{'en': 'On "the somogyi effect" or rebound effect', 'es': 'Sobre "El efecto Somogyi" o efecto rebote'} Image

On "the somogyi effect" or rebound effect

Miexron's profile photo   08/14/2016 8:20 p.m.

Well, I see in the forum that this topic has ever been talked about ("the somogyi effect" or rebound effect), but I have not found any post that tells several experiences or speak in depth on it.

Looking online I see that doctors question if this effect really exists, since they say that many of those who carry continuous measurement systems, when they have a night hypo and do not detect it, this effect is not given, and they get up withGlucose at low levels.

I was assaulted by these doubts because a few days ago I used to more just values ​​of what I usually do (122 just before sleep), and having given a small walk (a rise of a slightly prolonged slope to reach the car) about 15 minutes beforeof that measurement.

The thing is that I was late home and slept like a trunk, but when I woke up at my time, I woke up with a lot of headache and the legs sleepy with little force, such as when you are very low glucose.

That is why I thought that the measure of before breakfast would give me very low, and I went quickly to do it, but my surprise was that it was 125.

I had never happened to give me a higher measure than I usedAs some say that they are not clear about their existence, I already stayed with doubts ... could the alba effect be?Can you give this only one day random and not always?

It would be good to know some opinions/experiences of which you carry sensors and also of those that do not clear, how you get up when it happens to you, if it happens to you, what measures do you take not to get to that, if you can stay dry in such a situation if ifTo your liver does not give you react ... and in short, a little of everything that occurs to you on the subject, without going much as a mother, hehe!

Thanks and greetings!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
08/14/2016 8:20 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

122 and 125?They are exact
You are very well controlled
That rebound effect could be 50 to 250, but I have never seen it, although they say it does exist ... the nocturnal hypos were very frequent with the insulins before, but the symptoms usually wake up and just haveA juice on the table
With the new basal insulins they are not so cold, if they are well adjusted.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/14/2016 8:47 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I suppose that I got off at night and then it went up because normally low at night (I go to 150 and get up in 90 for example).And I assumed that it is not possible that nothing went down at night, it has never happened to me either ... well because of that and because of the headache and little strength in the legs, but I am new in all this so that if you tell meThat can keep without changes all night, because another thing I learn haha!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
08/14/2016 8:55 p.m.

Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

Well, maybe you had a hypo that was solved alone .., this is nothing mathematical ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/14/2016 9:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, if possible, after all, that would be the rebound effect even if the result was not very high?
Even so, leaving aside the "diagnosis" of my experience hehe, I would like to know opinions and experiences about the effect, as I commented on the post.Already for knowing and curiosity.

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
08/14/2016 10:46 p.m.

@MiexRom t I tell my experience, or rather that of my daughter, always starting from the beginning of that there are as many diabetes as people, and this applies to all kinds of effects, rebounds, answers, etc ...
Throughout 14 years of diabetes I have never clearly seen any Somogy effect.If you have had after correcting strong hypoglycemia, a rebound, that is, blood glucose has risen more than what in principle could be expected by the rapid hydrates you have taken to overcome it.
The nights for me have been swampy terrain, each one has an experience and an answer, but without pretending to scare anyone, hypoglycemia can be suffered during sleep and not wake up with the symptomatology and lucidity necessary to self -abolition it.My daughter, from two years to the 16 that she has now, the hypoglycemia during the dream have made her directly convulsed, very ugly clonic tonic seizures that required glucagon and several of them income.This happened with NPH, but also with Lantus and with Levemir.If you have not had more serious episodes, it has been to perform glycemia at night and in the case of hypoglycemia arouse it to give juice, gel or cocacola.The low values ​​do not wake her sweaty or trembling, she sleeps like an ceiling.Now with the pump has enough less hypos PQ carries an adjusted basal for hours that is doing well, but still has some nighttime time and either awakens the symptoms, I assure you.This is why in my opinion the MCG with alarms should be available to anyone who needed it, it has to be a very large security, knowing that below a certain value the device whistles, or vibrates, or sings the jota or whatbe it, and t wake up before the thing gets ugly.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/15/2016 12:17 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Loating with 125 is not rebounding effect.When you get up high (more than 200) it can be, for this you have to look at glycemia in the middle of the night.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/15/2016 9:07 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks @Ainhoa ​​for sharing your experiences!For now I only had a nocturnal hypo (that I noticed) and if I woke up with sweat and others.So even something discouraging, all the info is always well possible.The days of the hypos were your very fair daughter of glycemia to sleep?Or did it happen a little randomly?
I am quite afraid of this issue since I live alone, and lately my partner stays to sleep ... but he has the dream very deep, I think a meteorite falls and does not know hehehe.

Ok @anaisabel then if your body solves a hiccup by itself but you don't end with a result above 200 can't be called rebound, right?Is this normal then this?(To be resolved and stay in decent values)

Thank you!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
08/15/2016 9:52 a.m.

If you get up, look at the glycemia in the middle of the night to know if that climb is for a hiccup.
If you get up at 125, I don't know where you see the inconvenience.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/15/2016 10:32 a.m.

@Anaisabel is not that I see inconvenient as such, it is simply as I commented before, that I found it weird that I lying to 122 I woke up to 125, when I usually get off a lot at night.In addition to the symptoms I had when I got up, which I have already commented, and that they coincide with what I have read with having a nocturnal hypo.But I already say that I am more interested in the experiences on the subject than something else, I added the mine only as anecdote because it was what made me look for the rebound effect, I thought it could be interesting to share the experiences and discuss TB about it, and itsexistence or not ...

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
08/15/2016 10:42 a.m.

@miexrom That is the problem, if the hypos are limited to appear when you have exercised more account or are with fair blood glucose before dinner, they could be prevented with relative ease, reducing insulin, taking supplements before dicing ....Doctors generally think that it works like this and that everything has an easy explanation of finding.But this is that capricious and there have been many inexplicable hypoglycemia.In some of them, D when I used bolis, the cause was perhaps an irregular absorption of insulin, with the pump the infusion occurs in the same place for days and the effect is more regular and predictable, with boli you can prick in a noduleOf fat, or in a capillary, or staying the insulin enquistada and later freeing itself, it is more erratic .... other hypoglycemia I will never know or know the cause.Iker Jiménez should dedicate a program to diabetes hehehe.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/15/2016 10:58 a.m.

DT 3

I correct, it means fair glycemia after dinner, that is to bed before.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/15/2016 11:04 a.m.

DT 3

Thank you for the @Ainhoa ​​answer, then, what I listen most lately is that mathematics do not exist with diabetes, although they give us mathematical guidelines to control it hehe.I hope Iker had the answers!Ha ha.
Well I will touch wood and see how the nights are going!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
08/15/2016 7:45 p.m.

I think how the companion @ainhoa ​​the effects bounce to me only gave me when I was eating, that this happened before I had the MCG when the downturn was already championship, now with the MCG with alarms it does not happen to me.The issue is that when we have a hiccup among them I did it too, we began to eat and we did not stop until we were well, and of course that happens.
If with a hicc as we take the right depending on whether it is at night, if there is insulin of a bolus, I think there would be much less rebounds.But in this each one is a world and nothing is the same.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/16/2016 12:50 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thanks for the @jconegar answer, it seems to win myth in front of haha.Let's see if more people are encouraged to comment, greetings!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
08/16/2016 11:47 p.m.

Hello.
I have a question about this subject.If we believe that this effect has happened to us, how should we act when putting insulin?I explain myself, some nights happen to me that I am with a hyperglycemia that comes from lunch bouncing (after eating, there are days that, I take a while and I may at that time happen to me, without realizing it. That's what I think).So, the dose of insulin, would it be the normal in case of hyperglycemia or should it act differently?I ask why the days I think I had this rebound effect, after putting the insulin at night I can kiss the dose well to be at normal levels before sleeping.
Thank you so much.

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
12/28/2017 8:50 p.m.

- 32 años. Diabético Tipo 1 desde los 9 años.
- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)
Humalog (según actividad, glucosa, comida...)
- Mediciones: Accu-chek aviva y Freestyle libre

As doctors say, since continuous meters came out it has been proven that there is no rebound effect.The case can end the effect of rapid insulin and the basal is insufficient to control the glucose rise if there are still hydrates to digest.But if there is hypo, the empty and insulin stomach acting, the rebound is impossible.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/28/2017 9:42 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Miexron I am a 5 -year -old Mom of Tomás, a little less than a year ago with Lantus and Lispro, Use Iport and for two months McG.Three days ago Breakfast as always, applied insulin as always and began to fly, my son X first time he fell asleep, as exhausted, I spent hours to overcome the hypo, in this case I found no explanation, although we believe we do the same thing we do the sameIt seems that there are many factors that we do not know and x there are no thing we cannot handle and make almost nothing in life with díbetes is 2+2.The rebound effect that in my short experience I lived is after tracing a hip x fear we give more CH and then the glycemia rises that flies!My experience and learning!And I think that lying with 120 and getting up with 150 is the same, do not forget the variability of the glucometer, different if you go to bed with 150 and dawn with 250, on more than one occasion, there would have been to climb the slow one.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
12/29/2017 3:34 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

That was going to say, this effect does not exist.It is just what @"sherpa41" says

JPR's profile photo
JPR
12/29/2017 8:47 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Good to all. I tell you what happened to me not long ago.
As every day I measure my glucose before dinner, the device says 109, perfect story the hydrates that I am going to have the corresponding novorapid and the three.
I measure again before going to sleep and the result was 148, and I think, I can go to bed quiet.
At midnight I wake up with a strange sensation, as if I had a hicc.I am perfect I remember thinking, I did not understand the reason for the strange sensations, but I did not give more importance and sleep.
The curious thing came in the morning when I measure myself as every morning and the result was 234.
Could it have been for him the rebound effect?
Or maybe what we had dinner for that night?

I may opt for the second, I intuit that there is some combination of food that passes to the blood much later than usual and when I say much later it has to be more than 6 hours after its intake, when the rapid no longer hasEffect and three is not enough.
What do you think?

Celtui1974's profile photo
Celtui1974
01/05/2018 12:20 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.