{'en': 'Green light for the use of the first automatic artificial pancreas in the world', 'es': 'Luz verde para el uso del primer páncreas artificial automático del mundo'} Image

Green light for the use of the first automatic artificial pancreas in the world

fer's profile photo   10/05/2016 12:45 a.m.

The FDA (American drug agency) has approved today the use of the first automatic artificial pancreas, called Minimed 670G and works as an insulin dumb.

Technology, science and innovation seek to improve the living conditions of people suffering from diabetes.Now, the confirmation of the approval of the use of a new device called Minimed 670G constitutes a great advance for those who suffer from this metabolic disease.

Type 1 diabetes requires that patients injected insulin to have it controlled.This automatic artificial pancreas works as an insulin pump that connects wirelessly with a subcutaneous sensor that measures the blood sugar level.This is able to inject the necessary doses of insulin continuously and automatically without the user having to perform any action.

The edible battery that will allow to diagnose diseases from within

The only essential thing is to estimate the amount of carbohydrates that the device user will ingest with the meals so that the pump compensates for said intake.The Minimed 670G has been approved, for now, for patients over 14 years, although a study is underway to determine whether its use in children 6 years of age there is possible.

an intelligent algorithm

In addition to the operation and automatic monitoring, its manufacturer has revealed that the Minimed 670G algorithm progressively learns data about the user, which allows him to optimize his adjustments much more accurately than with the traditional insulin injections.

People with diabetes who have been part of the clinical study prior to their approval by the US health authority (FDA) have managed to lower their A1C level (glucosylated hemoglobin), a long -term indicator of the blood sugar level, and in addition, they have managed to reduce by 44 percent and 11 percent the time they spend with low and high sugar levels respectively compared to the values ​​obtained when they carried out control of the sugar level manually.

It is still necessary to improve the system, since you have to change the sensor manually and perform periodic calibrations.Of course, the tube by which the device injects insulin can be used between two and three years and the pump is submersible.

Now, the future challenge is the design of an artificial pancreas that can be implemented in the patient's body.For now, this 670g minimed is a great solution for diabetics.In the following infographic you can see the operation of the device summarized.

This is how Minimed 670g works for type 1 diabetics

fer's profile photo
fer
10/05/2016 12:45 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

This if I want, this is good, this will be milk if it reaches us !!
You have made the day !!!:)>-:)>-

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
10/05/2016 10:12 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good looks, unknowns the usual:

When?
How much?
How often?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/05/2016 10:50 a.m.

I is the most viable project that I have seen so far, and for once I think it will be possible to lead a more normal life, so I don't care to wait ....

aranzazuleg
10/05/2016 11:24 a.m.

For me, the most important part is still missing .... having it "high" is not a problem (for normal life), having low glucose if.Therefore, if you have no means to "upload it", it is "half pancreas."

I should have insulin and some kind of glucose .... you have it below 100 .... I climb it ... you have it above 200 ... the bass.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
10/05/2016 10:44 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

That nobody thinks that the catheter and conchita will be to be put on and forget everything as if you were cured.Between the delay of the interstational measurement of 10-15 minutes and the (great) delay of the acting of the current insulins ... you drink a cocacola and eat an MC menu and make a peak of 300 minimum.The slightly big bowling will have to be put by hand, I play my neck.

Pabloj2000 said:
For me, the most important part is missing .... Having it "high" is not a problem (for normal life), having low glucose if.Therefore, if you have no means to "upload it", it is "half pancreas."

I should have insulin and some kind of glucose .... you have it below 100 .... I climb it ... you have it above 200 ... the bass.

Greetings

The most complete "artificial pancreas" projects also incorporate glucagon in addition to insulin, to do the function you comment.

From the news: "Now, the future challenge is the design of an artificial pancreas that can be implemented in the patient's body. For now, this 670g minimed is a great solution for diabetics."

No, the future challenge is to cure this damn disease or at least not depend on insulin injected externally into each meal (encapsulated beta cells, intelligent insulin) ... we are in 2016 but in diabetes in the 90s.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/05/2016 11:49 p.m.

@Artorias I think like you really ... but we know that it will not happen, pharmaceuticals are not interested in that

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/06/2016 10:10 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

It will happen.The State is interested in stopping spending money on chronic patients.Pharmaceuticals would also assume income.
I imagine my cured future.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
10/09/2016 11:26 p.m.

It will happen but better take a chair to wait.The theme fixing the immune system is in diapers.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/10/2016 12:55 a.m.

And would you put yourself in the hands of a machine?A machine that your reliability is not 100 % or around?

I sincerely prefer that you carry alarms and with the alarms acting I am aware and being able to verify what the vaulted.

As long as they do not take a 100 % effective MCG instantly and without delay, and a totally immediate insulin of effect I still play with my hands.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/11/2016 12:14 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Let's see how that minimed 670g works, you have to give it a chance.The key is in the MCG.I think it comes with a new version of the Enlite, to see how they go.I of course, if they give me the opportunity, I will try it.I have the 640g, I do not know if they will update us when the 670g comes out or they will pass from us.

The people who are with the openaps (artificial pancreas of the East Movement #wearenotwaiting), are very happy and there are many people with him and many hours working.If you multiply people for hours, it will be thousands of hours working and no severe accidents known to date.Man there are times that a plane falls ... but of course it is the safest means of transport.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
10/11/2016 1:01 p.m.

Albertot said:
Let's see how that minimed 670g works, you have to give it a chance.The key is in the MCG.I think it comes with a new version of the Enlite, to see how they go.I of course, if they give me the opportunity, I will try it.I have the 640g, I do not know if they will update us when the 670g comes out or they will pass from us.

A question @albertot, since you carry the 640 g, the sensor does not fail and stop sending data before the stipulated time? We have to change more of the account sensors and inserts

mogi's profile photo
mogi
10/11/2016 2:57 p.m.

Hi @Mogi I didn't happen to the Enlite ... but I don't use them.After trying literal and dexcom G4, I go to Dexcom for precision and economy.

Now if they changed me to the 670g I would try the new literal and the closed handle of the 670g.But I don't think, I have little with the 640g and I understand them will change after a few years

albertot's profile photo
albertot
10/11/2016 4:18 p.m.

I have learned something else about this, the good news is that next year we can buy it, it will not be cheap.
I imagine the bomb that will be updated for free, they will give you the new one, because there is not benefit, it is in continuous meters, which in Medtronic are approx.€ 200 so we'll see what happens with all this, because prices are lowered or many will not have access to it.

And the bad news is that it is not what I thought, I will regulate the basal ones, we will also have to put ourselves bolus to eat, keep looking at our finger and thinking of food.

What we will avoid will be the peaks, both above and below, something is something, but we are not going to have the level of freedom that I thought.

aranzazuleg
10/18/2016 10:05 a.m.

Today it will not be possible to have systems that avoid putting the bowling of the meals automatically.Neither with 670g nor with any other than is in development.But not because of technology (software algorithms) but because the "fast" insulin takes to act in full performance about an hour.

Huge peaks would be produced at meals.New ultra -granted insulins would be needed to have a totally autonomous system.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
10/18/2016 11:15 a.m.

Yes, exact Albertot, more or less that wanted to explain the doctor, maybe they arrive, but that takes many years.

aranzazuleg
10/18/2016 11:25 a.m.

kraken said:
good pint, unknowns the usual:

When?
How much?
How often?

A few days ago I speak with Medtronic, I have 640g, and they explained that since the OK comes out in America until it is marketed there, it will have to come to Europe and give it the OK here and until it is distributed andMarket in Spain ... They would not know how to tell me but quietly 2 or 3 years minimum.This goes for long ...

Alba's profile photo
Alba
10/18/2016 12:36 p.m.

Agarli* DT1 desde los 4 años, hace 2 con la bomba 640g de Medtronic, Patty para los amigos :)

Well, I assure me the doctor that next year would already be for consumption, very soon it seems to me but I don't think I was lying.

aranzazuleg
10/18/2016 12:40 p.m.

What he had already said above, with the current insulins and technology, a true "artificial pancreas" is impossible, only the beta cells of a healthy person can react with speed to glucose changes and produce the amount of insulin just and necessary.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/19/2016 2:51 a.m.

I think the same as the classmates until they take out an insulin of instant action and an MCG with real values ​​always in its life and real value to the second all this will be an lack of control.
Perhaps for people who cannot control their diabetes or the control is not acceptable, they do well, but sincerely as things are today, nothing, they just want to wear flowers and say that they are the first.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/19/2016 12:29 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.