{'en': 'Medtronic 640g', 'es': 'Medtronic 640G'} Image

Medtronic 640g

Chimo's profile photo   02/08/2016 7:51 p.m.

Good afternoon,

After much suffering and fighting with the medical staff that treats me (which is certainly a charm), they have already given me date to start the insulin bomb.

We have opted for the Medtronic 640g and I need your help:

Does anyone have any manual that can happen to me to throw an eye?
What are your bomb opinions?
Is glucose sensors recommended?

THANKS THANKS TO ALL !!!!!

Chimo's profile photo
Chimo
02/08/2016 7:51 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1. HG 7,3. Abril de 2016 Bomba Minimed 640G

Hi @chimo, my daughter has just changed their previous bomb model for the new 640, the instructions are very long but I will try to scan this weekend if I can

luciana's profile photo
luciana
02/08/2016 8:38 p.m.

Lucia, 12 años en tratamiento con bomba de insulina desde los 7

With regard to the bomb my opinion is totally favorable, instead I have noxperience with the sensor

luciana's profile photo
luciana
02/08/2016 8:39 p.m.

Lucia, 12 años en tratamiento con bomba de insulina desde los 7

chimo said:
good afternoon:
After much suffering and fighting with the medical staff that treats me (which is certainly a charm), they have already given me date to start the insulin bomb.
We have opted for the Medtronic 640g and I need your help:

Does anyone have any manual that can happen to me to throw an eye?
What are your bomb opinions?
Is glucose sensors recommended?

Thank you all !!!!!.

I get a lot that you have achieved @chimo I am in Castilla-La Mancha and it is the one that would correspond to me ... if they authorized me.I will insist and insist, every time I see that it makes me more missing: much difference in basal needs between morning and afternoon and meteoric descents just run.

There is a User Group of the Medtronic 640 on Facebook, the bad (as always) is that it is in English.If you are interested, I tell you what the group is.

PS: To continue with the tape, don't stop, continue ... :-)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/08/2016 8:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

But without sensors you cannot take advantage of the advantage it has over other pumps that it is disconnected alone when the sugar goes down or start again when it detects that it goes up this is how the previous Medtronic or any of another of another brand

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/08/2016 8:57 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Yes, @gala, the ideal is to have it with the continuous measurement system, the pump with the sensors must be the pump, hehehe

The only bad thing is that getting them to put it is very difficult and sensors are paid is a very big difficulty for most people.The system is the most expensive of all who exist right now although there are people who have increased a few days the useful life of the sensors

DiabetesForo
02/08/2016 9:15 p.m.

Hallucinated is little.In no time 3 people answer me !!!
Thank you very much Luciana, but I don't want you to hit the Paizon scanning, I bring it to home and start to struggle.You already keep me informed of how Peke is doing.
Joseludi, I'm going to say about you, thanks friend a big hug and here you have me for what you need.
Gala, you are absolutely right, my educator will facilitate a sensor to be able to try 100% how the bomb works, it cost me a little taking them out but nobody can endure more than 10 minutes and in the end they give up.
My wife endured 11 jijiji
Thank you all and I promise to track the pot in case anyone is interested.

Chimo's profile photo
Chimo
02/08/2016 9:16 p.m.

@joseludi but if you do not use it with the sensors I do not see any advantage, it is more is the one that I like since it is the largest compared to the animas or the accu chek or that of ancient Medtronic.

I have also tried the Enlite (I only have to try the Navigator II) and the sensors last 3 days, sortable to 6 and the sensor comes to € 90, and it hooks more than the Dexcom.
I hope that the next animas, which is compatible with the DEXCOM

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/08/2016 9:47 p.m.

gala said:
@Joseludi but if you do not use it with the sensors I do not see any advantage, it is more is the one that I like least since it is the largest compared to the animas or theaccu chek or that of ancient Medtronic.

I have also tried the Enlite (I only have to try the Navigator II) and the sensors last 3 days, sortable to 6 and the sensor comes to € 90, and it hooks more than the Dexcom.
I hope that the next animas, which is compatible with the DEXCOM to take out the same automatic detention system as the 640g

@Gala is that if you live they have a contract with a certain mark, if you get them to give the pump you can already find a song in your teeth, you prefer to have a bomb not to have any

Right now a pump is almost indispensable with continuous measurement and if it is connected and controls the pump much better (unless you want to be riding your fingers every day)

I can't speak from pump experience because I have never had, the Medtronic uses other sensors that I think they last 6 or 7 days that there are people who have managed to get them more time.Do you use your pump?

DiabetesForo
02/08/2016 10:53 p.m.

@joseludi, no, I am in it, that's why I have shocked all lies bombs that have been available in Spain, my endo, as I know I am not very convinced to carry a bomb, (he has been encasquenando 4 years) not because I do not see the advantagesWhat I have, what I think, if not because I don't know where to put it without it noticed, that it will look like a fool and very superficial but I do care.He told me to choose the one I like will do to get it.
The MCG that goes with the 640g, is the elite, which is the one that I say above that lasts 3 days expandable to 6 and that comes out for € 90, € 220 per month, you have to sign a count with Medtronic, to me this MCGI didn't like anything when I tried it

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/08/2016 11:01 p.m.

Well, if you don't want it, Pa Mi !!!

The sensor's life is 6 days
Link

Here is the promotion:

Link

What does not fit me are the sensors that enter, they are 50 in total and assuming that they would last 6 days you would have 300 days of sensors a year. What happens with the 2 months and 5 days that the sensors do not arrive?Have you told you anything?

Although I imagine that you are aware of everything

DiabetesForo
02/08/2016 11:17 p.m.

@joseludi, I tried the Enlite 1 that was 3 days and extended to 6, for what I see, now the 6 lasts 6 days and some more will be stretched, I do not think they are ptros 6 but surely 3 if and from there the days will come out untilFinish the year.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/08/2016 11:42 p.m.

@Gala but if they say they are 6 days they cannot consider that life can be extended through triquiñuelas.If there are 6 days are 6 days.And what happens if any sensor fails you?

DiabetesForo
02/09/2016 7:14 a.m.

@joseludi, how early!
It is the same with the Dexcom and the annual subscription, they sell you 28 sensors for a year, the year is 52 weeks, it would not arrive because Dexcom says they last a week, but they know that they are normally 2.
If a sensor fails you, they change it the same as Dexcom

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/09/2016 7:38 a.m.

You also @Gala, hehehe I did not know about Dexcom.

I am leaving for the work that was late :-)

DiabetesForo
02/09/2016 8:07 a.m.

Hi @chimo, @joseludi, @gala ;;) .. My daughter has been a couple of months for the Medtronic 640 g.In our case we do not have the integrated sensor function activated, since that part is not covered by Social Security and even with promotion and everything is impossible to assume.The bomb is very easy to handle and then learn to program it and put parameters.The reservoir filling system and TMBN catheter change is very simple although I imagine that all, the truth is that it is the first one I have seen.That said, I wanted to tell you that my daughter is having many problems with the catheters, you document you well about the types that are and insist until you find those who go better and do not give you problems-o are minimal-of acodes, obstructions and bubbles.This is the most important thing, make sure the infusion team goes perfectly.From there, have patience to adjust the bomb to your parameters and your lifestyle and ahead.When the bomb goes well and you know how to drive it very well.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
02/09/2016 8:19 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Thanks @Ainhoa, if that is very important because there is not everyone doing well

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/09/2016 8:24 a.m.

I tell you the contract that says that a year is a full -fledged scam, to start there are 200 more VAT per month, and to end as Joseludi says there are sensors and each box costs about € 300 that someone determines the price.There is a way to extend the sensors but not as reliable and real as it is done with Dexcom.
Be careful that in the end comes more expensive than the Dexcom.
And referring to another topic that worries me a lot because I am seeing it for many places and it gives me anger that happens to my classmates and not being able to help is the issue of bubbles and the elbows of the catheters.
Sometimes they say that bubbles are formed by human heat, I say that lies, I have the animas and hotter than I there is no one and they are not formed, and the elbows in the cateters are struck because their manufacture is not correct, inAnimas does not happen either, I do not say that it is the best but I say that in manufacture it is the best.I feel a complete impotence when many people ask me and I don't know what the problem is.
They had to put the batteries with these matters because many people suffer and not little for these nonsense.I am a bomb defender but be careful with these issues.
What is clear that the users of these brands that form bubbles what they have to do is give the fuck continuously and not let them live because for what they charge health for the fungible material is for them to do what they have to do to fix to fixThis already once.
Monica de la Tendadadiabetes that is always on top of these issues helping has put some tips to avoid bubbles, but many people continue to go out, it is not the 100 % effective remedy

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/09/2016 10:19 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@jconegar = D> totally agree with everything

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
02/09/2016 11:21 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

@jconegar a query that I wanted to do: with the MTB do you carry the bomb?Because it panic and break it.And I am regular to the trunk with the bike

Chimo's profile photo
Chimo
02/09/2016 9:07 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.