{'en': 'Dexcom G4 Share/G5', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 share/G5'} Image

Dexcom G4 Share/G5

Gala's profile photo   11/29/2015 11:07 a.m.

Someone knows how to explain the differences between the G4 Share and the G5, are they very similar, right?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/29/2015 11:07 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hello @gala, which is the G4 Share ...? .. The meter software ??? ... greetings, and I hope someone who knows can help you since you also help a lot

nuria_NBA's profile photo
nuria_NBA
11/29/2015 8:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I don't know if I put the leg, but they correct me.The G4 Share I think is the possibility through a mobile application to be able to visualize the glycemia in other mobile phones, that is, other people from your family can see on their smartphones at all times all your glycemia and the trend when they want (I don't knowIf I have explained well or rolled too much ...)
In the G5 I think that by being able to use the phone to see the glycemia, alarms and trends, that application or whatever it is called by default in the system to be able to do the same ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/29/2015 9:10 p.m.

The G4 Share in Spain is not sold.The G4 Share carries the updated software.You can connect the Bluetooe receiver with mobile, authorized mobiles and clock.
The G5 that transmits through Bluetoooh is the sender so the battery lasts less.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/29/2015 9:44 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Jolin, then the Share is better than the G5, which spends the same emitter as the G4 and lasts more and passes it to the mobile just like the G5, right?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/29/2015 11:04 p.m.

Dexcom G4 with Share :

Link
Dexcom G5 :
G4 sensors, new transmitter.The receiver is the same as that of G4 with Share.The receptors of the people who have the G4 with Share in the USA, through a simple software update become G5 receptors (without turning back).To the people who buy the G5 directly, they give a slightly changed receiver but it is basically the same.

The G5 transmitter emits in Bluetooth, which greatly reduces the life of its battery compared to that of the G4, which emits in a proprietary radio protocol that spends much less energy.
This transmitter can therefore be paired and issued directly to a mobile, without the need of the official receiver in between.
Currently Dexcom G5 only has a mobile app available for iPhone.Next year for Android, a not determined date.

The G5 transmitter only has its operation guaranteed 90 days.It is said that in its specifications it comes with a self -appoard 18 days after those 90 days, that is, it has a total life of 108 days.This is yet to be confirmed, we will have to wait for people to start dying the transmitter.

Seeing the prices established by the official dexcom distributor in UK, which prepares the wallet who wants to use the G5: Link

It is a tease.In the USA they give two G5 transmitters for the same price for which one will give here.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/30/2015 2:39 a.m.

With Share is like now that we carry the receiver and mobile in the bag, right?Only if you kie, can you see the values ​​in the mobile or in the iWatch, is it so?And the transmitter lasts a year ...
@Artorias, thanks for the clarification

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/30/2015 8:38 a.m.

@Arotorias, above it seems that they put the clarifications with the resort, transmitter, 3 months guaranteed, above that it lasted less ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/30/2015 8:42 a.m.

gala said:
with the share is like now that we carry the receiver and mobile in the bag, right?Only if you kie, can you see the values ​​in the mobile or in the iWatch, is it so?And the transmitter lasts a year ...
@Artorias, thanks for the clarification

Yes. The useful Telemonitorization, which is to upload your values ​​to the Internet with the mobile to be able to see it in real time from other mobiles, especially in case of children.
And the clock always works through the mobile, never alone.
The transmitter is the same as ours.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/30/2015 10:28 a.m.

The issue is to know what more precise level of accuracy has the G5 regarding G4.@Arotorias Prices those in England I think they are more expensive than in Spain always.
The price difference here will be in the issuer when the sensor is, it would be necessary to know in the US the price of the emitters that I think they are two in two and the prices are the same in dollars as in euros, I say the numbersNot conversion.
I saw the price somewhere and it sounds like it was less than € 300 the two issuers, but of course this is 6 months of life regarding the year we have now.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/30/2015 12:28 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

That I say that we are very good with the G4 until they get something better, that the g5 seems that it is not ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/30/2015 12:32 p.m.

We are considering the meter for Maria, as some you know ...;) I read you and lose myself ... But is there a possibility of acquiring the G4 instead of the G5?Does the G5 only work with the mobile?I know that it would be for us to have it with the mobile, but on the other hand I would not like to take the mobile to school, apart from the fact that it is prohibited in the case, I know that in the case of Mary there would be no problem, but I would not like thatI did not be tempted to use it for what you should not ..... I don't know if you understand me ..... and as Mary controls very well the theme of when and how to put the insulin, and how to rectify or how to overcome aHIP .... I think the mobile issue is not so necessary.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/30/2015 1:31 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@jconegar is only for USA, in Europe it seems that it will not be done, so I have read in UK forums.

@Rociollinares The G4 is the only one that can be acquired in our country at the moment through its official Novalab distributor.It is the non-share version, which does not connect with the mobile, it is only a receiver in which you visualize glucose and graphic and put alarms.

The G5 is expected in the coming months.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/30/2015 2:38 p.m.

@Rociollinares The great advantage of the theme of using the mobile is telemonitorization, which is to see from your home in real time how your child is where it is.For parents it is a lot of tranquility and a change of life.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/30/2015 2:42 p.m.

@Rociollinares The G5 is going to be more expensive but for people like you with diabetic children I think it is ideal because you will be able to see on your mobile phone and at all times the glycemia and trends of your girl is where it is, school, school,Playing, doing sports etc ... I think it's very useful--

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/30/2015 2:46 p.m.

@rociolinares in Spain the G4 I confirm that it will live with the G5.You can buy both.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/30/2015 2:47 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@Artorias @rociollinares with the NightScout system Telemonorizacion works well and can be used with G4.
It is called Nightscout can be searched at Nightscout.info or in the Facebook group CGM in the cloud.
An economic motorola is used.There are covers created to have the receiver and mobile together.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/30/2015 2:58 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Thank you very much to everyone !!!!Today everything is doubts.And knowing me, I don't know if I would give myself more peace of mind, I would spend the pending day of the mobile, it will have been rectified or not ???, will be doing the right thing before the hypo ???And so all day ... yes, I suppose the concern would be more bearable than now and look again at the mobile could come out of doubt.
Let's see if while we decide, the G5 arrives and we leave doubts.
And another thing ... Is there a possibility of postponement or financing?

RocioLlinares
11/30/2015 3:06 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares, yes, I think you can pay you in 3 installments, in 2 fixed but I think now also in 3

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/30/2015 3:13 p.m.

If, but the problem now is whether we are already the subject or wait for the G5, for the subject of the mobile and carry us control ... if when it is not one thing that is!But with the lack of control that Maria takes these days, without the insulin effect, we are seriously considering us ...

RocioLlinares
11/30/2015 3:21 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.