{'en': 'My child 5 years 14 kg 30 days with M1 diabetes', 'es': 'Mi niño 5 años 14 kg 30 días con diabetes M1'} Image

My child 5 years 14 kg 30 days with M1 diabetes

DiabetesForo's profile photo   12/26/2016 3:14 a.m.

A month ago (damn month) that my child was diagnosed with diabetes mellitus 1 debut with 595 and 16 days of hospital admission where they discharged me with a book and no information.

I am sunk and lost, I need help ... I tell you a little to see what you think .. (supposed honeymoon period) It has been two days ago hypoglycemia after all meals I have lowered yesterday 0.5 of breakfast and food and we continue the same...

It arrives under meals (having to decrease 0.5 because it reaches below 80) and after eating is still low ..

And then in the afternoon quite high.This afternoon, for example, 340 I made him throw a couple of races and went down at 202 and then rose again to snack (logical).Then he arrived with 90s at dinner and at the hour and a half of dinner 73.

I have noticed that if it moves a little around the house, it goes down a lot, in a matter of 10 minutes low 100 and peak quietly, I mean that I cannot let it do normal life ... eat its rations well and fast since it has a good appetite in spiteof losing weight ...

The endo that before night hyperglycemia has told me nothing, sisi, nothing, unless the acetone rises.This is so?

Its sensitivity index is in 210 per unit and we are with:
2 lantus tomorrow
2 Novorapid breakfast
2 Novorapid food
1.5 Novorapid Cena

In all I have to decrease 0.5 because it arrives under and yet after eating is still low.

It has two or 3 goals a day plus an afternoon climb, I am lost, I thought that going down quickly would be better .....

The last hypo was 43 are asymptomatic, sometimes nothing is sweetened .. This strong last was already half asleep ...

I do not know what to do, I have the fingers riddled with the fear I have ... I'm going to ask for patches on Tuesday to see if they help ...

When it is fair or low before I sleep I give half a glass of milk with stevia and decaffeinated and I get a lot ...

It is crazy, or we are in 50 or 340.

Aid!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/26/2016 3:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Breakfast: 3.5 r
Mid -morning: 2 R
Food: 5 r
Snack: 2 r
Dinner: 4.5 r

DiabetesForo
12/26/2016 3:17 a.m.

Cheer up!I can't help you much because I'm a rookie two weeks ago with a two -year -old girl but I understand what you're going through, it's crazy!We have to be strong for them!

T1d's profile photo
T1d
12/26/2016 10:48 a.m.

@"Tammy Santin", why don't you try to lower the lantus?When we are low all day it is usually a matter of the basal

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/26/2016 11:17 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Just debuted usually begins and a "honeymoon" that decreases the nesting insulin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/26/2016 12:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Phew.I think the most worrying thing is that they would not give you any info, more than the book.Will you have quotes with the educator or something is not?It is essential that they teach you well with the children and that you understand 100% the disease to know how to react as well as possible.
Inform how to go to the educator if you have no appointment and to empayar.
At the moment for what you say I agree that it may be that the high lantus, and more if it has entered the honeymoon.But it is best to consult with the endo.
Be careful to make it run to lower glucose if it is very high, if you exercise PPR above 250 you could create ketones.
Do you give you integral things and other slow hydrates to last longer?
Patience and animos!Surely you have dominated soon

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
12/26/2016 1:11 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

Snack without making you fast?If so, the afternoon increases are due to that.
The hyperglycemia of the night would have to treat them by raising lantus, but adjusting with half units.
When my daughter debuted with 5 years, there were no half units, I had to invent, against the endocrine ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/26/2016 2:07 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

This is a total madness ... I have an appointment on the 28th, but they do not explain anything to you.The child eats and shortly after eating his strictly heavy rations, he is going down so I modify the rapid half -unit but then shoot at 300 ... I do not give it controlled, what a frustration !!!
Integral I have not given him, he eats paste and normal rice.
The lantus scares me down because I climb my night and they have told me that before a climb does nothing, just control the ketones ... for the food I guided me for a little book that they have given me where I oriento with gramsand rations.
I didn't even explain how to use hypokit glycogen ... He prescribed it to me and told me that if I was unconscious, I would punish it quickly .. I am so afraid and so many doubts ... It is normal that in half an hour I lower him 90 when he approachesThe time of dinner having crossed well?Sche sometimes does not give time to heat the comidate !!!

DiabetesForo
12/26/2016 10:07 p.m.

Yes, 2 R snack without insulin

DiabetesForo
12/26/2016 10:08 p.m.

I do not understand very well about endocrine and their medical-commercial criteria.For what I am reading in the last post with little cries.The truth is that I do not understand anything, if those insulins already have any stability in adults, in children I do not want to tell you.There are 2 new basal insulins (Tresiba and Toujeo) more stable and flat or at least more stable and flat than Lantus and NPH I do not know if they do not want to catch their fingers or is very studied in children because they are very recent but eat it to yourendocrine.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/26/2016 10:35 p.m.

Well at least the 28 is soon, but what fabric ... cnd go squeezes to the top and that you explain all your doubts, and tell them you want more appointments for the educator, even if they do not know how they will do there.
Surely he has entered the honeymoon, which is the period during which the pancreas "works again" partially and for a while.That is why you may need some less insulin.If he lowers him a lot after each meal, he tries to give him a little more, if the child can eat it very clearly ... the integral what he does is that he rises slower, he has less peak.
That if it is normal that in half an hour I downloaded 90 ... man is complicated that it is normal, but I would say no.But it depends on whether it has moved a lot, that you have eaten, and if we have said now this on honeymoon then ...
It is complicated, there are many things, but do not overwhelm, little by little.The most important thing is that they teach you well and do not give it many declines.If you get a little more about the account, you will learn and correct.But the descents have to have a lot of eye!
The glucagon hopes that you do not have to use, but is injected into the same areas as insulin.
I leave you some reading that I hope it is good for you:
Link

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
12/26/2016 10:38 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

THANK THE TRUTH Schec this is affecting us all!
Right now I ceno a puree of zucchini, carrot and 50 g of potato more bread a natural yogurt and a maria cookie with a novorapid and I already have it in 230 and sure that.Yesterday I ceno pasta with the same insulin and I hit him low .. I understand less and less ... sometimes I think he has plenty of lantus but others seems that he is missing and more of the same with the novorapid ... Every day and every meal isA world !!!
The acetone is always at 0.1 has told me her doctor that if she surpasses 1 she raises the fast at meals but I have read that that is to go to emergency for ketoacidosis .. I do not know ... I send me home with a book andthat he tries to go up and down as if my son were a hamster (with all my respects towards the animal)
On the Lantus at first it was put later it was lowered it then removed it and in the end it was put back when we discharged !!!
On the other hand he gave me an electronic pen that at first I threw for drops and now he throws a jet (it seems that he releases more doses of the frame) I have sent him an email and tells me that it is normal ... I have no I have ...

DiabetesForo
12/26/2016 11:22 p.m.

And while my son slimming more and more, tired, emaciated, white and dark circles ... I don't know how much I can continue seeing it like this

DiabetesForo
12/26/2016 11:23 p.m.

What horror!Oh God what fear!I don't even want to think about my daughter!What fear!

The acetone have not told me that I am measured more ... I do receive formation in the hospital, do you are?DND attend your child?I tb gego visit the 30 and I am going to ask until the last coma, of bombs and the sugar meter told me that I would wait a bit to understand everything well etc but that it would be a second step later ... I will ask for this type InsulinsBasal that you comment ... and the dilute insulinas, everything, your tb asks all tammy, how horror what is emaciated !!:(

T1d's profile photo
T1d
12/26/2016 11:39 p.m.

Anyone coughs the infant endocrine of Cordoba (Joaquin Gomez) often miserable extra suffering for this impression, and not only because of the mixtures of insulins that made us put our baby with the horrible and panic hypoglycemia.Much later we discover that there are other endocrine although not in Cordoba, it is full of disciples of this car.

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
12/27/2016 12:03 a.m.

@"Tammy Santin", apart from counting rations you have to turn on the times of each food, for example, the rice and cooked potato rise much faster than the pasta or that the cooked carrot rises faster than raw.
For example, if I'm going to eat rice I punctuate me a while before xa that coincide the actions of insulin and rice and if I'm going to eat pasta I punctu me after eating if I was fine before I started because it takes me a long time to go up.
Another thing that I do with rice is to eat the 2 dish before rice, if it is free of clear hydrates, that is, hinder the absorption of rice hydrates so that it rises slower because I go like a rocket !!
What are you going up and down and that you play with the insulins I think is the only thing that has done well because that is our day, play with the fast insulins depending on the hunger we have, what we go to eat and whatFigures are before starting, there you have to learn to make changes because your son will take everything he caught and another day is Malillo and he will not want to eat .... It is complicated and this is proof and error.Here we use a phrase a lot: 2 +2 are never 4, to our misfortune ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/27/2016 12:25 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

It weighs the hydrates and points all the controls, which give it food, and the doses of insulin.
At first you have to learn like this.
Do many controls and get conclusions.When you are above 200 you can put half or an insulin unit and measure at the time, to see what goes down.
If you are high when you wake up, you will miss slowly, if you are high after meals, you will miss fast.
You should have an educator and visit the first weeks.
The most important thing now is to avoid hypoglycemia., And adjust insulin little by little.
The electronic pen for a child is not indicated.That give you syringe of half unity.
For hypoglycemia, juices come good.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/27/2016 1:02 a.m.

It has socks but its sensitivity index is high (a unit 240) so it does not let me prick without being before meals, it has told me that it has a large hyper in the snack (not swish) or sleeping does not do anything toLess that I have acetone ... I have asked for a syringe and bottle to put a quarter instead and has refused resounding ... since half it is a lot but if I put it little it is little ...

DiabetesForo
12/27/2016 1:13 a.m.

One thing ... the pen before I got drip or less 3-4 drops for 2 units, since the cartridge changes, I get a jet shot plus two drops and I think it takes more than before although the dose is the dose is thesame ... someone else happens?

DiabetesForo
12/27/2016 1:15 a.m.

They prescribe diluted insulin.With 14 kg you have to have a lot of insulin sensitivity

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/27/2016 4:23 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.