Carbohydrates What can we eat?

Ramón2's profile photo   12/16/2015 2 p.m.

Hello everyone;According to a magazine found by Google, it is not clear to me that we can eat, according to this magazine almost everything has carbohydrates and I would like to wear a healthy and appropriate diet for our disease.
The products I have found are these:
Carbohydrates sources
In general, we can find carbohydrates in various foods, among which the following sources predominate:

Cereals (rice, wheat, corn, oats, millet ...).
Bread.
Pastas (macarrones, spaghettis, noodles ...).
Fruits (where we get the fructose) and vegetables (rich in starch).
Pastries.
Milk and its derivatives (butter, cheese, etc.).
Legumes (beans, chickpeas ...).
Tubers and roots (potatoes and the like).
Sugar (cane, beets, honey, molasses ...)

Are cereals bad, fruits and vegetables, milk, legumes, potatoes? So what do we eat?

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
12/16/2015 2 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Type 1 can eat everything by adjusting the insulin doses to the amount of hydrates, and taking into account the absorption times of each food.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/16/2015 3:23 p.m.

And type 2?

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
12/16/2015 3:24 p.m.

We must control a little more, because type 1 we get more or less insulin, type 2 with the pills is a bit different, it is also very important even if it is just walking, especially to type 2 it is great.
Do not stop going out for whatever sports, you can eat more.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/16/2015 3:27 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

At the moment I have proposed to walk when I arrive from working, since I lead a sedentary life to more could not.I am half an hour and I make about 2.5 km, and I don't walk for lack of time.Thank you so much.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
12/16/2015 3:31 p.m.

What you should also look at if they are HC of rapid or slow absorption because perhaps at two hours you have a good analytical and at 3 hours you become another and is higher.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/16/2015 4:15 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Less water, all foods have HC.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/16/2015 4:19 p.m.

In addition to what @jconegar contributes to take into account the glycemic index of these hydrates.In summary you can eat any hydrate, you just have to look at the amount and if you will do something to burn those calories, depending on that you can ingest a glymic or other index, a quick or slow absorption, the latter will depend on the glycemic level you have at that time.But in the absence of insulin as in type 1 to counter these hydrates, in type 2 sport is a fundamental pillar for control.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
12/16/2015 4:37 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

anaisabel said:
less water, all foods have HC.

It's a joke, right?Be careful with certain "advice" to new people, please.

Link

No carbohydrates:

Beef
Bovine
Organ meats (including brain, liver and kidneys)
Lamb
Pork
Language
Chicken
Ham
Fish (such as salmon, trout and sole)
Duck
Goose
Fish
Seafood (such as crab, shrimp and lobster)
Mollusks (such as oysters, mussels and clams)
Meats (such as deer meat and alce)
Exotic meats (such as ostrich and emu)
Eggs

butter

Salt
Vegetables, nuts, oils and fruits such as avocado, grapes, carrum, canola, and olive oil
Animal fats, such as fish oil and pork fat
Some margarine brands and butter (read the package labels)

water
coffee
tea
distilled alcohol

I add: Cola Zero, Fanta Zero, Aquarius Libre ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/16/2015 6:10 p.m.

Well, it wasn't a joke, but thanks for your clarification.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/16/2015 6:16 p.m.

@Artorias, @anaisabel, thanks to both, to one for the question, the other for the answer, I will never go to sleep without having learned something new !!!;)

Thanks to both!: P

fer's profile photo
fer
12/16/2015 6:29 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Ramón, in type2, the most recommended foods are vegetables and proteins., and dairy, fruit and nuts, controlling.
Hydrates are restricted, but they are not completely eliminated.
And the important thing is to maintain good control, with a glycosilada less than 7, better than 6.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/16/2015 8:34 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much, I did not know that there were so many things that do not have it, although I imagine that you cannot eat all the amount you want even if you do not have HC.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
12/16/2015 8:35 p.m.

jconegar said:
what you should also look at themselves hc of rapid or slow absorption because perhaps at two hours you have a good analytical and at 3 hours you become another and is higher.

Normally it goes down, but as it goes down very slowly.Before knowing that it was a diabetic, although I already smelled it I did the test with my mother's glucometer, that day I had eaten a piece of cake and at 3 hours I was 220, I took the scare of the century, and at four o'clockHours had gone down to 182, which is also, but less.All the best.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
12/16/2015 8:45 p.m.

If you want information about carbohydrates, look for Google "Serafin Murillo Carbohydrates".
ARTORIAS You have erroneously included grapes in food without hydrates.
Attached pdf of carbohydrates made by Serafin

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/16/2015 10:13 p.m.

The PDF also includes the glycemic index.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/16/2015 10:16 p.m.

I have taken it out of the web that I put, I have not proven something for a thing.

Looking I see that the grape is about 16g per 100.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/16/2015 10:21 p.m.

Of all the app that I know for Android to know the composition of food and the most complete, although you have to understand it a little is my fitness pal, I use it only to know composition, I do not record menus or stories of those, it is necessary to haveInternte, if someone does not clarify to ask me.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/16/2015 11:34 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

The PDF is very interesting.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
12/16/2015 11:40 p.m.

jconegar said:
of all the app that I know for Android to know the composition of food and the most complete, although you have to understand it a little is my fitness pal, I use it only to knowComposition, I do not record menus or stories of those, it is necessary to have internte, if someone does not clarify to ask me.

I also use it and it is coming well to see the amounts of what I take and the nutrients, fats ...

Nila's profile photo
Nila
01/28/2016 3:48 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.