{'en': 'Control glucose doing sports', 'es': 'Controlar la glucosa haciendo deporte'} Image

Control glucose doing sports

estherj's profile photo   01/03/2017 11:28 p.m.

Those who do bodybuilding and use insulin to make more muscle, how does the insulin favor the muscle?

paloma's profile photo
paloma
01/29/2017 1:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well very simple @"pigeon", the physioculturists who injected exogenous insulin (that is, insulin from outside their body) do so to be able to build a greater amount of muscle mass than they could normally naturally.
Imagine that your body is a house in works, and you have 2 masons working.These masons can put 10 touches the time maximum, so for more than you give them they are not going to put them all.However, if you hire a mason more then you could place the 30 in an hour.Therefore all physioculturists who take anabolizing substances (testosterone, growth hormone, insulin) do so with this purpose of building more muscle than normally the body could.
However, the side effects are very dangerous, these people who use exogenous insulin (just like the one who uses testosterone) is played that their own organs stop working since you are already giving the body enough contribution.For example, a physioculturist who abuses insulin can see the ability of his pancreas reduced to act alone.That is why I would never recommend that type's dopping.

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
01/29/2017 5:16 p.m.

Hello, everyone.

Taking advantage of this fantastic thread, I explain my situation with insulin and sport, in this case, cycling, gym, and hiking.

I have type 1 diabetes for more than 30 years, and with insulin I want the first day.
In normal situations I wake up in the morning with a glucose of 120/150 (sometimes he shoots, I know why, hahaha, and others ... I don't know. Things of diabetes.

When I get out of bike (BTT), I don't put any insulin, before leaving, I take 2 portions of hydrates (2 diet zero cookies, and 1 tea) and at 30 minutes I leave the route with a blood glucose of 200 approx.

During the route, I control the level with the diabox on my mobile, which is singing to me glucose, and for 2 hours the glucose maintains, and sometimes it rises.Also, according to the physical wear of the route, after 2h, it begins to lower the glucose to 90 levels, pulling down quickly (I suppose it is a thing of my body) which makes me be vigilant, so that I do not knowGive a hypo (I take some gluco up gel).Thus I have been spending until today, leaving in the morning.

Also tell you that sometimes I have left in the morning being at normal levels (120/50) without eating any hydrates, only with a tea, and the truth is quite well.

Now I consider going out after half -day food, since with the morning temperatures of -3/-5 in my area, the truth is that it does not feel like it, and I seek to go out with a better temperature.

But ... I don't know how to manage hydrates to go after lunch at noon, to go out in adequate conditions for these 45 km + -(approx. 3h).

The situation is;

Do I wear fast insulin, eating what I usually eat normally?

How less HC, without insulin?

How much time in advance should HC eat, with or without insulin before leaving?

At the gym level (strength exercises and some aerobic days) I go with less insulin, 30 gr hc, and I keep quite well for an hour and a half exercise, and I can control it, since I am in a room, and it is easy to stopIn case of a descent.I also see the mobile levels, with Diabox.

Come on, you see it, I have a mess, a lot of mess.

I would like to know about your help to improve.

You will forgive me the sheet that I have left you.

Greetings.

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
01/27/2023 9:37 a.m.

Well, there is my experience: Diagnosed Lada 5 or less.Sport from the age of 30 ... that is more than 30 practicing it.Athletics, cycling, mountain, gym ... every day at least 2 hours between strength and background.The days of bike from 3 to 4 hours that are usually the weekend.

First of all, tell you that food is "low carb".No Taliban but quite controlled.My needs are 17 threeiva in the morning and 3.5+3+2.5 Humalog in each meal.I do not count the hydrates because they are almost always very small and quite similar amounts.My last Glyc has been 5.5.I measure 170 and weight 68 (I have fattened almost 4 kg in the last year).

That said, it happens to me a very curious thing: breakfast at 7:30 am and at 9h 30 'I start my exercise routine.Basically 6 days of strength (1h) and spinning (50 ') more stretching.Well, the gluco rises from 115 that I usually start almost 140 during all the time my exercise lasts.More in the Spinning part.The Findes who (except for the cold) take out the bike on the road, I go all the time without going down from 120/150.When I finish, it is usually set over 110 or less.

Another thing for which I have no answer is that when I make bike routes, except water with mineral salts, my only intake is a protéic bar in the 3h30 to 4 hours that the exercise lasts.I have no hypos or anything similar.I usually finish at 90/100 gluco.

In my case, the sports practice does not lower my gluco while I make an effort.Interestingly, if I do not do it one day, my levels are lower in the hours when I generally train.I understand that what does the exercise is to maintain a more controlled glycate the rest of the day thanks to the exercise.But it is something that I would not know how to give it a scientific explanation.

Added: Interestingly today, I have folded training in the afternoon, I started 140 and after 50 'spinning I finished in 95. This is not those who understand it, but well ... better.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
01/27/2023 1:11 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

I understand that according to your needs:
17 Tresiva in the morning and 3.5+3+2.5 Humalog at each meal, when exercising in general, do you put yourself are same amounts?
It is that I do not know that I put insulin, or not, before making bike after eating.

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
01/27/2023 2:42 p.m.

I take advantage to give you my data:
Before breakfast at 8h 4 a.of Novo Ràpida + 4 a.before half -day food, and at night 26 of Tresiva.

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
01/27/2023 2:52 p.m.

jordiv said:
I understand that according to your needs:
17 Tresiva in the morning and 3.5+3+2.5 Humalog at each meal, when exercising in general, do you put yourself are same amounts?
It is that I do not know that I put insulin, or not, before making bike after eating.

My sport is, except exceptions, always at 9 am.

First thing ... approximately, both three and humalog, then my breakfast and then the exercise

Arse's profile photo
Arse
01/27/2023 3:40 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

And with this guideline, does the glycèmia not descend you very worse?
If I do this, I lower me rapidly at 80/70 levels

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
01/29/2023 4:53 p.m.

I would like.But not.Each body is a world to discover for yourself

Arse's profile photo
Arse
01/29/2023 7:22 p.m.

Greetings, if you are controlled, as you apparently, it depends on the routine you are going to do, breakfast well, and every 45-60 minutes of hydrátate run with electrolytes.The water alone will not give you the recovery.You should not have any problem.I do cycling 3-4 times a week from moderate to intense.
And when I go to 100kms routes or more breakfast very well, I do not spare, and have enough hydration and one or another fruit or bars.
I have type 2 and take metformin twice a day but when I run or take them.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
02/26/2023 12:48 p.m.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
02/26/2023 12:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.