{'en': 'Diabetes and complication', 'es': 'Diabetes y complicadiones'} Image

Diabetes and complication

Anasyx's profile photo   01/24/2017 7:32 p.m.

I see that in this forum you take care of yourself and most do not take long in this and my question is ... any of the veterans have the famous complications of diabetes?

Because I ... I'm starting to have them and the truth is that I would like to have a little support and know your experiences and how you carry it.And yes, I know that the best thing to prevent (or even reverse if it is not very advanced) is to have good glycemic control but it is easier to say than to have it and even almost my 30 years in this and especially in recent months this uncontrollableAnd I am having peaks and lows almost every day and is not at all stable :(

In my case I think I have the 3 most important, I officially have 1, the retinopathy that detected me in September, but since November that I am having pain in my legs and weakness to walk sometimes (add that to my two hands with tunnel syndromeCarpiano who falls asleep at night and always wakes me up) and I think that neuropathy is appearing ... I am also seeing that when Orino is not completely transparent and has as little things, although that I had it when I went to the endocrineFor revision and told me that my kidneys were fine, but this is UK and only pay attention to you when you are dying ...: -S

It is worth that almost 30 years of diabetics and if I have to be sincere in these last 5 years I was left by life (basically I almost did not do glutemia in two years and something: -s: -s: -s) untilLast year I focus again and it was only when things began to appear ...

And the truth is that I am afraid for my future because I am only 31 years old and when I should be thinking of forming a family I am thinking if I will be blind or in a wheelchair or I will go 3 times a week to the hospital to dialysis ...:( :( :( :( :(

Anasyx's profile photo
Anasyx
01/24/2017 7:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome!Let's see if someone answers you, I can only tell you about control. What insulinas are you using? Do you give you enough strips to control yourself?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/25/2017 2:56 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Anasyx is "normal" to have retinopathy after 30 years ... but well if it is mild and you control it well (reviews), because nothing happens.It's never too late to keep taking care of yourself, I encourage !!!

albertot's profile photo
albertot
01/25/2017 8:42 a.m.

@"Anasyx", good day.I have only 5 years DM1, with good controls and good force.But I can understand that after 30 years carrying this backpack you have relaxed a little.Women's encourage and start again with enthusiasm.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
01/25/2017 11:39 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@"Anasyx" I agree with @"regina" @"albertot" and @"solaria", with so many years of evolution we all pass through high and low in the control of diabetes, better and worse times, you put on how you get, all you can do is start controlling yourself now, stabilize the glucose and face the challenges !!!

Courage !!, I am sure that if you control yourself better and you are trying the complications, you can move forward with what you propose!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
01/25/2017 12:01 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Estimated: I suffer from DM1 from 10 years of age so the evolution of it for me ascends to 24 years.I also suffer from diabetic retinopathy.On one occasion I read that 99% of type I diabetics come to suffer from it for some time from the debut.I suppose it is natural, since inappropriate levels of blood sugar, despite being often corrected, are making other parts of our body deteriorate.We must accept it and take care, there is a lot of life.Much encouragement to resume control is not easy (quite the opposite!) But it is worth it.A hug.

Lucy Fa de Amato's profile photo
Lucy Fa de Amato
01/25/2017 5:06 p.m.

With regard to retinopathy, and I believe that for the rest of the complications of diabetes, all the procedures used to treat it give much better results with a hemoglobin between 6 and 7. Said that, the photocoagulation with laser is themore resolutive and durable treatment in cases of retinopathy.Naturally, the results are better the more incipient the problem is and the most early treatment

Javier Arriaga Sanz's profile photo
Javier Arriaga Sanz
01/26/2017 5:17 p.m.

He had 32 years and only one point in a retinopathy eye (that's what the eye said) then I take for tension and kidneys.With encouragement. What if I notice that I am increasingly tired of the disease (I feel more psychologically affected)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/26/2017 8:09 p.m.

Hello, I have been with diabetes for 25 years and I have complications, chronic renal failure without dialysis at the moment (I am on the waiting list for double kidney transplantRenal failure, I take a lot of medication every day due to renal failure and problems derived from it: cholesterol, anemia, hypertension (enalapril, furosemide, iron, epoetin injections, folidoce, omeprazole, renvela, zemplar, resincalcio, etc .. etc... the medicine closet looks like a hahaha pharmacy).In my case it has been for not taking care of myself properly when I started diabetes with 17 years.

Currently Insulin Tresiba 12 units every 24 hours and insulina novorapid, the latter punctures as necessary, after breakfast, food and dinner and in between because I am very nervous and my blood glucose is easily triggered.And controls do 7 a day.

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
01/26/2017 9:53 p.m.

@"Anasyx" Did you look at your thyroid?That all those symptoms that you have are for that, seriously, the same thing happened to me, weakness when walking, carpal tunnel syndrome (I woke up at night with my hands sleeping and totally twisted) feet cramps, sciatica, sciatica,I was always very very tired, the glucose impossible to control, cholesterol in 280 gyzCrambres, Hemo at 6.2, Colesterol 180, I don't know, I recommend that you look at it well and if you don't convince you what a doctor tells you, go to another.
Apart, I also have an incipient retinopathy in the right eye worse they told me that after so many years it was normal.In March I have the ophthalmologist again and the truth is that I hope the thing has not gone to more but if so, I will have to assume it and see what options I have.Greetings and courage!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/26/2017 11:07 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hello, I have been almost 30 years as you also had up to you at which time the towel is thrown but it is worth surrendering, you have to be strong and constant, I think that the main thing can go is to follow a diet with the rations wellMeasures. My son was diagnosed 3 months ago and I am following his 1800 -calorie diet and the truth is that I give a very large change for better putting almost half of units than when I started and lost enough weight only with therations well measured. Referring to the complications of the carpal tunnel to me they operated more than 6 years ago from the two hands and one of them is happening to me again but this I do not think it is as a result of a bad controlFrom diabetes what I said a lot and anything here you have us and take care of yourself

Jose Vicente Serrano Jimenez's profile photo
Jose Vicente Serrano Jimenez
01/27/2017 1:19 a.m.

nigiri said:
@"anasyx" did you look at your thyroid?That all those symptoms that you have are for that, seriously, the same thing happened to me, weakness when walking, carpal tunnel syndrome (I woke up at night with my hands sleeping and totally twisted) feet cramps, sciatica, sciatica,I was always very very tired, the glucose impossible to control, cholesterol in 280 gyzCrambres, Hemo at 6.2, Colesterol 180, I don't know, I recommend that you look at it well and if you don't convince you what a doctor tells you, go to another.
Apart, I also have an incipient retinopathy in the right eye worse they told me that after so many years it was normal.In March I have the ophthalmologist again and the truth is that I hope the thing has not gone to more but if so, I will have to assume it and see what options I have.Greetings and courage!

If the retinopathy advances what they do is photocoagulation, they gave me 3000 laser pulsations in each eye in several sessions for a few months.The laser bothers a little is as if you felt clicks at the bottom of the eye but well it is bearable.

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
01/27/2017 8:23 a.m.

@Anasyx S Etarda years, many years to get to dialysis, I have been with nephropathy for 10 years and I am not yet on dialysis and we must not do it in the hospital, there is periotoneal dialysis, which you do at home.They make you a small surgery to put a catheter in the abdomen and the peritoneum is used as a method of filtering the waste.You can do it several times a day or during the night with a machine that you have at home, a filtering fluid is used that is introduced by that catheter, and then extracted.You can read about her: Link

I have been in peritoneal predialysis consultation for 8 years, although as I say, as I am young they have done all the tests to put myself on the double transplant and pancreas transplant list.

If you urinate very frequently and have those symptoms of tiredness etc.I'm afraid you could be developing nephropathy.Apart if you say that you have bad glycemia control (I have had it) everything indicates that the kidneys have been damaged.When there is nephropathy there is a number of effects on the organism: anemia and hyperparathyroidism, hypertension, high cholesterol are the main ones and this gives rise to pain, tiredness, weakness, dizziness, insomnia .. changes doctor and who look at you in the urineCreatinine and proteins, to see if the values ​​are altered.

Regarding retinopathy, currently with photocoagulation it is well and you are no longer blind, so forget about blindness, wheelchair and dialysis.All that is treated, but the main thing is to take care of and maintain the glying in low values.With that you will avoid progress.

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
01/27/2017 8:34 a.m.

I am sorry to read the complications of the companions.But this forum would do nothing if we don't get something clean.
First, in my case, after 30 years of evolution from 12 I can say that I have no complications.I have had bad stages, like the one that most.But thanks to the help of medical professionals, family and myself, we are doing well.I only have cholesterol (apparently my body produces it naturally) treated with crest and vitamin B12 deficit, which is not due to the years, but is a metabolic disorder associated with diabetes because the organism has something "bad" configured.
This leads me to what we must learn from what you read here.Good control is measured by the value of the gly.But the thing is how to get it.It is not only insulin, but the combination of that with what we eat, regular exercise and healthy habits.ANSYX, I read that you are in UK.The typical thing is to cook with "bad" fat and high protein content, or sometimes very fatty.I encourage you to review the menus.Write in a notebook that you eat, how many units do you put on and how it went.You will find your better foods.Courage everyone to exercise.I know it costs, so we make a "Ulises contract" with friends or family to stay and walk half an hour or more regularly.And if it rains, a simple static bike and do what you can.
I have had a micro-aneurism in one eye, detected in time, the result of bad control.Now reabsorbed.Therefore, for those of less years of evolution, a message of calm: it can get along.You have to be more stubborn than diabetes.Self-convent is the best.And we know that if the controls go wrong, it will be for something we did not take into account.We insist on finding out what.
To those who already have some complication, encourage you to continue doing it well.Medicine advances.Good control can avoid more complications.
Much encouragement to all!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/29/2017 11:04 a.m.

Hi Anasyx

I will try to tell you my experience after 28 years of DM1.Today, and you can imagine that many seasons of lack of control, change of insulins, doses, the only complication detected, at the medical level, is the affectation of a perineal nerve of the foot, which has made me lose sensitivity in several fingers.I often notice, heaviness in legs, but I think it is normal at my age and after so many years.But perhaps, my greatest concern, complication, that I have not heard any of you is to be aware of a lack of vitality, of force, which conditions all my days.I know we lack the hormone of life: insulin.

Tiredness, at the time of exercising, more than half an hour walking tires me, and above all in the mental aspect.I can't keep conversations too long, I immediately exhaust me.Of course, doctors say I have fabulous control.Hemoglobins around 6.2..I use Tresiba and Apidra.80 mg atorvastatin treatment to keep cholesterol at bay.Quinten doses of vitamin D. And little else I can tell you, but in one way or another, with physical complications or not, psychologically this is destroying you, due to the rigidity and hardness of treatment.Then there is that non -estimated, not measurable or quantifiable damage in small blood vessels in any way, it is worth taking care.

Greetings

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
01/29/2017 11:21 a.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

You ask yourself the question and give yourself the answer, if you have been diabetes for 30 years, of course, an invoice has already passed in the cardiovascular system, in the kidneys, in the neurological system or in the view.The only way to mitigate this and that does not get worse is, maintaining good control of diabetes, trying that glycosy hemoglobin be maintained below 7 or very close and if you do not get your situation it will get worse yes or yes.You cannot lower your guard 5 years, not even 6 months.Remember that diabetes has a good thing and a bad thing, the good is that it does not hurt!And the bad is that it does not hurt!and if the complications arrive it is difficult to correct them. My advice: Every day when you raise you think a minute: Diabetes fuck today you will not win me today!I have been insulin for 41 years and although I am quite good and with very well controlled diabetes I have already lost some battalla, I have amputated a foot of the foot.But we have to win the war!Courage and fight and do not forget that education in the disease both of yours and that of your relatives is essential.

alvarito's profile photo
alvarito
01/29/2017 11:32 a.m.

Anasyx, I have only been complicated for 15 years and I have not 5 years in UK and perfectly understand your reluctance with the health of this country.I, if I emepezar with complications, I would try to see me in Spain, if you can afford it.
I hope you find the strength to take care of you.
Cheer up!

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
01/29/2017 9:47 p.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Tresiba 22 ud por la noche y Fiasp 4-5-5
Freestyle libre desde 2016
Ultima hemo 6.0

anasyx said:
I see that in this forum you take care of you and most do not take long in this and my question is ... Any of the veterans have the famous complications of diabetes?

Because I ... I'm starting to have them and the truth is that I would like to have a little support and know your experiences and how you carry it.And yes, I know that the best thing to prevent (or even reverse if it is not very advanced) is to have good glycemic control but it is easier to say than to have it and even almost my 30 years in this and especially in recent months this uncontrollableAnd I am having peaks and lows almost every day and is not at all stable :(

In my case I think I have the 3 most important, I officially have 1, the retinopathy that detected me in September, but since November that I am having pain in my legs and weakness to walk sometimes (add that to my two hands with tunnel syndromeCarpiano who falls asleep at night and always wakes me up) and I think that neuropathy is appearing ... I am also seeing that when Orino is not completely transparent and has as little things, although that I had it when I went to the endocrineFor revision and told me that my kidneys were fine, but this is UK and only pay attention to you when you are dying ...: -S

It is worth that almost 30 years of diabetics and if I have to be sincere in these last 5 years I was left by life (basically I almost did not do glutemia in two years and something: -s: -s: -s) untilLast year I focus again and it was only when things began to appear ...

And the truth is that I am afraid for my future because I am only 31 years old and when I should be thinking of forming a family I am thinking if I will be blind or in a wheelchair or I will go 3 times a week to the hospital to dialysis ...:( :( :( :( :(

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
01/31/2017 12:26 p.m.

anasyx said:
I see that in this forum you take care of you and most do not take long in this and my question is ... Any of the veterans have the famous complications of diabetes?

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
01/31/2017 12:27 p.m.

Hi: I carry with diabetes 32 years and I carry it well.I have hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia but they are inevitable.I have some glycades of 7-7.5 for the moment I have no complications even if I know of the retinopathy I do not believe
Q free me.If you have not had renal complications in 20
Years I don't think you have them and retinopathy is almost inevitable but there are columas that can stop the advance of the disease and you always have to lead a very healthy life and exercise that I do.And if you want to have children, put the batteries no longer wait any longer I have 2 daughters and I had them with 30 and 31. Now I have 41 and joy of acceptable health

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
01/31/2017 1:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.