!

nina45's profile photo
nina45
11/23/2015 11:03 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

But a hemoglobin of 11.5 is not fixed with walks and regime. That needs insulin and endocrine. And a good diagnosis, with the necessary tests.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/24/2015 2 a.m.

Well, today I have visited the endocrine.100 Eurillos consults.

The thyroid well (except a 2 mm unimportant fat cyst).I looked at the tension in arms and legs.Cardiac pulse and general tension.All good.

He has tested the glycosilada.It has dropped to 9.7% (something is something).

I have uploaded the basal lantus to 17 and tells me to go up little by little until I get 100/120 on an empty stomach.

I have given a feather of insulin novorapid.I have to put 6-6-4 with a corrective margin of one more novorapid unit every 50 mg/blood glucose that passes me from 100. That is, if it comes out 200 before eating, 6+2 = 8 novorapid.And that the days that the postpondrial can check at two hours of eating.

He told me that to know what kind of diabetes I have to go to an analysis laboratory and do these fasting tests and if possible, with several hours without having punctured insulin, namely:

- Anti-Gad antibodies: 120 EUR.

- Anti-Ai2 antibodies Phosphatase: 63 EUR.

- Ains Insulin Antibodies: 27 EUR.

- Peptide C: 29 Eur.

As you can see a paste.

Finally, I spend the nutritionist who explained to me a good time what I could eat and what I didn't.

Have if we are raising this little by little.

Thanks for your advice.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
11/24/2015 4:13 p.m.

Go to your GP with those reports, to derive the endocrine, now, and the tests that do them in the SS, which has to cover them.
Once the right treatment is placed, the tests are no longer in a hurry.
It seems very good endocrine to which you have gone.
That your doctor finds out well what you have to do. And where you have to send you, because that would have done the end of the SS.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/24/2015 5:02 p.m.

And the strips to measure you, which is prescribed to you the endo of the SS, at least to make you 6 or 7 a day.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/24/2015 10:26 p.m.

Ok.I will continue making efforts to send me to the endocrine.On Dec 16.I have a visit with the internist.If I do not derive the endo, I will let him know that I will put a beautiful claim for bad prion.

I will look at the strips too.Now I have made the nurse put me 3. But it is true that to measure the postpandrales I need at least 3 more.

Since I am with Novorapid, I have managed not to pass 300, but it is still high.

Today I had my first hypoglycemia.The little machine came out in 74 and I entered cold sweats and a feeling that I don't want anyone.

I will continue to inform.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
11/25/2015 4:03 p.m.

If you are attached to such high values, you will notice hypoglycemia in normal values.74 It is not hypo... but you have to go down, until you get between 70 and 180., almost always.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/25/2015 6:26 p.m.

Ok.I will take it into account.

What normal value is a hypo?

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
11/25/2015 7:12 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.