{'en': 'Hyperglycemia before bedtime and hypoglycemia when you wake up', 'es': 'Hiperglucemia antes de acostarse e hipoglucemia al despertar'} Image

Hyperglycemia before bedtime and hypoglycemia when you wake up

Maritxu22's profile photo   10/21/2016 3:32 p.m.

Hello!

I am not new reading the forum but writing.I wanted to consider what happens to me to see what solutions you can propose.

I put in the morning 18u of Lantus and Apidra on demand.What happens to me for a long time (years) is that I "have" to go to the high bed (with 200 or so) so as not to have hypoglycemia at night.And not even so, for example yesterday I went to bed at 00:00 with 235 (I did not click Apidra since by two days in the same situation I put 1 unit and woke up low at 4:30), and at the7:30 that I got up was 55:-$.

Normally Ceno at 9:30 p.m. and I punctu

My endocrine has always told me that nothing happens because I go to sleep.But of course, not under the glycosilada of 7 what I want, since I have been having between 7 and 7.8 and it's 10 years with diabetes ... I have to take care of more.

What do you think I can do?I have thought about clicking to be 100 or so before sleeping and there to allege 8 cookies with fiber and that I hold all night ... That is what I will start doing, but if someone comes up with something orIt happens the same, tell me, it would be a great help.

On the other hand, I plan to buy a continuous glucose meter, I still don't know which, which will help me to see my night glycemic curve I suppose.

All the best!!

Maritxu

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
10/21/2016 3:32 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Hello,
In that situation, my endocrine would clearly tell me that I have basal left over.Although I get toujeo.
Sometimes the same thing happened to me, that I was high, to 200 or 220, and I got up well or low, according to diverse situations of moments of menstrual cycle.So by reducing the basal, that becomes less exaggerated.Of course, at night I do not get fast or put a unit, depending on other factors.But there are things that cannot be changed: if you are at 211, and putting a unit to correct (as I did last night), at the time in the maximum peak of the rapGo high and get well, to crush the body without sleep and with anxiety and with difficult digestions at night hours.But that is my situation, of very high sensitivity to insulin in general, altered, yes, by complex cyclic-mestrual variations.
With that there are things that cannot be changed, I want to say that in the end we must accept that some things do, and others not, and that in each person it is different ...

What I tell you is my experience.I would go directly to the endocrine and ask him about the basal.My endocrine also tells me that there are people who can get off certain levels of glycoslada and others do not, because there are simply who can work perfectly with values ​​of 80, for example, and there are those who with those values ​​have just to breathe.And that is.

A hug

imara's profile photo
imara
10/21/2016 3:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you imara for your answer.It is true that the menstrual cycle influences me a lot and I have to lower the slow days before the rule, and then rise it to me.The endocrine does not solve anything when I have asked it since it is formed to have a hem less than 7.5%.The truth is that it gives me the slow thing to get off more because 18 units seem a few, and I am thin (my diet is good but I have a tendency to lose weight), I think that if I get it down I will lose weight more.

Maritxu22
10/21/2016 4:02 p.m.

Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

The truth is that what I see many endocrine do not help in almost anything.I have one that is a sky and explains and answers everything I ask (private insurance).Those of Social Security are a team, and I have already been with three different and each one gives me one thing.So I do that: I ask everything, I raise everything, I listen to several answers, I observe myself, I know the reactions of my body, and I decide (and inform my endos).
In relation to the basal, for me it is evident that with more than 6 or 8 that I put on, I would go to shit.There are seasons that I am going well with 8 and others that I have to download because I am so low at night (and so low for me is less than 80) that I do not sleep (and not because it is nervous, but because the dreams-peesadillas ofterror go that fly).Thus, waking me up with 80 supposes not having rested and also being trembling).For me it is good to wake up with values ​​between 95 and 120.
And I am also skinny, 167 cm height and 50 kilos.Of a lifetime.The question is to see how the forces are, how we feel, not just the measures.Measures are important in the day to not have continuous hypos.And in the long run not to get sick anymore.But if I have a glycoslada of 5.5 now, I can't live, I can't go to work I can't do anything ... What do I care in a few years?That does not mean liking the blanket at the head, but assuming that there are so many things that we cannot control ...

You can lower the basal, to hold you in adequate ranges between meals and at night, and put on the rapid that you need at each meal.But of course, you have to have an endocrine that worries somewhat to support and help.Hab it to questions!: D

But each one is a world ... And our needs are also changing, they are not static.So a pattern that serves you today may not serve in three months ...

Thanks to you :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
10/21/2016 4:14 p.m.

maritxu22 said:
hello!I am not new reading the forum but if writing ...

Welcome to the forum @maritxu22, now that you have decided to write, I hope we can help you as well as possible, for the moment I have already seen that you have good answers!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
10/21/2016 4:24 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Imara thanks again for your answer.You are right, and you have to prioritize and not obsess with lowering and lowering the glyce if that means living exclusively for it, and I am clear that you have to have that flexibility and live in the now accepting that everything cannot be controlled.What happens that I think I have not exhausted all the possibilities of solving what I raise, so I will continue trying, peacefully.
I with glycemia of 80 or 70 I usually be well, and with 60 I begin to have symptoms.

It is also true that everything changes and our needs too, and can be cyclical in the same month as you well say for example for menstruation.
I will see little by little, if whatever I do, I will tell it here.

Greetings!!

Maritxu22
10/21/2016 4:52 p.m.

Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

@Maritxu22 do not have problems getting off the lantus as far as you are in good glycemia at night and for the day you are well controlled.At first with Lantus I had like you, I became 30U in the afternoon and after dinner I had to alleged to go high and wake well, I went down and until I changed insulin I finished with 16-18 units and I solved the themeof the halls and nights ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/21/2016 8 p.m.

Lower the lantus, not to have to bed high and wake up well.
If you need, go up the rapids of the day.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/22/2016 1:05 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Lantus goes down, no doubt.But you have to see how that affects you throughout the day, not just at night.
Apart from that, the Lantus is quite damn.Many people had to unfold on two punctures because it did not cover 24 hours.Nor is it as flat as they told us at the beginning and at least I have had enough hypos because by eight hours I took a peak and or I had lying up or was a safe hypo.
If the Lantus goes down a little, you see that it goes up in the afternoon talks to your endocrine and that it changes to threeiba or toujeo, which endure 24 hours better and are much more flat than the lantus.
The "continuous" meter will help you a lot.If you can afford it, take one, no doubt.In the forum you will find many threads about which one you must choose from.
This way you will get your glycosylated almost certain.

Greetings.

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
10/22/2016 1:07 p.m.

I am surprised about the Lantus, because I put it on lunch (approximately 2:30 pm) and in the morning it hardly affects me.Does it affect dinner so much if you put it in the morning, after 12 hours?

Jota's profile photo
Jota
10/24/2016 12:33 p.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

My daughter carries Lantus, until recently we had no problem and put it on the night too.We began to have nightlife, if we went down dose, the night spent well but in the afternoon it ended with hyper.In the end what we did after commenting with the endo that takes her out of the hospital, was to leave the doses and put it at night and in the morning.Now we have a review in the hospital and we will try to change Toujeo or Tresiba.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/24/2016 3:38 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

And with respect to the continuous meter, talk to your hospital, Abbott is offering readers and test sensors through the endos.It is not a continuous meter itself, but it can help you.

RocioLlinares
10/24/2016 3:41 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Jota@ I put the lantus in the morning and it gives me nocturnal hypoglycemia if, at least in me it acts like this.
I will look at the insulins you have told me.I have lowered the lantus from 18 to 16 and before yesterday afternoon without eating anything it started up to 240 from 100 q I had 3 hours after eating .. so yesterday I returned to 18. I will see, and whenGo to the endocrine I will tell you about those two insulins, which should be changed.
Thanks to all for the answers!

Maritxu22
10/26/2016 8:44 p.m.

Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Testing a Lantus unit.
And he asks the doctor about the toujeo.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/26/2016 10:47 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

We have left the Lantus between tomorrow and night.At night he continues to have hiccups in the early morning and if we go down a slow one does not fall from 150, I will try to remove it from the night and raise it in the morning and see what happens.Next Wednesday we have the visit and we will also propose the change to Toujeo or Tresiba, there since the endo decides.

RocioLlinares
10/27/2016 10:06 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Aupi again!
I wanted to tell you how it has gone.Two weeks ago I lowered the Lantus that I put in the morning, to 17 units, and since I was enough I went back to 16, and the truth is that much better.I can go to sleep with 130 without problem, and if I am in 80 with eating a Galician it is worth it.I have had to increase 1 U fast at breakfast and most days I do not need to be (only if I have less than 90-100).Jo had been commenting on the endocrine for some time and did not give importance to him with the high blood glucose to sleep ... why didn't he tell me to lower my lantus?X (
I am sure that I will be able to lower the hemo.
Thanks for your advice!

Maritxu22
11/04/2016 5:27 p.m.

Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Great @maritxu22!Glad to hear it :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
11/04/2016 7 p.m.

Well, I'm the same for a month!With basal insulin change and everything, which was with Lantus and now I have the three of a couple of days, but I continue with the same!Yesterday I was almost 300 when I went to bed and I didn't put anything in insulin because I knew I was going to get off ... and what I got down, this morning I was 48!

What scares me is now that I have free to see how it goes down during the night ... and the truth is that apart from lowering the threeiba (I started in 28 in the morning and now 26) I do not know very well what to do!Because it is not normal to eat something at night while at 300.

Anasyx's profile photo
Anasyx
11/08/2016 1:13 p.m.

Keep the threeiba continues ...

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/08/2016 2:59 p.m.

Good morning, the fact is that the reverse happens to me: I lie down with values ​​of ~ 70 and then I wake up sweating at 5 in values ​​of 200 without eating anything.

I carry the free freestyle, from Abbott, for approximately a month, since Social Security is beginning to finance it in Galicia.I attach an image with the curve tonight, but there are worse.In it, it appears that I applied Insulina Novorapid at 8 and at approximately 10, which were 3 and 17 units, respectively.

As for basal insulin, I am with the insulin Tresiba, which I had in 17 units and from the 3rd of this month until yesterday, day 19, I went up to 19 units.It is true that with this insulin it takes time to notice the effects a couple of days, but these cases remain very annoying.

In my case, hormones can affect my age, but I don't know if I should be able to control it better.

pevipe's profile photo
pevipe
03/20/2019 5:58 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.