The serious 640g battery problems

suponte's profile photo   03/16/2016 12:23 p.m.

I come to tell you what it seems is a problem that is jumping to many people with the 640g bomb in Medtronic.They are battery problems.The device enters a battery failure error that begins with a stack every 5 days to every half hour ..
These failures seem to be associated with version 2.6D of the system software and require with almost total security the change of the apparatus that Medtronic refuses to offer from the beginning.
They have a protocol that goes through changing the battery package, sending of battery cap and then reset of the device ... Meanwhile you enjoy your favorite whistle politics after whistle without being able to sleep or with the uncertainty of when the next alarm will jump...
I am still in the package check phase, plug shipment .. but I know at least 15 cases of battery failure.
Is anyone suffering from this nightmare?

suponte's profile photo
suponte
03/16/2016 12:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I had the same problem @Suponte.Great care.It started like this and before the month the bomb stopped.Along the way he gave us many problems and we had strange glycemias that we no longer knew that he blames .. it is a fat failure that will go to more.They changed it to me.Call and get very serious.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
03/16/2016 2:27 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Look @suponte, here I explain what happened to us: Diabetesforo.com/discusion/11878/problemas-gordos-con-la-pila-de-la-bomba#latest

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
03/16/2016 2:32 p.m.

DT 3

These should worry more about fixing their problems and leaving so many commercial actions that we are injured are us.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/16/2016 2:41 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I think the cases should be reported to the medicine agency ... the dizziness of the company before changing it is from traka .. unacceptable .. I am still in 1 stack every 5 days or so .. but I already call and tell me that ofChange nothing ... that you have to check another battery package, then then plug .. then then .. ... and I think it is a failure serious enough for an international warning.What do you think?Ainhoa ​​have you reported your problem to someone else from Medornic?

suponte's profile photo
suponte
03/16/2016 4:30 p.m.

@Suponte in my case is not Medtronic, but I go on the same path.You feel helpless !!Well at least me, so much bureaucracy and so many other interests that there will be.

First bomb and bubbles that formed nobody knows why and after fighting, they change my bomb.
Then with the second I had, the same problem you comment with the battery, after the month and it starts to splate my battery every 2 and 3 days, change of battery plug and after fighting, I change again.
And with the third I go again as at the beginning, the same problem of bubbles and also the roads bend, which did not happen before.I have been asked for, to see that I was not a lot, they have sent me to a pharmaceutical nurse to verify that it was not my thing, and although everything is well according to me, I am already tired ... and to theFinal no solution for now.

I know that I am fortunate to have the bomb, it is hard to get it, so I will not throw the towel until it achieves that everything goes as it should go.As if I have to bore them calling every day.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/16/2016 6:56 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@gemater very well !!!!Surely there must be some solution.And therefore I changed bomb in writing for continuous failures and damage to it.Do it in writing, I spent 6 months to get animas

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/17/2016 8:47 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

@Suponte, the truth is that no, they replaced me quickly and in the hospital they did not seem to give it excessive importance ... I was really scared and it seems quite serious to not give it hardly any diffusion ... less badly that weThey changed.We also had, then, many, many problems with the cateters, bent canulas that obstruct the infusion ... Luckily and after a few very hard beginnings now things are quiet and quite controlled.The straight categories to my daughter were fatal, the problems of elbows and obstructions have ended since the obliques began to use.He insists and not discouragement @Suponte, and the same @gemater, we know that the pump is the best option but we need quality and efficiency guarantees.In the pump and in consumables.Encourage and a hug>: D <

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
03/17/2016 12:57 p.m.

DT 3

Thank you very much I am another with the problem of the battery and thanks to you they send me the new bomb they wanted to send me the lid and I negle because the lid is a plastic with a simple piece of metal.(I have called you several times) I had two inexplicable nightlife with Glugagen.Inexplicable because the 2nd went to bed with more than 200 and without correcting and hypo the song.When I have gone to bed before, it also without correcting and all good.The last battery has lasted a day and a half when they were lasting 8 and 9 days and before it came to the month.I started all this before September with which I could not load the data to Carelink.He has given me to check the battery that has lasted day and a half and has a load.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
03/18/2016 1:33 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Good again I have the spare pump and it does not have the 2.6D software version less bad, the other yes.
I have been able to pass the few data to Carelin without problems after six months (it was not the computer, or I did not do it well).First of all, try to pass the other pump data just in case and jump the notice of checking the pump or bring the pump to the meter (closer could not be), the battery was full according to the screen icon.Let's see how it goes and how the mismatch, hyper and hypos that I have had because of the bomb ....
I was in a talk where they said that the bomb is not confused if you have it low or tall is that you have done something wrong, you have not counted the rations well, you have done more exerted the story ...

Yes that @suponte and @Ainhoa ​​thank you very much for notifying about the plug

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
03/19/2016 1:27 p.m.

Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
28/07/2021-> 6.4

@samoeus, M is very happy to have helped somehow.My daughter had many problems to the prince, between the defective bomb and the cateters that obstruct themselves.As I have already commented, many strange glycems appeared that greatly hindered basal setting.This made us discourage us and also think that the problem was ours and that we were not knowing how to do things at all.Here in this forum I have found answers to many doubts, patience so as not to despair and throw in the towel with the subject and encouragement and great practical tips that have facilitated that day of the insulin bomb today is contributing to my daughter everything II believed and expected that I had to contribute: an improvement in its quality of life and in its spectacular control.I am more and more convinced of what we are going to advance in this field that unites us is sharing knowledge and experiences among us.A hug ;;)

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
03/20/2016 5:21 a.m.

DT 3

Good afternoon guys!How are you??
Well, I already have the bomb in my hands (m 640g), and I had entered the forum to consult what type of battery you recommend using, if the consumables or the rechargeable, and I find this.Running I have gone to look at my partner's software and it is 2.9d, on Monday I connect in the hospital, hopefully I do not give me the battery alarm ...
For the rest I can not tell you anything, because I have not been put on, I'm just configuring it and playing practical cases.Anyway, if you can answer me about the topic of the battery, I would be very grateful.THANK YOU SWEET COMPIS !!

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
02/11/2017 1:18 p.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

@"Marcos_J_M", my daughter uses the consumables, Panasonic or Duracell that were the ones that recommended us in the hospital, the two options imagine that they will be equally valid while they are "good" batteries.Greetings!;;)

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
02/11/2017 6:19 p.m.

DT 3

But is it that the batteries do not give them?In my hospital they give me the fungible material along with lithium batteries that are very charged with the fungible material, the whole united material sends them.In Animas Vibe the battery with MCG lasts a month and only with the bomb 2 months.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/11/2017 8:02 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@"Jconegar" Well, my Catalan friend has told me that they give them to her, I have no idea on Monday.Anyway, if I don't give them to me, I'm not going to wear tquismiquis ... what is a whore to have to go every 3 months to the hospital for consumables ...
Thank you all @"ainhoa" how about your daughter?

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
02/11/2017 8:20 p.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Here in Spain it comes inside the two batteries one AAA for parading or the "old" and another AA for ours, industrial energy brand.The Lithium Energizer only used those that came with the bomb, those without were good.In any case, it can be used rechargeable, but there is a very important thing the rechargeable pump size are 1.2 volts and when putting it the pump tells you that it is not worth it, and those of 1.5Volts I do not know if they will be orI have not found them.
One question, how long does the battery last, because it takes me lasting since Christmas is 10 or 11 days?Before I lasted 21 days and I have no continuous meter.
By the way of Medtronic Box of 10 reservoirs for 30 day and a battery for 10 that passes with the other 20.

Speaking of reservoirs I have noticed that now they do not bubble or foam but I do not know if it is why I refill well I think before the same and some bubble appeared, or it is because the reservoir box that previously brought the batteries attached now are wrapped in plasticOf bubbles, and it has the different drawing, and it is manufactured in Juncos, Puerto Rico, those of before where they came from but it seemed to me that they were from another place if you can look at it like that would come out of doubt.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
02/11/2017 10:23 p.m.

Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
28/07/2021-> 6.4

The same thing is happening to me: it gives me problems with the battery and told me that it ends in 3 days.Then every three hours.The major problem is that Medtronic does not have spare pumps in Spain and I have been with problems in the bomb (today 8) and they don't tell me when they can send me a spare.This is clearly breaking the contract they have with social security.

Cpi's profile photo
Cpi
08/08/2017 9:47 p.m.

Indeed: it is a nightmare because I will have to cancel the holidays waiting for a bomb to get.
As I said before, it seems that Medtronic will not send me one in about 15 days.

knew said:
I come to tell you what it seems is a problem that is jumping to many people with the 640g bomb of Medtronic.They are battery problems.The device enters a battery failure error that begins with a stack every 5 days to every half hour ..
These failures seem to be associated with version 2.6D of the system software and require with almost total security the change of the apparatus that Medtronic refuses to offer from the beginning.
They have a protocol that goes through changing the battery package, sending of battery cap and then reset of the device ... Meanwhile you enjoy your favorite whistle politics after whistle without being able to sleep or with the uncertainty of when the next alarm will jump...
I am still in the package check phase, plug shipment .. but I know at least 15 cases of battery failure.
Is anyone suffering from this nightmare?

Cpi's profile photo
Cpi
08/08/2017 9:50 p.m.

@"CPI" It is a very fat task the truth, the failures with the battery alarms have been in the candlestick for almost two years, they could have already remedied them ... As for the time they take 15 days to replace the pump meIt seems of shame, before the customer service was at least one of the points in favor of Medtronic, and the repositions in two days maximum, it is a very fat whore that leaves you hanging and waiting.I encourage and a hug, I imagine that you will already have the multidosis pattern calculated for the days that are until the new one that I hope is soon, and as soon as you can you know complaints to the song, Medtronic and the health service of your community.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/08/2017 10 p.m.

DT 3

Indeed.I've been using Medtronic Pumps and customer service bombs for 10 years.Now it's lousy.I called the TFNO on day 2. They have saturated lines and do not catch you.You leave a message and do not return the call.Insisting, finally at the hours they serve you, but the biggest problem is that it is many days without a spare bomb.I know I am not the only one to which this is happening.They recently left a diabetic who made the Camino de Santiago by bike.My question is: Can't report this from Social Security for breach of contract?Does anyone know any laws and see if I can get like the Americans and sue them for annoying the holidays?

Cpi's profile photo
Cpi
08/08/2017 10:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.