Hello everyone, new mother with 10 -year -old type 1

Patipol's profile photo   11/13/2015 10:41 p.m.

Hello everyone, I am type III diabetics.My 10 -year -old son debuted as type 1 diabetic two days ago.It is great to have forums like this.I will follow.

Patipol's profile photo
Patipol
11/13/2015 10:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome, you know asks everything you have no doubt at all.And to that little DT1 what the champion is needed and that diabetes stops nothing.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/13/2015 11:45 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Welcome!What treatment have you put?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/13/2015 11:48 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome!!!!

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/14/2015 8:17 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Thanks, I'll do so.We are still in the hospital but according to I have seen novorapid for the day and Lantus at night.I think the next week we will be at home.

Patipol's profile photo
Patipol
11/14/2015 8:40 a.m.

You can advise me, if when you return home, it is better to stay at home or do we better start the school on the same day or the next?Thank you

Patipol's profile photo
Patipol
11/14/2015 8:43 a.m.

@Patipol, when they discharged my daughter, there were 3 days of school, two were an excursion and one had a visit with her endo, so she did not return.If I had to return to class, I suppose it would have gone, yes, being in continuous contact with the school, because at least I was quite scared, but first of all you have to return when before to the "normality", although it does not gobe like before.My daughter a week returned with her training and her first career after diagnosis, with great fear, but we had to try to return to normal and overcome fear.
My daughter 5 months ago of her diagnosis, and about 3 weeks ago she had her first excursion and out of fear she didn't want to go.It all depends on you, and yes, he speaks first of everything with his teachers, informal of what they should do and leaves the whole school, glucagon, to overcome a hypo ..... in my daughter's school they have even an even oneGlucometer, the puncture and reactive strips in case you are forgotten at home.And if the school does not have Nursing@ tries to have any prophe commit to puncturing the glucagon if necessary and everyone knows who it is.We apart from the meeting were all in writing to both his tutor and his teacher of Physical Education.
Like many things you already know them, but how I understand you perfectly and I know what you are happening ..... so forgive the roll.
Any questions or advice you need, do not hesitate to ask, here are many parents, both diagnostic and veterans who can help you a lot.Much encouragement !!!

RocioLlinares
11/14/2015 10 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Hi Rocio Llinares, I appreciate your help and I understand you in everything and especially in fear.My son is apatural, withdrawn, he doesn't want to socialize and the question of: "Cure me?".Hard experience for all of us.
A lot of patience and time.Thank you

Patipol's profile photo
Patipol
11/14/2015 10:22 a.m.

Tell him yes, that he will be cured, that you do not know when, but that he is being investigated a lot.
You have to start with a lot of courage and hope.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/14/2015 2:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks for your advice.

Patipol's profile photo
Patipol
11/14/2015 2:15 p.m.

Regina is right, and let him know that he is not only in this fight and that you will always be by his side.
Today the World Diabetes Day is celebrated, and for my daughter it has been very important that her classmates were yesterday with her in reading a manifesto and that today her family and friends will be next to her when the facade is turned onof the City Council.In this age to see that they are not alone is very important.

RocioLlinares
11/14/2015 2:17 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

patipol said:
hello to all, I am type III diabetics.My 10 -year -old son debuted as type 1 diabetic two days ago.It is great to have forums like this.I will follow.

ani's profile photo
ani
11/14/2015 7:31 p.m.

Hello Patipol and welcome to this forum !!!Sad reality but we already understand that ........... from the beginning, you must advise your son to take "'" the bull for the antles "" because that gesture will be very useful, since you are notYou diabetics but the same who must face all the responsibility that this sweet disease requires all diabetics, I start with 15anos and now I have more than 53 years of diabètes !!!!:)) Ani

ani's profile photo
ani
11/14/2015 7:46 p.m.

The parents are and will always be by their side for whatever necessary but the effort with all firmness and constancy is only oneself and never abandon the battle !!!We are warriors who leave for war all the blankets !!!!Tell us how you are doing with the medical advice and here we will all help you with the great heart and experiences already lived ............... Ani

ani's profile photo
ani
11/14/2015 8:19 p.m.

Hello @patipol !!My son Iago debuted at the same age as yours, with 10 newly fulfilled and just two weeks after the school began.The endocrine recommended one day at home and school to normal, and I think it was the best.The first day at home was hard because I thought I didn't have to eat as in the hospital and overwhelm a little.We also feel a bit overwhelmed because it was like bringing a baby home (as promergos parents) and you don't know very well if you do it right or wrong.For our fate your endocrine leaves us to your mobile number for any doubt or problem.
Now we battle with adolescence, but everything is going well.Iago told me that when I was 20 years old there would be a cure for diabetes and we hope this is true ^:) ^
Here we are for what you need and above all you will find a lot of support and understanding: -H

Enma's profile photo
Enma
11/16/2015 11:16 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Welcome, @patipol

A lot of strength and courage for you and the little one.

pike's profile photo
pike
11/16/2015 11:53 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

Welcome to the @patipol forum here you have us to help in what we can, do not forget to take a walk on the subject of parents, I copy the link: Link

A kiss for you and another for pol!:-*

fer's profile photo
fer
11/16/2015 6:42 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello again @patipol, I copy here another link that is one of the master pieces of the forum, it is a very complete chuleary to quickly catch up with what is necessary on type 1 diabetes, it has no waste.

Action Guides - Fast Chulear
Link

Greetings,
@Fer

fer's profile photo
fer
11/16/2015 6:47 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Patipol
Welcome to the forum.I believe that there are many phases in this diabetes, and I do not mean glymic controls, but to the way of living the disease.I am 40 years old and I remember perfectly the whole moment of the day when I had seven.It is normal to be afraid and a mourning period that I believe personally does not disappear ever, but human beings adapt better than we believe.
From my experience, which has been the opposite, I think it is very important that as many parents of this forum, "naturalize" as much as possible the situation and remember that the diabetic is the, and he has to face the disease and above allto the ignorance of the people you will find every day.Control and responsibility and also hope, here are many who live very full and happy lives, although we do not neglect it with difficult moments

Ele's profile photo
Ele
11/16/2015 10:02 p.m.

Giving encouragement and patience, diabetes can be carried out normally, giving fair importance because you cannot forget that he is a child and has to do what children do.
Ask what you need, here is responded quickly and also many of us have more than 20 years of experience.
In a few months you will see everything easier, do not worry that you can do the same things with diabetes as without it.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
11/17/2015 10:10 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.