{'en': 'Clinton, Trump and Diabetes', 'es': 'Clinton, Trump y la diabetes'} Image

Clinton, Trump and Diabetes

fer's profile photo   11/08/2016 8:37 a.m.

With so much expectation about the elections in the USA, I wonder, what is the positioning of Clinton and Trump about diabetes?, Is it known to support the research?, Will the life of people with diabetes improve in diabetes according to one or one orAnother? What do you think?

fer's profile photo
fer
11/08/2016 8:37 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I believe that support for research will continue to exist in the US, unless Trump is to be spent in armament and cut in research.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/08/2016 4:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Trump says he wants to stop being the world's police.Instead Hitlaria when he was Secretary of State forced Obama to destroy Libya and reduce the protection of Iraq thanks to this all the current problem of ISIS and refugees arose.Also in her senator era she was the only Democrat who support Bush in Iraq's invasion.He is more warmong than any Republican and on top of that is silly and very careless (e-mails and accusations of the FBI for it).

So brain she has less than anyone.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/08/2016 5:40 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41 On the question of diabetes, do you have an idea if Clinton supports or not? Any relevant initiative or campaign promise that can help?

fer's profile photo
fer
11/08/2016 5:49 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
@sherpa41 about the diabetes issue, you have an idea if Clinton supports or not?, any relevant initiative or campaign promise that can help?

Obama promised a year ago to launch an initiative to accelerate the search for a cure for diabetes and cancer:

Link

But of these disasters that are presented now I have not heard anything on the subject.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/08/2016 6:04 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

In this case, it is assumed that the one inherited!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
11/08/2016 6:44 p.m.

@fer, I have no idea.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/08/2016 9:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, Trump has come out, I still don't believe it ...

Let's see what this man does, but the same what he least has to worry about is whether or not for an investigation ... PQ this man if he does everything he has promised will be an exodus of amazing people, or perhaps not.

I do not know but that has won the radical type, it seems like a hallucine, hehehe ...

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
11/09/2016 10:21 a.m.

Now that Joe Biden has won the elections, or at least, that's what the polls say (Trump does), it would be interesting to know his proposals for diabetes, do anyone know if they plan to boost research?

fer's profile photo
fer
11/08/2020 12:30 p.m.

I have been dedicated to research management for many years, especially European and national.Americans bet on research by nature.Much more than Europeans, hence their competitiveness.Universities are much more given to investigate and have more means to do so, that also causes more economic performance to take out.They are researchers but not altruistic.With Biden and without Biden.To give you an example, in Spain we have great researchers in the university world but a very poor amount of intellectually protected projects and products.What is that?We investigate unusual economically productive things and that makes our research recently.

JuanSevillano's profile photo
JuanSevillano
11/08/2020 3:16 p.m.

Diabetes is still a great business for pharmacists, and as such, American universities and cooperation companies will always make more efforts than Europeans and of course Spanish (badly to recognize me).

JuanSevillano
11/08/2020 3:19 p.m.

There are good researchers and many abuses too.
Companies receive many subsidies that do not devote to research, I know because every year I have to invent activities for the subsidy that the community has given us for R&D that we do not do and that nobody controls from the administration.
In the US there is a lot of subsidy from companies to universities and research centers, it is a great commercial career to take the market.The day they have public health all that will be lost.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/09/2020 10:02 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I think more important than what they do with research is if they are going to do something with the price of insulins.Many people die in the US because they can't pay it and many have to ration it.The prices there are exorbitant compared to other countries.I think that is more important than investing more in research (which is also, but first that they avoid unnecessary deaths).

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/09/2020 11:40 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

In accordance with the issue of insulin, for me, the focus of the investigation would have to go in the sense of reaching a definitive cure for diabetes, hopefully the day comes! ... and that can see it !!!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
11/09/2020 4:48 p.m.

I hope Fer can see it.There are more than 400 projects on diabetes today and many interests.Hopefully, although it sounds ugly to say that this makes some batteries, both a company (for economic interest) and university (to which we already pay with our taxes) and above all they support these investigations from the states.It is a very old disease with many patients who need advances.

JuanSevillano
11/09/2020 8:35 p.m.

I have sought information about what I promised in Joe Biden campaign regarding diabetes, and I think they are better news than I thought, of course, nothing to do with Trump.

"In the coming months, Joe Biden will build on these bases and present his proposals to address some of our greatest public health challenges, from reducing violence with firearms to healing devastating diseases such as cancer, Alzheimer's, diabetes andaddiction."

Link

Here I leave a file with the full page, lest they eliminate the web, in the USThey can be claimed.

Download Joe Biden program on health care in PDF

fer's profile photo
fer
11/10/2020 10:17 a.m.

Fer, political programs are to be fully breached.I hope it's an uncle with word.Of course the cure has to come from the United States, England, Japan, in short the countries that we already know.

JuanSevillano
11/10/2020 9:31 p.m.

To me that point for politicians to pass the program for the lining ... I pursue me and much ... should not be so, or from afar, therefore there are those that diminish the position, in the United States these things weighMuch more, as in countries such as the United Kingdom, where the representative depends much more on their voters than here, that's why they do what they want and nothing happens ... Maybe we have to fix that, rather than fix thediabetes!!!: D

fer's profile photo
fer
11/11/2020 9:09 a.m.

It is curious that just drives and publish the news.
In any case, the diabetes solution does not interest, a lot of capital is generated with the control and measurement methods.
If the deceased rate was higher and the diabetes costs in the system were published, maybe some country would take it seriously.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/11/2020 10:45 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I don't know if we will be lucky enough to see the cure.It makes me not.It is not because it is agorero, but, where are all the advances with nanoparticles in medicine of the first decade of this century? Where are gene therapies, and stem cells?
They have not reached me, I don't know about you ..

ajd's profile photo
ajd
11/12/2020 1:18 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.