{'en': 'Novata with Dexcom', 'es': 'Novata con dexcom'} Image

Novata with Dexcom

Veronica14's profile photo   11/30/2015 11:50 p.m.

Hello,

Today I received the Dexcom G4, I will put it tomorrow and I have enough doubts.

Arm or abdomen?

I am 12h sitting and I think that the gut is more likely to take off, but on the other hand I think that the arm does not measure well ... silly doubts ...

Hurts?Will I be able to put it on?I am not afraid not to be able and load a sensor with what is worth ...

Bothers?

Thank you!

Veronica14's profile photo
Veronica14
11/30/2015 11:50 p.m.

DM1 desde el 21/09/2015
NovoRapid y Lantus

@Veronica14 in the arm is where I have lasted the most.Without a doubt I would go to the arm.You can also try first one in the belly and then test another in the arm to see where it lasts more.To me in my arm the average is that it lasts about 4 weeks.Able to make it clear that yes.
Watch the video I upload about how to put it on the arm and where.I have sent you a private message read it.It does not hurt anything absolutely it shows less than a needle of a PEN, that if it introduces the embolo quickly and it shows much less.
It doesn't bother anything.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/30/2015 11:58 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I saw your video at the time and it seems easy, but now having it in front of it ... hehe doubts a thousand.Thank you

Veronica14
12/01/2015 12:04 a.m.

DM1 desde el 21/09/2015
NovoRapid y Lantus

The first would put it in the belly that is easier the first time and you see the duration.I don't know if the companions will think like me.
This is the video of putting it on the arm, as a partner Joseamm told me in the video I did not mention a couple of important issues since I recorded it thinking of people who had already put it several times.The first thing the spadrap emphasizes it a bit usually crooked.And then be careful pushes the embolus without pulling the eyelashes up, fix the video first under the embolo and then upload the eyelashes.
Link
In this other video I speak of some adhesive wipes that are the Skin Tac to secure the patch, first to see how you are going to decide, especially in summer and if you do a lot of sport they will do very well.
Link

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/01/2015 12:06 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

@Veronica14, I would put it directly on my arm, I also spent a lotI sat forward I bothered me with the pants belt.
The Embolo is that you push him at all without touch

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/01/2015 12:56 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thank you very much, this afternoon when I arrive from curing I will put myself into the mess.On the one hand I thought about the gut for that, being the first time it seemed easier for me, but effectively being sitting all day throws me back.I think I will put it in my arm, and being the first one I will let my boy put it that will be easier than me alone.

Veronica14
12/01/2015 6 a.m.

DM1 desde el 21/09/2015
NovoRapid y Lantus

@Jconegar very good the video of the wipes, you were made, it looked like the program of the Bricomania TV, Ja, Ja .. = D>
I use an adhesive liquid from Skin Tac that comes a bottle with the liquid with a kind of tiny brush to put on the liquid where you want, just a little more comfortable than the wipes ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/01/2015 1:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@sigsauer, I've seen him on eBay, but he is worth one by pasta, right?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/01/2015 1:37 p.m.

If the liquid is better cleaner but I still have the same box as they last so long.Thanks

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/01/2015 1:48 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Yes, one per month ... it gives you for a few years ..., heh !!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/01/2015 1:51 p.m.

I asked for it on Amazon.I already commented here that at Amazon it cost 14 dollars and in Amazon Europe € 48 but then it took me to arrive (more than 22 days) I am almost certain that they sent it to me from the USA so I calculated that they were all expenses ofshipment..
Anyway I believe that the boat that is of medium size will last me a few years if I do not expire before for what I am seeing that absorbs the brush and how little the boat decreases ..

Of course very well explained by Jconegar !!.Let dry a little before hitting, the first day I hit my finger to the sensor and I almost took it with my finger .. in the end, the ride !!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/01/2015 1:53 p.m.

Like the Loke, :)) :)) :))

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/01/2015 2:09 p.m.

Here we are here to help us !!!!Come on, neither in private health attend you as in Diabetesforo hahaha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/01/2015 2:24 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

I believe that the locite hits less, at least the one I buy in the Chinese: D

I carry little but I am learning a porrón of things ..
We only need to start making our own "alternative" meters to see the glycemia in the clock and without receiver as it has artories and patent this forum in the general society of authors ..;)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/01/2015 2:45 p.m.

Here you are all very close ;;)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/01/2015 4:44 p.m.

I have already pointed Locite de los Chinese Ayssss no :)) The wipes that hit that I can now buy them on Amazon and that is also in liquid.
Here you learn a lot

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/01/2015 4:47 p.m.

Another thing, any trick to shower?Do you take like this as is?Do you protect it?Thank you

Veronica14
12/01/2015 8:30 p.m.

DM1 desde el 21/09/2015
NovoRapid y Lantus

Hi @Veronica14, I am also a rookie with the Dexcom, I have been just the first time that I had to "deceive" the receiver, so that the sensor will last another week, (let's see how much it will endure) :)Being the first time I put it in the abdomen and well for the moment it doesn't bother me much and that I am also sitting in front of the computer.At most I could bother me with some belt, with a crossbag, or being sitting when I throw myself a palante choco on the table.But the arm ... I get the feeling that now in winter it will take off very fast, with so much long sleeve, and remove and put layers of clothes.I will have to think about it for the next: P

valky's profile photo
valky
12/01/2015 8:35 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Girls, you have to put an extra, waterproof to be possible, that if not, nothing lasts!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/01/2015 8:38 p.m.

@Veronica14, in the end where have you put it ???

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/01/2015 8:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.