{'en': 'Older person with almost 400 sugar', 'es': 'Persona mayor con casi 400 azúcar'} Image

Older person with almost 400 sugar

Fatimacanaria's profile photo   10/09/2015 7:31 p.m.

My mother -in -law is diabetic and currently has the sugar almost 400.

Doctors send her to click twice a day and remain almost the same.

Any herb that helps lower sugar ????

Image Source: Dr R.M Antuña de Alaiz

Fatimacanaria's profile photo
Fatimacanaria
10/09/2015 7:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Leave her herbs.

That goes to good endocrine, a header is not going to solve anything.

With those levels, you need a total treatment change.

If it is usually about 400 glucose, tell him clearly that he will not endure many years without having very serious complications, such as loss of vision, blindness.

Look for a good endocrine but already, urgently.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/09/2015 9:03 p.m.

With these values ​​it is at risk of ketoacidosis and coma. It would be better to take it to the emergency room and to enter it to adapt the treatment.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/09/2015 10:28 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks for your answers.I have been as concrete as possible.We have already led it to Endocrine, we have tried to be admitted but they ignore us.I think as they are older they don't care.And we have no financial resources to go on the other hand.

Fatimacanaria's profile photo
Fatimacanaria
10/10/2015 7:39 p.m.

What insulin do you use?The Endocrine of the SS should be treated and the insulin dose, at least.Do you do controls after meals?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/10/2015 8:36 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Well, keep looking endocrine until you find one that knows how to distinguish your right hand from the left.
Anyway with 400 glucose constants, they should enter any decent hospital.

Very summarized, to get an idea:
This person needs to be administered a basal insulin once a day, and in meals a fast action insulin whose amount has to vary according to the carbohydrates that that food has.
The glucose minimum 6 times a day should be measured, before eating (to know how it is glucose, and according to that adjust the rapid insulin dose to be put) and 2 hours after each meal (to know if the dose ofFast insulin has been correct, or if it has been very low or very high and you have to correct) ..

According to what you tell, he clicks 2 times a day for clicking.That is not worth anything if it is type 1 diabetic (which I suppose yes, since you have not commented on anything to take pills, and it has very high values).

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/11/2015 6:14 p.m.

It is type 1 diabetic

Victor romero's profile photo
Victor romero
01/08/2018 10:18 p.m.

Yes continue with such high values ​​will have to review the treatment an endocrine.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/08/2018 10:26 p.m.

Herbs ?????Please!!!!!!!!!Although the doctor has treated him with 2 daily administrations, they are supposed to be based on normal glycemia values, bone, between 100 and 150 (approx), which means that you have to lower glycemia first and this is achieved with additional insulin , only for this purpose.I would put, for now, 5 or 6 units.And I would check blood glucose at 2 hours, to decide.If you are not sure, the doctor confirms it to you, or you are going to the emergency room.

JVH's profile photo
JVH
03/25/2018 11:56 a.m.

Well, maybe the family doctor does know a little.Or the same has spent 6 years of career and 4 of specialization playing the mus.Or we better send it to the university where Hebeis studied you, who seems to be very good.Of course, the endocrine does not seem to distinguish the right hand of the left.By God, how much pride !!!!

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
11/05/2018 11 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

Hi @fatimacanaria a question being an elderly person may take some medicine apart to get sugar too.

Cleo's profile photo
Cleo
01/12/2019 9:58 a.m.

jvh said:
herbs ?????Please!!!!!!!!!Although the doctor has treated him with 2 daily administrations, they are supposed to be based on normal glycemia values, bone, between 100 and 150 (approx), which means that you have to lower glycemia first and this is achieved with additional insulin , only for this purpose.I would put, for now, 5 or 6 units.And I would check blood glucose at 2 hours, to decide.If you are not sure, the doctor confirms it to you, or you are going to the emergency room.

I do not think we are the ones who have to give insulin guidelines to Boleo, that would have to do an endocrine after studying his case and see all the medications he takes.

jubano's profile photo
jubano
02/24/2019 11:43 a.m.

I think even a good family doctor could treat her better.The first thing I would find out is if the indicated treatment is really being managed, because many people stop putting the insulin to avoid punctures, but do not admit it

juanluis's profile photo
juanluis
02/24/2019 1:18 p.m.

ignasi_p said:
Well, maybe the family doctor does know a little.Or the same has spent 6 years of career and 4 of specialization playing the mus.Or we better send it to the university where Hebeis studied you, who seems to be very good.Of course, the endocrine does not seem to distinguish the right hand of the left.By God, how much pride !!!!

Good opinion Ignasi_p totally agree

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
03/17/2019 11:46 a.m.

Hello good afternoon I recommend that you have to eat nopales as soon as a lotInsulin that is injected needs not to eat fat ... Nopales will help you sweep with fat because it has a lotPower in your case to insulin

Marissa_Gallardo's profile photo
Marissa_Gallardo
07/29/2019 2:23 a.m.

marissa_gallardo said:
... You have to eat nopales ... and you have to take cinnamon pills ... Nothing that is cold and with ice this removes power in your case to insulin

Hahaha.
For a long time I don't go so.
She about to enter hyperosmolar and your recommending cucumber with lemon.
Lessmal that makes so much of this thread that surely is already solved.
Thank you for rejoiceing the day !!!

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
07/29/2019 7:42 a.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

@Ignasi_p, and the nopales ???
We demand the Government of Mexico to send us nopales containers for all!

solaria's profile photo
solaria
07/29/2019 3:51 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

My mother !!!!Nopales ?????:) :) :)
Excellent!Ignorant there are everywhere.

Seeing how the elders act around me, I am sure that this person is not putting any insulin even if he is scheduled.
I have two nearby cases without control, they eat what they want, above all sweet and do not put any insulin, but when they go to the doctor, they swore and guarantee that they diet and the insulin put religiously.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/01/2019 11:19 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia so you comment precisely I always say that we are very careAll this behind any screen in the world.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/01/2019 2:06 p.m.

@Sigsauer you are not reason.His is to consult with a doctor, anyway, each person has their own diabetes and what works for me, to another no or yes, according to.

What I have learned is that endocrine learn from us.I tell my endocrine how I have solved "X" and then she meets a patient in a similar state, she tells her my case, and thus, in the end it is like a moderate forum by a doctor.The theory is learned in the Faculty, like everyone else, but the experience is given by the consultation and the cases they deal with.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/02/2019 2:01 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.