{'en': 'IPort', 'es': 'Iport'} Image

IPort

OscarelGato's profile photo   05/13/2016 3:46 p.m.

Do you know something about the Iport?

They just sent it to me in this link: Link

It seems that it is to avoid more punctures to inject insulin.

Link

OscarelGato's profile photo
OscarelGato
05/13/2016 3:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@oscarelgato is a kind of canula that you place and keep for a few days to inject the insulin without nailing the needle directly.Similar to the canulas that we put in the insulin pump.
In case it is for you, this

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
05/13/2016 3:54 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

We are using it for a month.With respect to the usual punctures, they are all advantages but it has the inconvenience that it is Muuuyy Caro.For the rest: putting it hurts only a usual puncture, lasts 72 hours, you can mix different types of insulin (provided that between one and time it passes 1 hour) ... I do not know my daughter is delighted ... My portfolio worthy:)

all the best

tmac100's profile photo
tmac100
05/13/2016 11:59 p.m.

It is a pity that social security does not lend it to finance it, because it does not finance it?Because everyone would ask for sure

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/14/2016 6:10 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

We are usual users, two years ago with the insufflon and for a couple of months with iPort because the latter was not marketed in Spain. It is a pass, but as it says @tmac100 expensive. Insuflon Valia about 34 euros the box ofTen, iPort 60 euros plus VAT ten units;Fast.A my girl was many bruises and I am delighted, she the first clear.

beti's profile photo
beti
05/15/2016 10:39 p.m.

For Beti
Hello.
Why have you changed from insuffa to Iport and how do you do it to tell you 4 days?
All the best.

hijodetroya's profile photo
hijodetroya
05/16/2016 12:38 a.m.

Hello @hijodetroya!
Especially for size.
Insuflon is an oblique and much longer catheter than the iPort; when removing it, it was a quite large and rowed insertion that left Marquita. His insertion is more painful because to pass the plastic catheter you have to channel the entire needle and measuresabout 18 mm long if I remember correctly, it was solved by putting topical anesthetic emla.
Iport is perpendicular to the skin, there are several sizes but I take the 6 mm that leaves no mark when withdrawing it. It is easy to insert and does not require prior anesthesia.
The commercial house advises you to change every 3 days in all these ports of subcutaneous administration, reviewing bibliography, especially in insufflon, I have seen that it can endure even five days without changing whenever the insertion point is not red or inflamed, the problem comesthat the area is "saturated" of insulin and perhaps decreases the effect of it. I have seen that with four days it works well, does not lose effectiveness, and is not infected.
With insufflon you see the place of insertion because you place a dressing with a transparent part on top, iPort does not allow to visualize it but also remove it every four days and no click of the puncture.
Both look great and endure showers, swimming pool ...
I hope I have helped you.A hug

beti's profile photo
beti
05/16/2016 11:09 a.m.

Thank you very much,
Very good information!
Have all a good afternoon.

OscarelGato's profile photo
OscarelGato
05/16/2016 6:58 p.m.

Thanks Beti ... and everyone.

hijodetroya's profile photo
hijodetroya
05/16/2016 11:04 p.m.

Girls encourage you the truth within the price that is expensive, my daughter does not want to puncture again in the flesh we are very happy, the two are 7 years old

Sergiopr's profile photo
Sergiopr
06/18/2016 3:18 p.m.

Hello.
I return to this topic, I just asked for a test box, and I would like to know a couple of things.
The first and main doubt is whether you have to click any more dose of insulin, which can stay in the cannula that carries the device.
The second doubt is the rotation of the injection points, we would use it for the fast, and from what I see in a propaganda, it is usually only put in the belly, how do you do this rotation?

Antonio Alarcon's profile photo
Antonio Alarcon
12/05/2016 10:17 p.m.

DM3
Padre de Javier, 14 años, DM1 desde Mayo 2016

I have already consulted with Medtronic, and they say that the insulin that remains in the cannula is insignificant, that there is no reason to add any extra doses
They have also told me that Insulin A can be mixed, as long as it takes more than an hour between one and the other.
As for the rotation, what they say is that the only recommended thing is not to put the port again in the same place as it was

Antonio Alarcon's profile photo
Antonio Alarcon
12/07/2016 3:45 p.m.

DM3
Padre de Javier, 14 años, DM1 desde Mayo 2016

Hello good night to everyone, I just registered in your forum and I would likeThanks and greetings to all

Loliya's profile photo
Loliya
03/26/2017 11:54 p.m.

If you get on the medronic website you come a phone to talk to a commercial.

beti's profile photo
beti
03/27/2017 7:21 p.m.

loliya said:
hello good night to all, I just recorded in your forum and I would like to share with you all our experiences, doubts, fears and joys.an information phone about the Iport? We are from Alicante. Thank you very much and greetings to all

I advise you to call the dialibre clinic that also sell it and there is a discount on the forum to buy.
It is more economical than buying Medtronic.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/27/2017 7:28 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I previously bought it in Dialibreshop because they went very well in price. They are seen that they are no longer in promotion
Because the last ones I bought at the same price as in Medtronic and the option for buying them on its website does not even appear.

beti's profile photo
beti
03/27/2017 10:40 p.m.

My son has the iPort and we place it in the arm, since it is very skinny and in his belly he came out.If they see that the values ​​rise excessively, one of the things that can happen, if they moved when placing it the cannula may have entered crooked and for not entering insulin.Tomi gave 450, that day came with high values ​​that caught attention, applied insulin on the belly, as we did before the Iport and under his glycemia, when he took it out the cannula was folded ... to take it into account!!!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/05/2017 12:31 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Hi Dani76.I use it for fast and slow, although since I had two days in a row, the inexplicable climb injected into my body.It may be that the previous two times I put it in the abdomen and now in the leg and maybe the fast does not go the same ... I don't know.As I have an appointment with the endocrine at the end of this month, I will ask him why I do not want to be with the doubt whether or not the insulin enters every time he uses the port.

Sara47's profile photo
Sara47
01/05/2018 2:51 p.m.

I also passed the fast and slowly with the difference of an hour and a half, from Medtronic they recommend passing the rapid and that there is an hour away.We decided to spend only the rapid X the Iport.Usually 4 days do well, I could leave it more, but we do not do it. We must only be alert to very high or striking values ​​and take it into account.My son takes him in Bracito and is doing well.In his belly it did not turn out because he is very skinny and got out.That goes well !!!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
01/05/2018 4:20 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Ah and surely insulin does not go the same, in the arm and legs much slower and in faster belly, x the least my son works

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
01/05/2018 4:22 p.m.

Argentina

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.