A month ago that my girl was diagnosed with diabetes

Elejulia's profile photo   02/12/2016 9:37 a.m.

Hello everyone.I am Elena Mama de Jùlia she is 11 years old and on January 11 (what a gift of kings !!) Entrance in Sant Joan de Deu (Barcelona) and diagnosed type 1 diabetes. Towards a few days that we saw it thinner, a goodBut we saw that I drink more water than usual, so we decided to do glycemic control on an empty stomach to get us out of doubt ... and uff !!Marco 232 So call the pediatrician and told me to take her to the hospital, which aimed to be diabetes.In a few hours we were in the emergency room where they put a via with serum and confirmed the diagnosis.I wanted to die !!!!a diabetes !!!!forever!!!The typical questions began to come to me?A healthy girl who had never had anything !!!!With a normal life, with his dance, his swimming, his studies.Anyway, we were admitted.

She porto as a champion we were very surprised when we saw her do the control alone and put the insulin and it was as if our soul broke.In each puncture I sink the world, a world in which everything was perfect !!!!I kept asking me -because ???

To me and his father (also type 1 diabetic since he was 20), he is costing us a little.She is fine, is happy, continues to do the same as before but with the responsibility that this disease carries.

I have been reading for a few days and I have done very well because you have clarified some doubts.

Thank you very much for reading me :)

Elena and Jùlia

Elejulia's profile photo
Elejulia
02/12/2016 9:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome and a lot of encouragement !!!!
You have made me relive just the same thing that happened to me eight months ago, with the only difference that my daughter was 13 years old, and nobody from the Pacedía Diabetes family, everything was a new world ....

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
02/12/2016 9:56 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Elejulia many times many times the family has worse that we suffer from it ... I say it for my experience ... I start to get bad with 18 years and shortly before the 19 diagnosed me ... it was very hardBut accept it very well.But for my parents it was ... Puuuuff and yet my mother blames each other.But the fault is no no one, it was something that was predestined to live.And well taking care of yourself, you can lead a good life.Many greetings and encouragement for the family and for Julia !!!

mariamarquez's profile photo
mariamarquez
02/12/2016 10:23 a.m.

I believe that parents had a worse than the diabetics themselves, hehehe .... I have not cost me the disease for more than 20 years, but when they diagnosed my son, I believed that I was dying, it is curious asWe behave parents .... Echo hurts me much more my son's diabetes that ultimately I do not suffer than mine, that if I suffer it.

Now there are many advances that make our lives easier, and they sell diabetic food in almost all supermarkets, to see if they continue to advance and invent something to not have to crush our fingers, that bothers me more than putting the putting on theinsulin.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
02/12/2016 11:11 a.m.

Hi @elejulia, it has happened to you exactly like us, the super good girl with 6 year she has and see her put the insulin hersWhat do you?.But after all I encourage me alone telling me that there are worse things and it is true that many spirits.

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
02/12/2016 11:35 a.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

Hello @elejulia !!Welcome to the forum, you'll see how much you learn here.My son was also diagnosed with 10 years and was very hard at the beginning and still still.Especially when you have to fight for not doing things well, that is super hard.But he is right @Anzazuleg they are made before us and give us lessons, like the one that gave me the day that I wonder what super power I would like to have and I told him to cure to heal the diabetes, and you know what he told me, that I would look for another better than he was going to have a healthier life than the others, that it was not so bad to be diabetic ...

Enma's profile photo
Enma
02/12/2016 12:42 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

@elejulia, a lot of encouragement, you are making it great, you see that your daughter is a champion and with your attitude you are helping him a lot.I understand you very well and I send you my support.A hug>: d <

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
02/12/2016 1:17 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Thank you very much for your mood, the truth is that it takes a lot !!!!!.
I will continue here because I love readers and I will put doubts for sure they will arise.

Elejulia's profile photo
Elejulia
02/12/2016 3:18 p.m.

Hello.I carry it super good, but I am going to lie so bad that I get to lose to memory needs the help of 6 months. Why did you only say and why?Thanks to God I have better it already is 22 years old although I have scared that I have a girl with 13 and has paperwork to have her brother with diabetes.

Carmen67's profile photo
Carmen67
02/12/2016 4:41 p.m.

My girl started with 5 years. Without no one in the family. For parents it is a drama. Children adapt better, especially now with fast, which can eat everything.
Before it was more difficult, and the nights, with that insulin NPH .., I do not want to remember ..
21 years have passed and now it's all much easier.
And we will continue advancing in much better treatments.
Do not hurry them to put the insulin. When they want and feel prepared.
Welcome to the forum!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/12/2016 7:35 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Regina is all reason with that insulin was orrible.

Carmen67's profile photo
Carmen67
02/12/2016 9:03 p.m.

Hello!Sara debuted with 2 and a half years.A year ago and is not yet well controlled ..
Now we have put the freestyle, (Aranzazuleg does not have to click on your fingers and you see the evolution of glucose).Let's see what endocrine can tell us in the next control ....
Carmen67, we also have a 5 -year -old girl.From what you have said, it is more likely and fasteners than others?Telling that the father is also diabetic.
Thanks for being there

mogi's profile photo
mogi
02/13/2016 6:49 a.m.

Hello Mogi, my son's endocrine told me that his sister had many ballots but that he did not have to pass those were his words.Boy with the girl No. A kiss and a lot of patience because Dias Uff.

Carmen67's profile photo
Carmen67
02/13/2016 4:38 p.m.

Hello, I have another 5 year old girl and I asked the endocrine if she could have diabetes one day and told me that just like Julia 10% so she only remains to cross her fingers and put a candle.
All the best

Elejulia's profile photo
Elejulia
02/14/2016 8:37 p.m.

Elejulia The truth schenses if we will cross your fingers a kiss

Carmen67's profile photo
Carmen67
02/14/2016 8:49 p.m.

If it serves as comfort, most of the type I do not have diabetic brothers and in most occasions we are the only family, parents, uncles, cousins ​​without diabetes.
Yes, it is true that when the father or mother is diabetic there are more ballots but it is a non -herrditary genetic ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/14/2016 9:30 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Gala Thank you, although the truth is if I know in two families two cousins ​​brothers but in short it is something that we cannot remedy only that it is a little more alert because we already know the symptoms.

Carmen67's profile photo
Carmen67
02/14/2016 9:36 p.m.

There are casis, but they are the least

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/14/2016 10:09 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

For now Iago and a cousin of my husband are the only ones in the family with type 1 diabetes. The truth I tell you that I do not overwhelm myself thinking that my other child can be diabetic, nor my nephews.It seems to me that it would be to be distressed without the need for it.If they are we will face it ....

Enma's profile photo
Enma
02/15/2016 11:06 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Thank you @gala, it comforts me a lot.I have another 10 -year -old girl, and I have panic.And Maria would take but who also tubed her sister diabetes, if it happens to her, but see her sister suffer ...

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
02/15/2016 11:17 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.