{'en': 'My child 5 years 14 kg 30 days with M1 diabetes', 'es': 'Mi niño 5 años 14 kg 30 días con diabetes M1'} Image

My child 5 years 14 kg 30 days with M1 diabetes

DiabetesForo's profile photo   12/26/2016 3:14 a.m.

tammy Santin said:
There are no educators, simply if I have any doubt he answers me by email but we are weighing and fast .. without much contemplation.

That nonsense that today leave a diabetic like that.
It is true that it happens and not only to you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/27/2016 10:48 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Well, it is a nonsense @"jconegar", especially being a small child.I remember that the first thing I thought when I left the hospital was ... Wua, and give us all this responsibility as well as "crazy"?They release us with these bolis that are a medication and a weapon apart from the same to the ring ... I left without seeing the educator also or 1 time, so that then if I had it and a very close endocrine too.Anyway, you better not think about these things.
@"Tammy Santin" I leave you here a table that came very well to take it daily and point.There are many out there, and they usually give free chardernillos, but the truth is that I look for this and it came better because it is the most space to aim everything in conditions.I printed a porrón and it was very helpful.I have not found the original again, so I had to scan one of mine, I hope it looks good.
I also leave you what was and remains my other Bible (although I think I was already in some link that I put before), which is the table of the FundacionDiabetes.org where most classified foods appear, with the number of grams that correspondto a ration of HC in each, and its glycemic index (the fast or slow one that is processed by the organism and turned into glucose for the enjoyment of the body): Link

I hope they serve you something.And I see that the cake went well, I'm glad!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
12/27/2016 11:06 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

I try to read a lot and soak information but there are things that escape like insulin times and hydrates ... ratios and others ... I feel guilty for not knowing how to take care of it ... I have given me 2 books, one of rationsAnd another sport and they have left me alone in the face of danger with the risks that that entails and scarce information ... tells me to prove that it goes down and thus all the holy days!In the end I will have no choice about the one that has fallen for us to leave my other daughter of one year and go to another city where they control the child and advise me.Sad but true ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/27/2016 11:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"MIEXRON" THANK YOU Tomorrow, print a few !!!!
If I also look at the Diabetes.org Foundation, I always try to give it the most slow absorption Ig ... the cake went well because the poor piece gave a tiny piece !!!It is still very soon to play with these things and more when I still don't handle myQ has better blood glucose at night, until I see it "well" I am not able to fall asleep and that entails riddling his fingers: (|)
But from the abrupt drop to 43 I don't live !!!He ate and in a matter of an hour and a half gave him that piece of hip!(According to the pediatrician, everything is the fault of the honeymoon, so as not to vary ...)

DiabetesForo
12/27/2016 11:55 p.m.

He is screwed and more being your little one, but do not overwhelm that you are doing well!You are informing, learning and giving everything.What looks like a world soon will not seem so much and you will have more than dominated you will see!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
12/28/2016 12:22 a.m.

Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

Maximum uncontrol ... I don't know what can be, take your rations as always and put the same insulin ...
Will it be the Lantus thing?

DiabetesForo
12/31/2016 5:11 p.m.

Pff, they can be a thousand things.Thus, I wouldn't blame the Lantus to blan out, if you keep putting the same.Although being so few units the same if when putting it a little comes out, it can already get a little out of control.
But from what I usually see the peaks coincide with meals, right?Removing the night, that if the hyper lasted a little, but well I ended up going down (and quite) and without correcting right?So in the end the Lantus was there.
I do not, also days of Russian mountains are not rare, and I suppose that in children it is even more frequent.

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
12/31/2016 7:08 p.m.

I have to seriously ask myself to ask for a second opinion .. This is very rare ... it turns out that when putting the insulin before eating it lowers the mogollón (it takes a half hour to eat) and the other day I made a hiccup at half an hour of eating, without sport with no way because yes.I gave him half a cookie and did not recover, he continued to go down and in the end the time of the dreaded juice was ... 4 drinks and the result a hyper!Other times he eats and does not happen or.To get it out of home ... it is or 50 or 300 I have another small girl to which I cannot attend because having asymptomatic hypos I have to be attached to the 24h ... and when it is high managing them to do a little... I cook everything apart, heavy to the fullest ... I don't know what I'm failing ..
As for the night is what happens best of the day .. as soon as the day begins and we put novorapid begins the torture from top to bottom .. and so on every day.At night I did not correct, it only "gives me permission" before meals ...
Anyway, happy year for those who have it !!!!

DiabetesForo
12/31/2016 9:22 p.m.

That honeymoon may be giving a lot of can, sometimes the pancreas works and sometimes not.
It may also be that with such small doses there are many variations, because it cannot be refined so much.Poense them all with syringe, which is the most accurate.
And correct with average, when it is tall, you don't need to run.
Let's see if you win a little weight and get easier.
When he leaves the honeymoon, you will see it because he need more and more insulin.
Do not expect more than 10 min to eat, they can give you hypos.The rapid peak is at the hour and a half.
Little by little..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/01/2017 2:46 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

When correcting with half unity for example at night, would you be given something to eat?Or just insulin?
For what I can observe, it goes down 10 minutes to put it on ... I don't know if it will be because it is very sensitive or because your pancreas still works at times ..

DiabetesForo
01/01/2017 3:50 a.m.

@"Tammy santin", the fast novo at 15 minutes begins to act, do not wait so much to eat, the day that has given the descent shortly of the food, almost certainly it is because I have entered the insulin before the insulin that theFood, and then bouncing when giving more HC to recover the hypo.You have joined 3 things, the food that was still there, what you have given and that insulin was already beginning to disappear.
It controls the times of insulin and if food is of faster or slower absorption, I think I already told you, if it is fine before eating and it is slow ones that will eat for example legume, milk, yogourt .. PinAfter eating because the insulin will take effect before the food and down to song

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/01/2017 4:06 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Ok, I will do so although I have tried to give half of the food and it makes me uploads .. which seems to be low down ...
Well, I think I have already spoiled it today because ceno spaghetti, natural yogurt bread and fruit
And I put it before ...
On top of the bathroom in my leg and the pinch has resurrected to the 5 seconds and it has left insulin to outside ... Let's go from championship, when it is not one is another !!!
I usually give everything slow ... the truth schens

DiabetesForo
01/01/2017 9:34 p.m.

And less bad that I have not listened to the doctor who paute me always put it half an hour before meals ..

DiabetesForo
01/01/2017 9:37 p.m.

Well, it is the issue of glycemic index.The fruit is quite fast in general, depending on which more or less.The potato is fast fried and in pure, somewhat less cooked and baked is supposed ... fat usually makes absorption delay, or extending digestion, or 2 things.In general, everything that is to add fiber, delays a bit, and the less there are fiber, because faster ... but that in a very general way
That is why they usually recommend eating the fruit with skin and others (the one that can be eh, we are not going to eat the skin of the tangerine or watermelon :)))
You will take the trick, and it is also rehearsal and error, with the theme of the newspaper you will see those things and say, today I put it before or after pq it will eat this and it is so much ... but well, what you can, perfection is unattainable, and mathematics does not always work, so don't overwhelm!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
01/01/2017 10:45 p.m.

I understand you perfectly how you feel.My son debuted in September 2016 with 5 years and is horrible.You don't understand anything, you have been in the body in the body, but in this little time I have learned to take it easy.More than anything for my son, that they notice everything.It is very difficult to carry perfect control, because what works one day, the other does not work.The first months I thought I went crazy, I hardly left him or move, he punctured him at all hours, ... until I realized that I could not continue like this, he is a child to play.If your endocrine does not convince you, look for another one, more than anything for you to stay quieter.

Shila's profile photo
Shila
01/29/2017 11:17 a.m.

Why haven't you prescribed insulin threeiba?It is much more stable, does not produce peaks and is only necessary an injection per day, its effect lasts 48 hours although it must be applied every 24. Ask the endocrine for it.With insulin Tresiba and then novorapid after the intakes would be better controlled.

tammy santin said:
Maximum uncontrol ... I don't know what can be, take its rations as always and put the same insulin ...
Will it be the Lantus thing?

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
01/29/2017 5:38 p.m.

In type I diabetes there is nothing insulin by the pancreas, your child's immune system has destroyed these cells.Diabetes is an autoimmune disease.The body is not like a clock, even if you do the same every day, the same dose and the same food have different effects from one day to another depending on many factors.

tammy santin said:
When you correct with half unity for example at night, would you be given something to eat?Or just insulin?
For what I can observe, it goes down 10 minutes to put it on ... I don't know if it will be because it is very sensitive or because your pancreas still works at times ..

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
01/29/2017 5:40 p.m.

dunah said:
In type I diabetes there is nothing insulin by pancreas, your child's immune system has destroyed these cells.Diabetes is an autoimmune disease.The body is not like a clock, even if you do the same every day, the same dose and the same food have different effects from one day to another depending on many factors.

tammy santin said:
When you correct with half unity for example at night, would you be given something to eat?Or just insulin?

In honeymoon there is still pancreatic reserve, hence the piece of lack of control that if it already has a hard time fighting a little bad dining room and the disease also has to do it with its pancreas until it stops working and ends its honeymoon.

DiabetesForo
01/29/2017 8:57 p.m.

@"Tammy Santin", when you correct, you don't need to give it anything, as long as you know the correction dose.You have to find it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/30/2017 1:36 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello @"tammy santin", a year ago I was more or less like you, my daughter when I debuted I was 11 years old, it is not the same age but they are still children.
We were admitted to 4 days and there they taught us (more or less) as this illness was going.The truth and now that a year has passed that what they teach you is never quite enough, the time is the one that teaches you to control and go doing.
At first I was very nervous, everything weighed everything, now I am more relaxed and I leave that she also participates and tells the portions.

One of the things that always repeat me when I go to the endocrine or the educator is that the dose of insulin must always vary it if for three days followed before the food, breakfast, snack and dinner, it has high values.
For example:
DAY 1 FOOD 180 (on an empty stomach)
day 2 food 200 (on an empty stomach)
DAY 3 FOOD 160 (on an empty stomach)
at 4 day yes or if you have to augment 1 more doses and wait to see what happens.
And so go until you control it (quite difficult but ...)

You already knew it but just in case ...

Many kisses and take care of your little prince !!!

Elena and Julia

Elejulia's profile photo
Elejulia
01/30/2017 11:08 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.