{'en': 'On "the somogyi effect" or rebound effect', 'es': 'Sobre "El efecto Somogyi" o efecto rebote'} Image

On "the somogyi effect" or rebound effect

Miexron's profile photo   08/14/2016 8:20 p.m.

I have never seen that effect.
Continuous meters are demonstrating many things ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/05/2018 2:25 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have been using the freestyle and at night, it is very curious because before I go to sleep I am less than 100 and from 5-6h in the morning I start to raise my glucose and always wake up to more than 180. NoI know if it is the somogyi effect or not.
And there is even more, it is very difficult to correct this high blood glucose since it is slow to go down and I cannot have breakfast after an hour and a half at least .....

mrastra's profile photo
mrastra
01/08/2018 10:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

H

mrasra said:
and there is even more, it is very difficult to correct this high blood glucose since it is slow to go down and I cannot have breakfast after an hour and a half at least .....

It is also very difficult for me, if not impossible, to correct those climbs that I explained in my previous message.When I have those high glycemia, I put insulin more than enough to lower that amount of glucose and, after two hours of having eaten, I am equal or higher than before.

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
01/08/2018 11:53 p.m.

- 32 años. Diabético Tipo 1 desde los 9 años.
- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)
Humalog (según actividad, glucosa, comida...)
- Mediciones: Accu-chek aviva y Freestyle libre

It may be slow.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/09/2018 12:28 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

mrasra said:
I have been using the freestyle and at night, it is very curious because before going to sleep I am less than 100 and from 5-6h in the morningUpload the glucose and always wake up to more than 180. I don't know if it is the Somogyi effect or not.
And there is even more, it is very difficult to correct this high blood glucose since it is slow to go down and I cannot have breakfast after an hour and a half at least ...

This glycemia rise from 5.00 in the morning is clearly the "phenomenon of dawn" and is very complicated to avoid if you are with pen.I never managed to dominate it.Now, with insulin pump, I have it scheduled to have a higher basal in the section of 4.00 in the morning to 8.00 and I cover it perfectly, but with the Tresiba it was impossible.The (bad) solution was to put something quick at 5.00 and placate the climb, but forced to wake up all the days at that time ... and if you go up slow units to cover that phenomenon of dawn, you can have hypoglycemia the restof the day ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
01/09/2018 5:31 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

I have not noticed at the moment but I have not noticed very slow 6 or 7 hours that force me to use faster.If as some fat at dinner, I have a movidita night.

In the end with so much "effect" cstalogado I have the effect up to "the noses of files x".:)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/15/2018 9:05 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Celtui1974 said:
good to all. I tell what happened to me not long ago.
As every day I measure my glucose before dinner, the device says 109, perfect story the hydrates that I am going to have the corresponding novorapid and the three.
I measure again before going to sleep and the result was 148, and I think, I can go to bed quiet.
At midnight I wake up with a strange sensation, as if I had a hicc.I am perfect I remember thinking, I did not understand the reason for the strange sensations, but I did not give more importance and sleep.
The curious thing came in the morning when I measure myself as every morning and the result was 234.
Could it have been for him the rebound effect?
Or maybe what we had dinner for that night?

I may opt for the second, I intuit that there is some combination of food that passes to the blood much later than usual and when I say much later it has to be more than 6 hours after its intake, when the rapid no longer hasEffect and three is not enough.
What do you think?

Ton Abad Llusa's profile photo
Ton Abad Llusa
03/05/2018 8:22 p.m.

The situation that you comment frequently, and the truth is that I have not been able to find an effective solution for the morning increases to more than 200. At night before dinner I administer 5 uncompid, and before sleeping 10 una three of threeiba.Glycemia can be many days similar to those of the case you explain.My intuition (only this) leads me to think about two alternative hypotheses:
1.- Asparta insulin (Novorapid Flexpen) acts more rapid than the increase in glycemia produced by dinner.I say it why many times after about 20-30 min of low dinner below 50. This could cause a rebound that is manifested during the night with a maximum at dawn.The solution in this case would be to injure the novorapid a few minutes after dinner and not before.
2.- As you say, it could be that during the night there is an incorporation of carbohydrates of the dinner digestion that cease to be covered by the insulin novorapid from 5-6 hours, in this case the solution has toCome by increasing the dose, or giving a supplement at this time of the night.The other test that I will have to do is put the alarm clock 2 hours before the usual time and measure the blood glucose, if it is above 140 (approx.), Inject 2-3 ud of insulin as a complement.
I will do these tests, and if I confirm any of the hypotheses I will comment on the forum.

Ton Abad Llusa's profile photo
Ton Abad Llusa
03/05/2018 8:37 p.m.

Hello!I have exactly equally commented on the Threeiba thread.I've been correcting at 2.30-3h for some time when it starts to rise.But if I have just fat and hydrates, I even spend the night even a hiccup at 4h.Greetings

091975's profile photo
03/10/2018 9:40 a.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

The rebound effect does exist, I live it on each descent, and that it is stated that I punctuate me after uploading the glucose because I know it will happen to me but it seems that insulin does nothing in that case.I give you my example, it gave me a downturn at 6 (58), ate a normal breakfast (200 ml semi -naming dechae+ a slice of cereal bread with 30 gr. Of cheese from Burgos and 5 gr. Of sugarless jam), IClick the dose that I click on Apidra's breakfast (3 units.), At 10 in the morning I was at 301 and that I know that I am hypersensitive to the rapid.
My body is a box of surprises even for the endocrine.If someone explains it to me ... Thank you.

lulu72's profile photo
lulu72
03/11/2018 10:25 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.