{'en': 'Minimed 670g, the "artificial pancreas"', 'es': 'Minimed 670G, el "páncreas artificial"'} Image

Minimed 670g, the "artificial pancreas"

fer's profile photo   10/19/2016 8:41 p.m.

A few weeks ago, the entity responsible for protecting public health in the US approved Minimed 670G, the first portable "artificial pancreas" capable of controlling blood sugar levels of patients with diabetes 1 and administering the necessary amountof insulin automatically.

The device was developed by Medtronic, and basically consists of an insulin pump integrated by a closed circuit connection with a sensor that is responsible for measuring the person's glucose levels.

The 670G minimed represents an important advance with respect to the previous ones.

In the past, type 1 diabetics had access to insulin pumps, which are designed to administer insulin in preprogrammed doses to meet basal needs, while to determine blood sugar levels, the patient should use a monitor ofindependent glucose.

The Medtronic Minimed 670G, on the other hand, combines both the glucose sensor and insulin pump in a single device, facilitating its use by the patient.

This “closed circuit hybrid” system measures the user's blood sugar every five minutes, and then automatically injects the exact amount of insulin necessary to balance glucose levels.Also, an additional function allows the user to release insulin manually.

The Medtronic Minimed 670G, thanks to the fact that it includes smartguardian technology, also has the ability to automatically suspend insulin supply when a fall of chusemia is detected below the normal threshold, resuming the supply only after sugar levels areThey recover.

The recent approval of the Food & AMP;Drug Administration (FDA) was based on the positive results of a clinical trial that consisted of the use of the device in 123 type 1 diabetic patients.

It should be remembered that diabetes affects hundreds of millions of people worldwide.While the change in eating habits and physical exercise have proven to be good resources to improve the health of patients with type 2 diabetes, individuals with type 1 diabetes are unable to produce insulin at all and their symptoms are caused by deathof pancreas cells that are responsible for insulin production.

This last condition requires the constant supervision of blood sugar levels, which are maintained through regular insulin injections.Without access to medication, a type 1 diabetic cannot survive, hence the importance of having a system like the 670g minimed.

Tests to use the minimed 670g in children

For now, the use of the device has been authorized in people over 14 years, so the developer is dedicated to new trials aimed at testing its applicability in children from 7 to 14 years of age.

According to the information provided by Medtronic, the approval of the FDA occurred “long before expected”, so, taking into account this fact and the character of the applied technology, the Minimed 670G system will not be ready for itsDelivery to spring (boreal) of 2017.

Source: Medtronic

fer's profile photo
fer
10/19/2016 8:41 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Do you know if the Minimed 670G is already giving in Social Security?I have seen on the Internet on the Medtronic page that is already available in Spain

Halexx's profile photo
Halexx
03/25/2019 9:57 a.m.

DM 1 - 28 años - Debut 2016

Minimed640g con Humalog

Medtronic Guardian G3

I told my nurse and told me that they were testing in Madrid in a couple of hospitals ...

I told him that I wanted to try, but he told me that I would have to change my hospital like this, I don't feel like getting into the center every day.

But if they are already trying, there should not be much.

I am waiting for my bomb, it is assumed that the 1 start tol jaleo, but I have told you that I put the previous version but I want that as soon as they have it ... if the commercial comes, to see if I like the ear to see whatHe tells me.

noko1987's profile photo
noko1987
03/30/2019 3:54 p.m.

Crónicas de un diabético gamer y currante a turnos 24x7
https://www.youtube.com/user/noko1987

The artificial pancreas?These terms that are used that they are not true by me to boil me because they deceive many people who have no knowledge of these issues and they think that there is an artificial pancreas already.
Definition of an artificial organ that does not even approximate this system: an artificial organ is an artificial device that is implanted or integrates into a human being to replace the organ of a person, with the purpose of restoring a specific function or aGroup of related functions, with what the patient can return to a life as normal as possible.Once again Medtronic using terms that are not right at all and try to confuse.

I know you have only copied Fernando, I don't say it for you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/01/2019 8 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello good!

Well, I just left the consultation, I tell you, the 670 is already underway, today I was going to start with 640 but talking to the doctor and the nurse, we have decided that I wait a couple of months and since I start from0, I will start with the new version.

They have told me that things have changed, apparently the bomb is learning little by little with trends and others, the system has changed, now it does not go for patterns, but a goal is marked, which is usually come by default 120mg ofglucose, which you can vary, so it seems that no, but the method of use changes a bit.

They have told me that the sensor has also improved it, but they will change the method of data transmission, pump and sensor, apparently it works on radiofrequency, but they will include Bluetooth

In addition, when using Bluetooth, they have agreed with other manufacturers, and will be compatible with other glucometers and others ...

But well, the reality is that for the moment, so that the "closed lock" system must be used its sensors, it is effective.

It has dropped me, because I am concerned about the issue of money, contracts and others, and he told me that we are one step away that they finance the sensors, in addition to those of Free, and as he has told me it is all in progress ...But we already know that this is slow

I have also given me a FIASP ball the new ultra -meparapida insulin, I will make a thread with my impressions, but it looks very well, what I do not know, it is whether it will be compatible with bombs.

I will continue to comment

noko1987's profile photo
noko1987
04/01/2019 12:25 p.m.

I am in the process of implantation of the 640g and for the moment great.The truth that with the Medtronic sensors I have had bad experience and I have broken the contract with them.@NOKO1987, a partner of the PUMP LEARNING GROUP USA FIASP, and it is the insulin that will be used in the pump.I will continue with the Humalog.

Halexx's profile photo
Halexx
04/03/2019 4:42 p.m.

Minimed640g con Humalog

Medtronic Guardian G3

Well perfect!Because I insulin I like the truth a lot, as I control it better, I do not know, it acts very different from the novorapid that I use, at least in my case.

We will see what happens to the 670 that I am quite interested the truth.

What problem have you had @hallexx with the sensors?

noko1987's profile photo
noko1987
04/03/2019 7:11 p.m.

@Noko1987 You will tell us how with 670g.Because the sensors the first two days and the last of erroneous readings.Now that in the bomb group that Domos 7, they have put the sensors to adjust the endocrine the pump the majority have experienced the same problems.Even the pump stopped insulin infusion for marking 47 when the capillary was 150 approx.I don't know, I have gotten a lot of disappointment with them.I don't know if there will be more people who have experienced it here.

Halexx's profile photo
Halexx
04/03/2019 7:28 p.m.

Minimed640g con Humalog

Medtronic Guardian G3

I am already waiting for her.This week was the staff of my hospital (Hospital our Mrs. de la Candelaria in S/C of Tenerife) to the corresponding courses, and the endocrinologist has told me that after Holy Week they will put it, at no cost or any cost or ofsensors or anything.

Manuel Fernández Raposo's profile photo
Manuel Fernández Raposo
04/05/2019 midnight
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Apparently many people leave the 670g

Link

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
04/08/2019 2:47 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

In Granada they are also with the pilot experience.I wish there was in Malaga: www.juntadeandalucia.es/presidencia/portavoz/salud/141442/Consjeriadesalud/HOSPITALDESACILILIO/PARQUECNOLTOLICODELASALUD/DIANTS/BOMBASDEINSULINA

rosanriv's profile photo
rosanriv
04/14/2019 10:43 p.m.

Today I have left again, they are very heavy with the theme Rations, Ratios and other hahaha.

They have told me that it is like everything, that of the cases they know in Spain everything in order at the moment but in my hospital there is no one with it, they are to see when they can start with me and we try, I will have to do an intensive one afterUse.

They have told me that when I come without a bomb, they better not leave me one to test, because the system changes, thus better start with it from 0 without vices or routines.

I have been told a couple of months, I will tell you to see how

noko1987's profile photo
noko1987
04/15/2019 1:37 p.m.

Good morning
I use Roche's insight;But they are going to put the 640g ...... and they have thought to put the 670g.Social security covers everything.I am scared of Q does not coordinate the sensor with the pump and stop being in 150 and the Sensor Capte 60 for example.
The penalty is that the cartridges are not preload, it was a great advantage that has the
I will be counting, I have been disconnected from the forum for years.
I will say that I am diabetic for 40 years .... it has rained a lot already ...

romevila's profile photo
romevila
06/16/2019 10:25 a.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Hello, I've been with 640g for 640 and now I will change to 670, I would like to know if anyone is using it with the insulin Fiasp I think that with this insulin it must be wonderful, you will tell me
thank you

Mari Gonzalez's profile photo
Mari Gonzalez
12/09/2019 1:11 a.m.

I use the 640g with Fiasp and I do very well.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
12/09/2019 9:18 a.m.

Mamarvazq said:
I use the 640g with fiasp and I do very well.

Have you noticed with fiasp need more quantity in basal and bowling?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/09/2019 9:47 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

I have needed the same amount of insulin Humalog as FIASP, both in bowling (HC and/or correctors) and basal (without varying time slots).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
12/09/2019 10:37 a.m.

mamarvazq said:
I needed the same amount of insulin humalog as fiasp, both in bowling (HC and/or correctors) and in basal (without varying time slots).

Great, I'm glad to hear that

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/09/2019 1:01 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@jconegar

As I know that these issues like, and you know them quite well, I have seen this article (through the page of the sugary Jedi).The link is in English.

I cannot value the quality of the article.I do not use a bomb.But I hope it's interesting!

Link

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
12/10/2019 3:58 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@jconegar

As I know that these issues like, and you know them quite well, I have seen this article (through the page of the sugary Jedi).The link is in English.

I cannot value the quality of the article.I do not use a bomb.But I hope it's interesting!

Link

If I had already seen it, but talk about a bomb like Medtronic who are already with their substitute then do not hahaha.If you want to remove it from the market and just leave I do not, something will have say.
How dexcom G6 and Tandem Tx Slim 2 Basal IQ Nothing !!!!ha ha ha.

Thank you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/10/2019 7:29 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.