{'en': 'Impossible to calculate HC', 'es': 'Imposible calcular HC'} Image

Impossible to calculate HC

Jota's profile photo   11/24/2016 7:41 p.m.

Hello everyone

I would like to know how you calculate the rations in canned products.I am thinking, for example, a can of cooked lentils.I am a little lost.

Thank you.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
11/24/2016 7:41 p.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

Hi Jota
All canned products should carry the nutritional information, where the HDC tells you for every 100 grams of product, or per unit (which refers to the entire boat), with that you should be able to calculate according to the amount you put

Antonio Alarcon's profile photo
Antonio Alarcon
11/24/2016 8:43 p.m.

DM3
Padre de Javier, 14 años, DM1 desde Mayo 2016

A little humor

Pinkunicorn's profile photo
Pinkunicorn
11/24/2016 9:06 p.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Lantus 23 UI 14h ahora probando Toujeo 28 UI 14h
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

I calculate it by the 1000 rule, I look at the nutritional information table that would have to come in all packaged products, I look at the amount of HC per 100gr.And I do this 1000/(gr of HC per 100gr) = to the grams of product that are a regulation.
Example A product X You go to the Nutritional Information Table and you see the GR of HC that have 100gr of product and puts 20gr.
1000/20 = 50gr, that is to say that every 50 gr of product is a ration of HC.If you eat 150gr you are eating 3 rations.

Note This is considering that 1 HC ration are 10grams.
Because there is what considers that 1 RAC are 15gr

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
11/24/2016 9:12 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Well, it is the rule of three fast;)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/25/2016 2:11 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If one of three fast, the thousand rule is what the nutritionist said to explain it, but he told us that it was a rule of three simple or fast as you have said.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
11/25/2016 1:19 p.m.

Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
28/07/2021-> 6.4

I also use the rule of three of a lifetime ...
@Jota, why don't you put a photo of any label that do not clarify and among all we help you?

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/25/2016 2:35 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Thank you all to answer.

Good.My problematic case: I took a can of precooked lentils several times and it was fatal.According to the label, in 100g = 7.6 Hc .Okay.I did the rule that @"samozeus" indicates: 1000/7.6 = 126´5 (it would be a ration) .If the can has 400g , for the rule of three that has also been mentioned, there would be a total of 3 servings.But, unfortunately, I put the amount of insulin that I always wear and it was fatal.Something I did badly.Or maybe the one who doesn't work is me.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
11/28/2016 6:55 p.m.

You have tried the glass to measure ractions
Link cad = rja & amp; uact = 8 & amp; ved = 0ahkewj5ky6chszqahwk5xokhx2Obrgqjrwibw & amp; URL = http%3a%2f%2fwww.bajardepeSoyadelgazar.com%2fdieta-por-de-de-500-calorias-con-con-vaso-vaso-d -Bayer-Clinic%2f & amp; psig = AFQJCNHA-CDVOQYFVCMRWLCRU_IPG-OHQ & AMP; UST = 1480442970662856 "STYLE =" MAX-WIDTH: 300PX;

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
11/28/2016 7:12 p.m.

Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
28/07/2021-> 6.4

@Jota, the rule of three is well done, there are 30.4 g of HC the 400 g of lentils.

The fact that it does not work may be due to so many uncontrollable factors, which is why I think that only mathematics to measure insulin units that one is placed is not adequate.The experience, the accumulated wisdom that is not conscious, and the one that is conscious but cannot be put in numbers, works much better (when one already takes a time of self -knowledge and experience, of course) than mathematicsbareback.
I do not measure anything, I do not weight, I do everything in a "intuitive" way, which is always settled in something that cannot be explained with the rational part of the brain (by the way, much less evolved than our emotional part, and that it isIncapaz - the rational - to make adequate decisions when there are more than four or five variables at play).Yes, I support myself when I know the portions that you have something like daily, and suddenly change.But for example with the lentils, I have ever taken a can, and I simply put it on the plate and compare quantity with the dishes that as homemade.In addition, my body also knows when I have eaten enough or when I am giving it more.They also influence, as it puts in other threads, fats, the amount of fiber that accompanies, etc.(And I don't add more factors, that there are, because this mother would get out)

What would I do if I want to continue eating that can you comment?Well, find the right insulin amount.And when you eat that can put one thing and when you eat other lentils, inject another ... it is a matter of flexibility;When you walk around, to a restaurant, or at some friends ... you don't know what amounts of HC they put.So the common ojimeter, so disgusted, is much more effective than mathematics.To me mathematics when I have followed them, they have pulverized me (to give an example, the same HC in an integral bread that in a target, give me a totally different result).Because there are many things that we cannot control, although we intend to have everything controlled.

That is a malazo?Yes, but it is.If there is someone to whom the story and mathematics in this are great, I'm glad and follow them.If there is someone to whom they do not have to look for other ways.

There is much overwhelmed with this measuring and measuring and measuring ... and that's why all this roll has come out.It is about assuming that everything cannot be measured and controlled, and make the adjustments in another way.

A good benefit with lentils (cans are support when one does not feel like cooking, but homemade are much better: P)

imara's profile photo
imara
11/28/2016 7:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much for answering.

I understand what you say, @(imara), because I also think that, but I get frustrated because, overnight everything has changed;It's like birth again, to learn everything in life.I am spending a period in which I need a lot of control, and I grab mathematics to have some hope, but, for now, I feel hopeless.But, well, everything happens ... as they say.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
11/28/2016 9:14 p.m.

As the calculation has told you, it is well done.The problem is that in diabetes mathematics does not work.As Imara has told you, you will have to see how much insulin you need for that type of lentils, and always taking into account that although today it works for you, it may not.As Valencians that we are the paella is usual at home, because until now my daughter took her and we did not see anything out of the ordinary, because for a while she needs almost double insulin that was put before, every time she like Paella.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/28/2016 10 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

It is also that the lentils are of those treacherous foods that their sour glycemic peak hours after having eaten them.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
11/29/2016 10:07 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Better experience.He points and you know for the next one.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/29/2016 8:02 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@"Jota", what you say also happens to me, we grab us what we can when we feel that things stagger to such an extent that we fall ... but I have realized that grabbing so as not to lose foot at all at all meIt does well, but knowing how fragile they are all the grips, knowing that nothing is controllable as our mind would like, because life is actually uncertainty.
Well, encouragement, that we go up and there are moments of great leave and we overwhelm, yes ... :-)

@"Luvi", lentils ask me much less insulin than paste, for example, and they don't give me spikes.Rather I have to be careful not to give me a low.So the usual: a world in each person, and among all we li:-p

imara's profile photo
imara
12/01/2016 3:55 p.m.

The lentils in my case and I suppose that because of the topic IG does not make me peak, rather the opposite, as I neglect I see myself in Hicm.I usually add sausage, bacon ... we are going fat so that I get close and do not get down very fast.
On one occasion I bought a can of the preparations and I do not know if they will be the same, but the rations out there.It was to eat and before finishing a good hypo that also kept for a long time, let's end up with the dessert cocacola.I have eaten again on some occasion, I even put less insulin, but it is hard for me to avoid hypo, I don't know if they are precooked also influences.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
12/01/2016 4:29 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Yes, the lentils are very slow and keep a lot. We have to eat them a lot.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/01/2016 7:42 p.m.

ani's profile photo
ani
12/01/2016 8:25 p.m.

@Regina This is like everything, I speak from my experience, but each one is a world!If I talk about rice, the opposite happens to me, I am not able to avoid the climb, until I try to mix it hahaha whenever I do not pass from rice it is worth nothing, but we go ... you have to eat everything !!

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
12/02/2016 2:46 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Hello everyone.

It has been a while and I can assure that the error was not mine by calculating HC rations, but, apparently, I need another totally different amount of insulin by ration.I still have to confirm with the doctor, but everything indicates that it is.Because?Well, I have no pajolera idea.It is happening to me since I moved to work, a month and a half ago: I saw totally incredible values.I did not give much importance because it could be due to stress, a new climate, etc.But after a month I am already seeing that the thing does not return to normal and I fear that all the values ​​it used (aid, resopone, insulin by ration ...) They no longer serve me.Right now I am analyzing in detail how each food affects me (it was born again). But what worries me the most is that I am needing high insulin levels (for example: to lower 100 units I would need 7 or 8 novorapid units, without eating) .This morning I had coffee with milk with saccharin and 3 cookies and I have set 13 novorapid units.

I am quite worried.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
12/13/2016 5:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.