New bomb and pregnancy

Mag's profile photo   12/27/2015 11:05 p.m.

Hello, I am new in the forum, I don't know how it works ... I am a diabetics for 7 years, when I had my first child with 27. Now I am pregnant with my third child and 3 weeks ago I carry the insulin bombAnimas together with the Dexcom G4.I am quite worried because I do not control my glycemia, I am looking and I am very high.Before I had many hypos and now many hyper .... I think the basal I did not finish controlling them and the endocrine tells me that it does not correct much with bowling.I worry that something can happen to the baby, I'm 11 weeks.Is there someone who has had something similar?

Mag's profile photo
Mag
12/27/2015 11:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@mag I carry the animas Vibe with the Dexcom G4.Well, I am not a doctor, I have the experience of the Dexcom for 3.5 years and I have taken it since July, I have read a lot, assisted many courses and so on but in the subject of pregnancies because I miss a little.
To control the basal, try for two days to do exactly the same and eat the same, look when you have it high and regulate the basal like that.The basal of the nights for us when carrying the Dexcom is the easiest to regulate since you neither eat nor move, if you appear high you see regulating it up, look a lot at the trends when it starts to rise.
Let's see that you don't correct much with bowling, it doesn't have to be so, she wants you to adjust the basal well, but she is the doctor not you.What you can do is correct with bowling before it goes up.
Sometimes it happened to me that there was no way to lower it but it has been for fatty foods that surely is not your case.I don't know what kind of catheter you put on, to see if it were why you don't get well or something.
Use mixed bowling if you see that after meals you get a lot.
Give more clues to the situations in which it happens to you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/27/2015 11:18 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thanks for answering so ràpido.You have made me think about the catheter, it may not between good, I don't know what, I will ask in the next visit.I will also ask the mixed bowling, I don't know how they work.It happens to me that at the time the levels are perfect, 130 or so, at 2 hours neither 150-160 and at 3h 200 or more ... before with the bolis I think this did not happen to me ...

Mag's profile photo
Mag
12/27/2015 11:30 p.m.

I send you a private read it

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/27/2015 11:45 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

That with mixed bowling you can solve almost certain.I do not think it is for the catheter but it would never be good glucose would always lack the levels.It can also be because you wear little basal in the afternoon.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/27/2015 11:50 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

I will look at what you say and comment on the next visit.I don't know how private you look.Thank you.

Mag's profile photo
Mag
12/27/2015 11:55 p.m.

They are private messages if you are mobile on the right there are three small horizontal lines if you press on them a menu opens where there is an envelope that will have a 1 click there

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/27/2015 11:57 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Hi @Mag I also wear the animas + g4 and I am also pregnant.If you carry the issue of English there is a book that I like very much because it explains very well how to adjust with a bomb, it is called pumping insulin by John Walsh and Ruth Roberts, you can buy on Amazon.

I believe that not correcting with bowling is not a good advice, I am all day correcting with micro bowling (<of 1 unit) when I pass from 120, it is that it is impossible to be all day in the ranges that ask us.On the other hand, now in pregnancy do not expect more than 2 days to upload or lower the basal if you see that you need it, now your insulin needs will be very changing.
As @jconegar says then solve the climbs at 3 hours of eating putting a Bolus 85-15% combo (15% distributed in an hour).In general, during pregnancy they advise to use this type of bowling because the glucose is normally raised after eating and between foods quickly but I have been the only way I have had to control the post at 3 hours of breakfast and dinnerI notice that since I am pregnant I do the digestion very slow.

I am being a very long post, but the last thing I wanted to tell you is that being in week 11 in principle it is normal for you to notice that you have more hypos, especially early morning and early in the morning, so be carefulWith that.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
12/28/2015 1:32 a.m.

Thank you very much for your answers.7 years ago that I am diabetics and it is the first time that I can share something.I have no one to my village with diabetis.I have so many questions, everything you tell me is helpful.I will look at the book in Amazon.Regarding G4, I have been 2 weeks and today I have started a new session but the values ​​that gave me this nocho were not correct, I think I will have it to change.I thought it would last me more ... this lasts this?

Mag's profile photo
Mag
12/28/2015 11 a.m.

To me in the belly I was approaching at two weeks, the upper part of the average rear of three normally a couple of days less.In the arm the average is 4 weeks.
I will open a thread so that it looks good about how it has gone in the twin.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/28/2015 11:46 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

In the arm?It seem to me a good idea !!The only thing to put it.I also think that so many needles will be better in the belly ... In this way the via of the pump can change my side pq at the moment always in it.Thank you.

Mag's profile photo
Mag
12/28/2015 2:01 p.m.

@mag did the Pump put it from Novalab or at the hospital?Where are you from?
The pump theme should be explained very well

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/28/2015 4:51 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@Mag What do you mean that it didn't give correct values?Sometimes what happens to me at night is that if I sleep from the sensor side and I crush it, it gives me much lower values ​​than they really are, but once the posture correct the sensor the sensor works perfectly.I usually last the sensors in my ass or arm about 3 or 4 weeks.
To put the Dexcom on your arm there is a video on YouTube that explains how to do it only one, look for one of Diabetic Danica for example.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
12/28/2015 5:38 p.m.

This has happened to me this!I did not stop to think that it was for the position.Today I will change the sensor and provide in the arm, to see if it endures a little more.@jconegar the bomb gave it to me at the hospital, I bought the Dexcom.

Mag's profile photo
Mag
12/28/2015 6:16 p.m.

@Mag welcome, as you can see here the compis are experts, your question everything you need in the forum, you can talk, vent, comment doubts and there is always someone who helps you.

I am 6 months ago with the bomb and now to see if I get pregnant, and the truth is that at the beginning it is difficult to take the point and it is scary that can fail, all the options it has, put you to modify ... etc butAs you tell you you see if you see what you need more basal.
Mixed bowling are great as they have told you

@Inday I do not know why it will be, something of the doctors I suppose, but they do not let me either put small corrections, only from 180. Although I see it little practical and for now I go paying attention, when you are pregnant in which margin maximum allowbe??

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
12/28/2015 7:14 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Gemater, as a pre-boar, they tell me that he runs from 130, I do the 130 dexcom with an arrow tilted upwards correctly or if I see that the curve goes up, if the arrow is normal I wait a little fromSee what happens and if a meal is approaching, I wait for food to correct those 130, or advance the food if I can

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/28/2015 7:46 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Gala that I see it more normal, I don't know why they tell me to wait for 180. The truth is that this last month I have improved a lot, but one day in the middle of the afternoon or at dawn I reached 140 or 160, without correcting arriving at 80-100Before dinner I still achieve it, because I go for a walk and something low, but the breakfast is no one to fix it.
For now I have unfolded food and dinner, I force myself to snack and postcen, that something helps because I correct the food, but I do not know if it is the best solution.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
12/28/2015 7:58 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Gema ter mi tell me that pre of 60 to 90 and post maximum 140 an hour later.But an hour later I am fine at 129 or so, the problem is two hours or more, so I'm touching the 200 or more!In pregnancies the problem is the descent at night so that that's why they put my bomb but I still don't dominate.Today in a store by me a shirt I have started the via !!!What a burden it has given me !!!On Wednesday when I go to the consultation I will ask the mixed bowling.

Mag's profile photo
Mag
12/28/2015 9:37 p.m.

@Mag I To avoid starting the pump I put some adhesive tape on the cable, especially if I put it in the Michelin from my back, someone told me about the forum and it is a good idea.Before when I put it like this, more than one day when I go to the bathroom.

On the mixed bowling a little what others told you, these days of Comilona came great.Today, for example, I pray and vegetable, the case that I forgot and put on a normal bolus, I think we will see what happens, although the rice always goes up after several hours and it was ... food 15h 90, two hours later 17h 114 andthen 19h 201.

We go that the next thing I forget I go up with a temporary basal as they said here that at least I will solve it, today I do not fall into it.The case is to lose fear and test, the bomb gives you more freedom and options to advance what it can be, and more if you carry the Dexcom that warns you of trends.Here you always learn things by reading what is commented :)

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
12/28/2015 11:07 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Derange.Sincerely, the doctors who say that you cannot correct it seems to me that they are a bit of old plays.The good thing about the pump is that you can correct with unity fractions with what you can download just what you need without risking to have a hypo.

@Mag what @gemater says of the adhesive tape is essential not to take the catheter ahead if you hit a pull.For me it was a before and after.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
12/29/2015 1:49 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.