Insulin resistance

Leticia21's profile photo   08/29/2016 10:35 a.m.

Surely this topic is discussed but I raise my question.
How often they correct to lower those days or moments of resistance.For example yesterday Cene with 114, salad with 2 portions of bread and turkey breast (not that it normally ceases, there are no excess fats say).I put a unity less because I had been walking 1hora in the afternoon and my pp gave me 174. I did nothing but already at 5 hours of having eaten and punctured (1:00) I had 190 and I put a unit and at 4The morning 217, according to the freestyle the glucose changing slowly but there was no descent in the graph like that the insulin was acting so inject 1 more unit.
Dawn at 8.30 with 198 ...
: ((Come on that insulin has not done anything to me. My fear is whether I will do any effect or that insulin is not on my body.
I wanted to have breakfast and put on 2 units (without applying correction by the 198 level thinking that with the insulin of the 4 something of effect would have) now after an hour is when it is starting to go down and very quickly according to the free freestyle ...
What would have to have had breakfast with 198 without waiting or not having punctured?
What a roll ...

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
08/29/2016 10:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

When are you in 200 with insulin resistance you don't eat or how do they?

Leticia21
08/29/2016 10:48 a.m.

@Leticia21, the resistances are a cross that appears from time to time, my daughter now also has resistors in the afternoon and we are going back on the paco sack ... when it is high before a meal and there is resistance, correct above, toSometimes quite above your FSI and wait until you reach rank.He puts the bolus of the food, which subtracts the active correction and already eats.If you start eating being high, it costs you much more to start.
From the insulin of the 4, at half past 8 to my daughter at least she would no longer have a trace.
A hug!!

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/29/2016 12:04 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

When you talk about insulin resistance I have never understood.The human body is complex and for example if I look at four o'clock and I put a unit and at 7h.I am the same I never think that I have insulin resistance simply that my liver takes glucose or know why it is.By HC ration I do not put the same at breakfast, food and dinner because I need different doses.If I lift 200, the same as if I lift 100, of course with more insulin.I don't wait for breakfast, so what?I also do not have time to be waiting.
Surely to read this you think what happened.I do not happen at all, but I am not going to lift 20 times at night.The day is long and would end with me.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/29/2016 1:43 p.m.

@Anaisabel I assure you that resistance are like meigas, having them.These are moments, hours, days, circumstances in which by hormonal factors or for you to know that insulin loses effectiveness, it is as if it acted less, as if the body itself opposed "resistance" to do its function of the form of the form of the formusual, maintaining the same rhythm and activity as other times and not relating it to the type of food etc.The variation of the ratios at food breakfast etc is independent, the most common is to have different sensitivity and ratios throughout the day, but when I speak of resistances, at least I, I mean something out of the usual.To my daughter I usually raise the basal, sometimes a lot, precisely to try to prevent the climb and not be correcting all the folding day.The wait before eating is something personal, each one adapts to their times and at their pace of digestion, if there is slow empty of stomach etc.In my daughter I clearly check that waiting 15 min avoiding peaks or softens them a lot.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/29/2016 2:04 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

@Ainhoa ​​totally agree, there are them !!Because either no ?? ... no idea, hormones, nerves ... etc but there are days that insulin looks like water.
@Leticia21 I just as they told you, I try to increase basal, at least although it is high the figures are lower and I also avoid passing by correcting several times in a row and possible rebounds.
On whether insulin remains activated, if it is fast, it counts that it lasts 3h, after that time the basal continues to take effect, but that fast is little.
The food is high what I do is that I put insulin before, both to correct and for the bolus of food, instead of waiting just to put it on.But this like all each body acts in a way and it is a matter that you find what could go better to you.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
08/29/2016 3:20 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

This is an issue that is often talked about.As the companions say, I think there is what we call insulin resistance.Not long ago I had a non -pleasant episode.Thanks to the MCG I could verify that only the insulin was capable of stopping the climb but did not go down.
Why?There will be thousands of reasons, sometimes this escapes our hands.
I prefer to get out of a descent (I do not say hiccup because I try not to let it arrive) that I can control with the Dexcom before a climb if I see that insulin does not take effect.
There are many factors that influence us, whatever it is, because the liver secretes more glucose or for whatever, as they have commented is like water that we are injected with fear of moving from thread in the dose.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/29/2016 3:37 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I didn't expect to wait before, I punctured more units and ate ... but true that then it takes me more to go down.Now I am clicking and waiting for him to go down a little to eat ... but it is a little roll ... for example on Sunday ate outside and in what we expected table I had 150 and changing slowly and I thought I did not punish me because maybe this afternoon andThen he got off ... my click 20 minutes later, which we were already sitting, and I had 180 ...: ((I click me and at the moment they brought the food ... but I didn't want to eat waiting for me to get off ...And my family did not want to start waiting for me ... Nothing in the end ate and I at 20 min because I didn't go down.
Regarding the liver, I don't know what to say.Only I was with Tresiba since May and putting it at any time of the day every night at 4/5 in the morning, but nailed every night the same, lying with PP of 90 and everything.
I have 2 days with Toujeo and at night more of the same.It will be my liver as you say that every night at that time does that?I don't know what to think or what to do and my endocrine that I didn't see it so bad .... -s> :)

Leticia21
08/30/2016 1:35 a.m.

Take the toujeo, unity unity until you wake up well.
For the day, you can lower the rapid

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/30/2016 2:45 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Are you going to eat and everyone is aware of you, @Leticia21 ??I would never do that, if I go out there I do it with all the consequences.I don't like to change anyone's plans.I don't understand why you can't start eating 180. Even if it's your way of acting (each one is a world) Can't you make the exception?I assure you that nothing happens and you want in peace of mind.
As you know it happens to me like you at night.The doctor does not say what can I do.And I ended my ideas.

Anaisabel
08/30/2016 9:05 a.m.

@Anaisabel I also run out of ideas.Last night the PP 139, then at 3.30 it was 140 ... that is, it was maintained and at 6.30 in the morning 193: ((:-/ And just the toujeo I am puncturing it at 21.00 ... it is not that IClick in the morning and we can say that at 6.30 in the morning that climb is because the effect is over ... I don't know what devils happen.
@Regina I am doing ... Toujeo climb ... yesterday I put on 17 units ... Well the first two days I put me 16 ... let's see what's up

Leticia21
08/30/2016 9:54 a.m.

@Anaisabel @Leticia21 This also happened to you when you were with Lantus or is it only with threeiba or toujeo ...?I say it because I also give me inexplicable climbs (at other times) it has something to do ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/31/2016 11:08 p.m.

@sigsauer to me with threeiba I spent during the 4 months that I was with her and with Toujeo I took from the Saturday and more of the same ... At 4 in the morning he starts up and climbing and if I do not put some fastAmanesco with more than 200 and there are even days that even correcting me awake, I wake up with 190 ...
I don't know if it will be the alba phase or whatever it is called ... but I've been like this for months and I don't know what to do and they don't give me any solution

Leticia21
08/31/2016 11:50 p.m.

@Leticia21 Yes, I asked you if previously with Lantus, Levemir etc etc

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/01/2016 8:37 a.m.

@sigsauer, with Lantus also passed: -s

Anaisabel
09/01/2016 9:01 a.m.

@Sigsauer also tended to go up at night, but not so much ... true that I also had more night hypos ... but this of dawn every day, not at all

Leticia21
09/01/2016 9:31 a.m.

@Leticia21, if you don't have hypos at night you have the effect of dawn.The same thing happens to me with Lantus punctured in food or with toujeo punctured at night.If I have half of hydrates, I usually lift me well although sometimes it doesn't work either.For me the solution is the pump and put a higher basal at dawn

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/01/2016 10:34 a.m.

@joseludi !!!!Big!!!!!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/01/2016 4:30 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:
@Joseludi !!!!Big !!!!!!

Coñe, @jconegar, with this effusive answer it seems that you have won the Sahara marathon, I have only answered what I think is the cause: D

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/01/2016 6:33 p.m.

Well, I have insulin resistance on ovulation days.... as if putting water.3 days in which I am about 200. Today I have commented to the endo and explained that it is normal and that I do not worry the more or less controlled it.
Then he explained to me the resistance that I have every day in the morning until 11. For hormones that we segregate when we get up and shout the insulin several hours, until noon.
I no longer double dose as before because they give me large declines after 200 and ... of breakfast.Now I have climbs at 3 in the morning... because if and there I stay and even without almost dinner.

In any case this is a cross....

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/01/2016 8:15 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.