{'en': '"Home" artificial pancreas (Openops)', 'es': 'Páncreas artificial "casero" (OpenAPS)'} Image

"Home" artificial pancreas (Openops)

hijodetroya's profile photo   06/11/2016 6:33 p.m.

Openops is a platform from which you are: it helps, guide, consult ... for those who want to create an artificial "homemade" pancreas.

Can anyone contribute more about this initiative?

I have known about it from a news that comes in the newspaper.es and the article talks about Gustavo Muñoz, a Mexican engineer, who has manufactured one.

Below I add the link, greetings.

Link

hijodetroya's profile photo
hijodetroya
06/11/2016 6:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Oysters, if the "cure" of diabetes has quickly advanced from one day to another, to read a while after the cell implant to be able to create my own artificial pancreas, in the end I love Bricomania.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/11/2016 7:06 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

luvi said:
oysters because it has quickly advanced the "cure" of diabetes from one day to another, to read a while after the cell implant a while to be able to create my own artificial pancreas, in the end I love Bricomania.

The beta cell implant is very old, when I debuted 22 years ago I called my diabetic cousin to tell me what it was to be diabetic and told me that she technically was no longer.He was transplanted by the kidney and took the opportunity to put beta cells with what he no longer had to puncture, or anything.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/11/2016 7:58 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41 and then where is the trick?

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/11/2016 11:24 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

The trick is that it needs to take immunosuppressants, the side effects and irrigation of taking them in principle are worse than those of well -carried diabetes.But as she takes them the same for the kidney because she loses anything and wins much.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/11/2016 11:57 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

We are going to kill flies to cannons or the chickens that come through those who leave.0 = 0

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/12/2016 12:07 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

I am very interested in the artificial diacreas DIY (do it yourself).Honestly, it seems more difficult for me to pay me a continuous glucose meter that, once you have it, create an "device" DIY.It is something that many people have already done and that works.If there is someone around here on this subject, I would like to exchange impressions.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
06/12/2016 12:39 a.m.

I would settle for a reliable, continuous and small sensor.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/12/2016 1:02 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Roar the news of the link does not give any truthful information, 4 lines of smoke, I have not read anything about the artificial pancreas, but it is with a continuous meter, it is still an insulin bomb managed by software that to theDetect glucose The meter that information will reach the pump and in turn will administer the necessary insulin.Speaking from ignorance it is clear.
@Regina many are the ones who complain and demand another step in at least technological advance to control diabetes.The MGCs are like a Ferrari, they cost expensive, their sensors too, let's not talk about the exact transmitter and to top it off, they are not either ergonomic in their disposal, sensor-transmitter-aparable, with long bombs the same happens somewhat.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/12/2016 8:30 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

The theme of the artificial pancreas project is very interesting but it is difficult to mount it.The problem is that an ancient Medtronic bomb is needed.Only with Medtronic Sntiguas bombs, they have been able to modify a basal remotely.The idea is that we have an MCG, a program that runs in a mini computer and a USB Carelink that communicates with the pump.From the glucose measures given by the MCG, the program is ordering automatically modifications to the pump basal.

The problem is that new bombs have that encrypted communication.That is, communication, for example, Medtronic 640g with Contour Next Link is encrypted and manufacturers do not provide the specification of this protocol to be able to assemble an artificial pancreas.

Medtronic wants us to wait and buy his future 670G bomb that will already do something like this with his own MCG.

On this website everything explained:
Link

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/12/2016 11:12 a.m.

Would a Medtronic Paradigm 754 be worth?

I want to build my artificial pancreas.My problem is that I still have no MCG, but I am in it.As soon as I have it, I will be headed to close the handle.There will be a lot to improve: size, to be bihamonal, accuracy of the measurement ... but the longest path begins with a small step.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
06/12/2016 11:24 p.m.

Here are the compatible pumps today:

Link

The 754 would be worth firmware 2.4a or lower.On that same website they explain Ckmo see the firmware version.You are lucky if you could ride it.At least at night you forget about the subject.The bolus part for meals remains the same.The current fast insulin is too slow to be able to act before meals.

I have 640g, there are many people working on the subject.Currently through the contour Next Link they are already able to read the information of the pump remotely (Nightcout of the 640g) but it cannot still send a temporary basal change remotely.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/13/2016 9:12 a.m.

I thought the same as the lord of artificial pancreas when I got into this world.I guess professional engineering deformation.

It is not as easy as it tells it and if you have noticed it looks like a robot with the frog full of devices.
Uncommon SW is relatively easy.He has had to generate source code to do the interface between the measurement and pump system.And also it does not always work, it has a large failure rate.

I do not know how the 607G pump works but to date no glucose meter is necessary and all have very high failure thresholds.Medtronic is risking a lot because not everyone will be suitable for this system and in case of severe hypos they risk important demands.

Hopefully some users tell us but I see that it will take time to see a system that really replaces the insulin function of the pancreas.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/13/2016 10:42 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I particularly do not finish being convinced with these issues.
MCG give glucose with a delay of 15 min.If we add that we must put the insulin for a while before starting to eat the peaks achieved would be impressive.
I do not see this viable until a reliable MCG comes out of 1000 x 1000 always and with real -time data, and that there is also an instant effect insulin.
For now neither by Asomo left my body in the hands of machines, to help us it is worth but I prefer to make them until the two circumstances exposed are given.
Not so much history and advertising of closed handle bombs, products are given to some products that I particularly do not see them viable to be able to carry well -controlled diabetes in some acceptable margins, another thing is that we of the same as we glucoseat high levels and then corrected.
First investigate the MCG real and snapshot data and then insulin, we are market economy.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/13/2016 11:41 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

It is a very personal decision, I do not consider it now because I do not have a compatible bomb.But if I had it, surely if I would ride it, at least to use it at night.You can leave the pot on the bedside table.

There are already 60-80 people using it with positive results.As I said previously only to maintain basal glucose, not for meal bowling.The current fast insulin is too slow and the software does not miracles.

The complexity of the software lies in the same one that you comment, in which the MCGs have a delay of 10-15 min and the insulin has its action peak at 60-90 min.But they already have a very achieved software and insist there are already dozens of people with the Openops with a positive result

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/13/2016 12:38 p.m.

Jconegar, everything you say is true, but he who does not risk does not win.It is clear that the first devices are going to be full of failures, but if something does not start, the perfect pancreas will never come to light.It's about taking steps in a specific direction.How much more steps are in that direction, the closer we will be from our dream :-)

Albertot, I've been looking at the firmware, and it seems to me that my bomb is not suitable for closing the handle :-(
On the page you passed me, where they specify the hardware that is needed, puts:

If “PC Connect” is present in This Menu, Your Pump is not compatible with Openops.

And, unfortunately, in the menu of my bomb the "PC Connect" appears :- Will I have to ask the Medtronic commercial to give me the right bomb (an older model)?

I do not like the idea that the artificial pancreas only serves for the night.At night I have everything solved with my bomb.What I want is not to think, stop being a slave, eat and what bomb and MCG communicate and not suffer hypos or hyper.It is worth having to continue calculating rations and putting the data in the pump, but once I do, I want to have "closed the handle" my glycemias are at stable levels, without hypos or hyper.That is my goal.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
06/13/2016 9:47 p.m.

@Roar Who assures or guarantees that this address is correct?The idea as such is good, others is that it is first practical, effective and economical.This is like that they give a stone and 4 wheels and tell him to manufacture a car.You have to go step by step and logically it does not depend or depends on the patient itself.UM MCG is needed, more reliable, less spectacular, simpler and less expensive, idem with the pumps and then would be a matter of software and sources codes to interact.We all crave the same dream.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/13/2016 10:17 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

roar said:
jconegar, everything you say is true, but the one that does not risk does not win.It is clear that the first devices are going to be full of failures, but if something does not start, the perfect pancreas will never come to light.It's about taking steps in a specific direction.How much more steps are in that direction, the closer we will be from our dream :-)

Albertot, I've been looking at the firmware, and it seems to me that my bomb is not suitable for closing the handle :-(
On the page you passed me, where they specify the hardware that is needed, puts:

If “PC Connect” is present in This Menu, Your Pump is not compatible with Openops.

And, unfortunately, in the menu of my bomb the "PC Connect" appears :- Will I have to ask the Medtronic commercial to give me the right bomb (an older model)?

I do not like the idea that the artificial pancreas only serves for the night.At night I have everything solved with my bomb.What I want is not to think, stop being a slave, eat and what bomb and MCG communicate and not suffer hypos or hyper.It is worth having to continue calculating rations and putting the data in the pump, but once I do, I want to have "closed the handle" my glycemias are at stable levels, without hypos or hyper.That is my goal.

I do not know if you can ask the commercial an old bomb ... I do not think they already market old models.There are some websites where they sell second -hand bombs but there are few, they are expensive, they are in the US and the transport of medical material is complicated ...

What is clear that still riding an artificial pancreas with the software that Openops boys are developing, as with the future Medtronic 670g, this will not be plugged in the pump and forget.It will always be necessary to be pending, the bowling of the meals will have to calculate them etc. etc. unfortunately

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/13/2016 11:43 p.m.

@roar and it would not be better to investigate what we commented?Because until they investigate that the rest I think it will not be very valid, it is a personal opinion of truth.
In order to continue advancing, MCG must be valid, reliable at the moment and insulin of instant action that in 30 years have only been able to pass from the regular to the Humalog.
We have the same PEN size as when they were invented.
When we have the MCG and the Insu, since they continue.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/14/2016 12:40 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hahahaha @jconegar "we have the same pen size" hahaha

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/14/2016 8:50 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.