The serious 640g battery problems

suponte's profile photo   03/16/2016 12:23 p.m.

Samozeus, the rechargeables of 1.5 volts AAA exist, I had them years and lately I have found them in a box of the English Court supermarket next to the normal Duracell.Look for a little more and you will find them.
The true is that I would not use rechargeable, for what the current intensity is more constant in an ordinary alkaline, and it will be downloaded soon, but it is something that is fixed by carrying a normal for emergencies.
I have a pump change soon and I am with the fly behind the ear with everything you have said.I have a curiosity, now the battery lasts a month and a half, I have no sensor (I use the free) and I don't have the bayer glucose meter that gave me the pump (I also use the free 2-3 times to themonth that uses it xD).Do you use the meter that communicates with the pump?I understand that the batteries are drink, and any failure of the software that tries to communicate both devices can often be responsible for the mess.Although Medtronic's boys should be more than back of this type of problem.Or no ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/13/2017 6:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Juanluis,
The meter that connects with the pump does not use batteries.It is recharged by a USB port and each load lasts a lot.
Salu2

Cpi's profile photo
Cpi
08/14/2017 12:58 p.m.

My wife is diabetics and my social work is to get a bomb of these, the 640g, we read the problem that these bombs have and ask ourselves: how we live in Argentina (and I think that and in Chile they are marketing it) we ask ourselves.We will run the same risk that you suffer?

zulmaInes_luis471805's profile photo
zulmaInes_luis471805
08/18/2017 1:56 a.m.

@Cpi I have yourself problem with batteries and I have been waiting for a bomb since July 27,
I put complaints every day and the next complaint is going to be in the consumer office, because my patience has reached the limit.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
08/19/2017 4:30 a.m.

The truth is that they have a lot of lack of control, at a general level and especially in Spain.I already have a bomb, since August 8.
I tell you my experience in case it serves you.
1) From Spain, if you now call in summer hours: in the morning, call every day (that is, for heavy), and ask for the recording of the calls (those that say that for a matter of quality they will do).I had previously put in writing, mail (support.diabetes@medtronic.com) a complaint, which I forward to the Endocrine Day Hospital of my community.This is also necessary for them to have data of what happens and may complain and do something.I also went through the endocrine to download the bomb before he died, so that they had all the alarm record and thus make a claim with data.
With all this, I insist, calling Madrid every day, they offered me a previous model bomb to get out of the step.Welcome!!!Because if it works ... I don't care that the screen has less colors and some other detail less.This bomb came to me on the 8th, and in the day, as Medtronic worked before.
2) Better flame out of Spanish schedule.They will attend you I do not know if from New York, or where, but in Spanish.And there you can insist to send you a new model bomb from Holland, which is the distribution center for Europe.It indicates that you do not know where they occur, but that somewhere they will be manufactured, and that even if it is Australia, they are 24 hours of flight (with scales) and from there what late to get home (another day).Anyway, on the 9th I had a new model at home.
A total disordination because although I asked in both shipments, none had an indication of collecting any bomb: neither spoiled, nor the old model.
Now I have 3 bombs in my house.
I hope my experience serves you something ...
Cheer up!!

Cpi's profile photo
Cpi
08/21/2017 12:48 p.m.

@Cpi Thank you very much for the information.This morning I sent you a fax threatening them that if they do not immediately give me an insulin bomb I will take the appropriate legal measures.
Another way is to try what you have said

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
08/22/2017 8:57 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.