{'en': 'United States', 'es': 'Vivir en Estados Unidos'} Image

United States

joselito's profile photo   12/24/2015 11:33 a.m.

@Solaria according to the prospect is only B12 (cyanocobalamine) 2000 mcg.
From the Solaray brand and I bought it online in Mifarma, although in Amazon it is also ...
I take it at my own risk, they "broke" some nails and read that it could be B12 deficit and I asked for that, I have been taking it for a few months.

anif's profile photo
anif
12/06/2019 11:20 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

@anif, thanks for the info.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
12/06/2019 11:42 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Thank you all for the info!
I had no idea that the sensors would give you with recipe there, it is an important fact.
Let's see how the thing is given and if in the end I encourage :)

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
12/07/2019 11:07 a.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

@"Niñaburbuja", for extreme urgency I asked several people in the USA to buy me Dexcom transmitter.There was no way.They demanded a gringo endocrine authorization.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
12/07/2019 11:34 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Fran_alcantara said:
good to all, my experience in America (I have gone 3 times, 2 to work and 1 on vacation) regarding diabetes, it has been good, that is, it has not beenABSOLUTE ANYTHING.

My staying stays (the 1st 3 months of lifeguard and the 2nd 2 months in a supermarket) have helped me a lot to realize that diabetes is no impediment for anything.

I still use the bolis, so for all the times I have gone, I have taken insulin, needles, lancet for a month more than I was going (4 and 3 months respectively).In Spain, if you go to the private doctor, and you tell him that you leave, give you a recipe so you can take out all the insulin at once.In the public, in my pharmacy they gave me all the tinglado for the 4 months with the condition that I left the health card in Spain, and when I touched me `` collecting '' the medications, some relative would go to said pharmacy with the code ofBars of the respective boxes and would give it to the pharmaceutical.

In the cases you have said, I would try to take all possible insulin (once almost an entire suitcase I had to carry for this, it is what there is).If you can't, your parents or a relative could get it here with your card and send it to you, or if they will visit you, take it.Stays of more than 5 months I have not had in any country, and the topic bombs and sensors do not control, but I suppose they could send it to you equally.Theme safe, those who hire did not include insulin, so for long stays it would make @joselito.It is the safest and reliable.

I hope my experience serves you.Greetings

Hello Fran, what a joy to read your experience in the United States.My 19 son with DB T1 goes this summer of lifeguard 3 months with Visa J1.And I walk like a headless chicken for all kinds of forums, Facebook etc, collecting information about medical insurance that includes pre -existing diseases, buying insulin there ..etc.I can't help putting myself in the worst ... Do you have information about this type of medical insurance?Thank you and a greeting

Lucia70's profile photo
Lucia70
03/18/2024 12:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am also interested in knowing more about medical insurance in the USA, for diabetics, which covers and not and the franchises that you have to pay.
Thanks in advance.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
03/18/2024 11:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.