Sick

angelaruiz's profile photo   08/29/2016 2:13 p.m.

Hello, I have been with vomiting and diarrrhea for a week, I thought it was the beginning of a job x the nerves but myself of a hasty strip and I got ketones in urine, and I had to go directly to the hospital I almost stayed admitted by the results of the results ofThe gasometry is wrong, after a while I have repeated and well what is it measuring a gas fuestria?And I had to leave the job my health is the most important thing before any other cos to which I am very young I hope you can help me in case someone missed it. Thank you very much

angelaruiz's profile photo
angelaruiz
08/29/2016 2:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Gasometnia measures oxygen.For having Celones looked at your oxygen?Why haven't you asked why that test?
If you were bad, it is normal for you not to work.Recove and Curro :)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/29/2016 2:25 p.m.

@Angelaruiz, if the ketones are very high corresponding risk of acidosis, that is very dangerous, in Gasometry T measure pH and bicarbonate, to assess the degree of acidity.My daughter had two strong compensation with ketoacidosis, the first clearing of the debut, the second with seven years for a horse gastroenteritis.On both occasions arterial gas, I don't want to remember it.Recove and take care of yourself.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/29/2016 2:31 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

How much you learn here :)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/29/2016 2:34 p.m.

From what level of ketones do you start developing ketoacidosis ???It is something that worries me a lot, very rarely I have it light, and a couple of times a year, intense ketone, but I correct it in a day and a half approx with insulin, citrus and hydration
Improve @Angelaruiz

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
08/29/2016 3:03 p.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

@Marcos_J_m I don't know the reactive strip to leave two or three crosses and already had symptoms of vomiting and discomfort not and almost eaten in a week

angelaruiz's profile photo
angelaruiz
08/29/2016 3:08 p.m.

@Marcos_J_M, more than three (80 mg in blood, equivalent to three urine crosses) is already very fucking.Between one and two there is a quick remedy.I attach the famous tables of fellow @jconegar

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/29/2016 3:32 p.m.

DT 3

@Marcos_J_M I can assure you that when you are reaching 1 at the meter you will find yourself so bad that you will realize.
A ketosis that costs you to correct it one day is not normal.Look at the guidelines that Ainhoa ​​has put.
Cetosis does not have to give only high glycemia values, due to poor diet and sports can also give you.
Cheer up and keep fighting to try to lead a life as normal as possible in how complicated it is.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/29/2016 3:43 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

What strips do you use to measure the ketone?
Those that I have at home only give me slight, positive and positive strong values, that urinas and gets purple hahaha, because I was vomiting a couple of days and with the high figures, and of course, the ketosis was there a couple of daysGoing down strong to light, should I have gone to the hospital ???

Marcos_J_M
08/29/2016 5:29 p.m.

Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

@jconegar what do you mean by reaching 1 at the meter?
If I know that a diet restricted in carbohydrates is the trigger, so there is no problem, although it is true that sometimes in the gym I am tired and gives me a brutal abdominal pain, and I do not want to walk.I will have to look at it.What kind of exercise do you usually trigger cetosis?To get an idea.

PS: I have left you a private

Marcos_J_M
08/29/2016 5:35 p.m.

Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

@Marcos_J_M, if in the end they give you the pump they will also give you the device to measure the ketones in blood, my daughter who uses that it is optium ... I do not agree now, the truth ... with the free can also be measuredketones with the indicated strips.My personal opinion is that existing blood ketones meters is a delay that continues to give urine strips.They do PQ are expensive, but in blood you detect and stuck much earlier.Ask for him by having a lot of sport, that you are a prone ... The truth is that it gives you peace of mind.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/29/2016 5:39 p.m.

DT 3

@Ainhoa ​​goes ... Well this October I'm going to go crazy to my endocrine hahaha

Marcos_J_M
08/29/2016 6:21 p.m.

Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Before my diet was not adequate when I started with the sport.He gave me twice in two training of many hours and in summer with high temperatures.Never before me I was talking about a 7 h training and one of 8 h 30. And now it has given me in another but it has not been for food, although it was also something not easy.
If you put on the pump, you will sure

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/29/2016 6:38 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

angelaruiz said:
I have been with vomiting and diarrhea for a week was the beginning of a job x the nerves but IK Go directly to the hospital I almost got admitted to the results of the gasometry before, after a while it is repeated and well k is it measuring a gasometry?And I had to leave the work my health is the most important thing before any other cos to which I am very young I hope you can help me in case someone passed thank you very much

Vomiting cause dehydration, and lack of hydrates.Cetoacidosis can come from high glucose in prolonged time, or or due to lack of water and hydrates (lack of sugar), which cause vomiting.
If the pH of the blood changes (acidity) is dangerous and should be reverberated immediately, so the gasometry.Basically it occurs with high ketones for a more or less prolonged space.
In short, your metabolic system stops working properly.
You must try to take hydrates (and increase insulin if necessary).
As @ainhoa ​​says, better measure in blood.Whoever has the freestyle also has this possibility.But there are others ...
Good luck in your new job!

mogi's profile photo
mogi
08/30/2016 8:37 a.m.

A question can you enter ketoacidosis due to vomiting even if the glucose is good?
My daughter has had serious gastroenteritis, but what worried me was hypoglycemia ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/30/2016 9:39 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@regina Cetosis is not only because of high blood glucose as the companions tell you, you can have very good levels and enter cetosis.Many people think it is only for high values ​​but it is not so.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/30/2016 10:14 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Well, in 17 years I have never looked at my ketone levels.I have always believed that they happened when you spent long periods of time with hyperglycemia, but I see that it is not only for that.
I recognize that I am an authentic ignorant in terms of ketoacidosis, but luckily I have never had symptoms similar to those you describe.I want to think what I have not had 8- |
My endocrine never asks me if I have had episodes of ketoacidosis and my nurse has never given me reactive strips for urine.Should they ask them ??The truth is that with the free I go less for strips and needles, but it is appropriate to have the strips for the ketones next time I ask them fixed.

So read here it seems that ketosis can give you for long hyperglycemia and also for dehydration united in the absence of hydrates.Are there more cases ???

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
08/30/2016 1:30 p.m.

If @nachemi for stress has come to give me, a brutal stress everything is said, and well, for an intense exercise too

Marcos_J_M
08/30/2016 2:51 p.m.

Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Can you comment a little the symptoms of a mild ketosis?

Lately a few days I have felt shit for no apparent reason after several days of hard sport, to see if it has ever given me and I have not looked at it.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/31/2016 1:54 a.m.

Uuuf ... is so weird, any normal person, with a little heat, or sport feels heat, or tired or tired, to us any sensation, we associate it with blood glucose, and is complicated to decipher, sometimes it is just that, heat, tiredness, not having eaten well, but of course, with the glycemic oscillations we suffer and the load we carry because this is a circus.Anyway, that for a mild ketosis you do not have to worry, when you find yourself after exercise, capillary measurement, and muscle recovery, and if you need any insulin guideline then you put it and ready.

Marcos_J_M
08/31/2016 5:54 p.m.

Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.