{'en': 'Correct levels with insulin (Tresiba)', 'es': 'Corregir Niveles con Insulina (Tresiba)'} Image

Correct levels with insulin (Tresiba)

RAKE's profile photo   01/28/2017 10:36 p.m.

Hello sweets!

I am Raquel and I would like you to give me your opinion, despite being 33 years old and 25 of diabetics, I continue with files x !!!!
I am using the freestyle sensor, so I look at sugar levels much more (sometimes I get obsessed) .. The fact is that with the 10 units of three that I wear, I keep "well" during the day.But I have days noticing that after 6 pm in the afternoon, it starts to climb without any explanation.

I give you an example:

At 14:00 before food he had 83, at 15:30 he had 160 ...... at 5:00 p.m., 145 ... we are going quite well.And from 17:30, without taking anything it has risen me to 180 ..... at 20:00 I was already 200, and it is what I have reached dinner.

Tresiba, I don't think I should get up because if I don't arrive just at breakfast ... and my endo told me to keep it to avoid a descent ... my question is, what would you do, put a unit of fastTo correct?Despite not taking any snack?

I ask why this little accustomed to correcting, and I have only done it when I have had more than 250 ..

Thanks in advance.

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
01/28/2017 10:36 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

Hello, putting a unit or several insulin depends on the H.C.That you are going to ingest, with that you must calculate your insulin needs.We do not always make the same meals, or make the same physical exercise.

Vicentebh's profile photo
Vicentebh
01/28/2017 11:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@vicentebh thanks
But the problem is that I have seen that despite not having anything the glucose has happened d 140 to 200, I already say without taking anything.That is why I ask that to prevent it from going up if it is recommended that it corrects it with fast insulin.esqe I do not see another explanation ... since as I say I have not eaten anything

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
01/29/2017 12:01 a.m.

Freestyle Libre

I always correct myself quickly when I am 200 or I think he will get up even if I have not eaten anything.I don't see the problem.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/29/2017 12:52 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I from 140 I correct, go eat or not

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/29/2017 10:16 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hello, I correct it with fast insulin.(Novorapid)

Vicentebh's profile photo
Vicentebh
01/29/2017 10:26 p.m.

gala said:
I appear from 140 I correct, go eating or not
>
I understand what you correct if you see in the Dexcom that is 140 with ascending tendency no ..?If I correct 140 to the one in a while I would have to be eating something so what was eaten for what was served.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/30/2017 9:03 a.m.

@sigsaur, exact, or if I see that the arrow is straight but little to little I go up, 140, 150 ... I leave it more and to alarm D Bea in 80-85

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/30/2017 3:17 p.m.

rake said:
hello sweets!
I give you an example:

At 14:00 before food he had 83, at 15:30 he had 160 ...... at 5:00 p.m., 145 ... we are going quite well.And from 17:30, without taking anything it has risen me to 180 ..... at 20:00 I was already 200, and it is what I have reached dinner.

Tresiba, I don't think I should get up because if I don't arrive just at breakfast ... and my endo told me to keep it to avoid a descent ... my question is, what would you do, put a unit of fastTo correct?Despite not taking any snack?
I ask why this little accustomed to correcting, and I have only done it when I have had more than 250 ..
Thanks in advance.

The Tresiba, if I'm not mistaken, is basal insulin.I do not use it, I use the toujeo, but the basal serves the same.And if you increase the basal you may be given hypoglycemia before breakfast, or at night.Sometimes it is necessary to increase it, of course, but not if you say, you get fair to breakfast usually ...

The example that you put to me sometimes happens to me, and I was not used to correcting: it starts to rise more to two and half or three hours.It may be because the digestion has been slower (for multiple reasons) or because for whatever (hormonal issues, anxiety, or to know what ...) the liver secretes glucose that, of course, goes to the blood.I would like to know what the reason is, but I don't know.So I, in those cases quickly inject;And it bothers me, yes, but it is what there is;I have been moving for several days to prick so many times, because with that example you say I have been similar days.And increasing the basal only that is why the only thing you can do is alter other moments of the day with hypoglycemia ... in short, to continue testing :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
01/30/2017 3:45 p.m.

Thank you all for answering !!
That is @imara, it is a pain of adding punctures in the middle of the afternoon, as is my case ... but if we compensate and maintain glucose levels, good ... as I commented corrected when I had more than 200 ..But after reading your comments, I will start correcting with lower levels!

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
01/30/2017 10:32 p.m.

Freestyle Libre

@"Rake", yes, what remedy we have left:-D
Correct is not the same for everyone, you will have to see your insulin sensitivity (that over time and moments of the day also change) to know what values ​​you have to correct and which not, and with how much.
For example, if I am 180 I cannot correct because the minimum is a unit and would lead me to hypoglycemia;If I do it, I have to eat yes or yes in a little while.Sometimes I solve and walk.With 190 or 200 I correct with a unit and I am very aware.With 140, for example, that @"gala" corrects, I neither crazy, come on.I am talking about using insulin with feathers.I do not enter the pump, which I do not use and will surely have other possibilities.

Hugs

imara's profile photo
imara
01/31/2017 4:22 p.m.

@imara, precisely today they have given me a pen of half units, which happens to me the same (goes with novorapid in cartridges)

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/31/2017 4:24 p.m.

@"Gala" I use a Sanofi pen (Junior Star, I think it's called) that measures half units.But the minimum to inject is a unit.I use it by changing the Apidra cartridges.
So half -unit correction cannot be, at least with this.The endocrine told me that half a unity alone is very easy for it to be lost along the way ...
What is your plum of half units?Surely you accept an injection of only medium unit?If so, I ask me :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
01/31/2017 4:32 p.m.

Chic@s, I also use a pen with half units!
To me the difference between a unit or measure, can make me a world!So I am super happy with the ball.
These bolis cannot be bought in the pharmacy .. My nurse-educational has been provided, it's called Juniorstar, it's from Sanofi.
But I do not understand what you say @imara, I use insulin apidra, and of course I can put on unity with this ball.
Link "Style =" Max-Width: 300px;

And taking up the thread ... I cannot correct, or coña with 140.
Yesterday I corrected because I was 190, I put a unit and arrived at dinner with 90 :)

Another thing I wanted to tell you ... is whether you have noticed that eating integral cookies, sugar or rises more or more slow ........ I usually take María de las Normal cookies, and today I have had breakfast 2 portions ofintegral cookies;which has been my surprise that getting up with 108 at the time I had 275 .. and I have not corrected because I was still "acting" the fast ... in definitive at the time and a half I have re -check the glucose and had 60 :( ..XXXX file

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
01/31/2017 4:45 p.m.

Freestyle Libre

@imara, if you can put O.5, what you have to do is purge the good before injected, it is from Novo Nordisk, it is used with novorapid in cartridges

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/31/2017 4:48 p.m.

@"Rake", I use that blue in the photo.It was given by the SS nurse.She told me that the minimum was a unit (and I think there was a prospect too, but I don't remember).The lines that mark the units begin in 1. If you turn around the wheel, it goes halfway, true.I just did the test and come out just a droplet.Maybe it's effective to try once ...

imara's profile photo
imara
01/31/2017 4:51 p.m.

@imara, also has a reminder of the units you put on and the hours you have put it

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/31/2017 4:51 p.m.

@"Gala" a pass the pen that they have given you!I will ask to see if it can be used with Apidra, or I will see if the endo can assess the change.I started wearing novorapid and they passed me to the Apidra because the pen of half units told me that I worked with Apidra;I guess new things go out ...

imara's profile photo
imara
01/31/2017 4:54 p.m.

@imara, if you feel like it will change it because the Apidra, Novorapid and Humalog are the same thing can make you the recipes if it comes to good, that the two as one thing is put in their heads, they are the same as the paperMilimetric, grid, grid.
The pen if he does not have it, you ask the laboratory that they will surely give it to you

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/31/2017 4:59 p.m.

@"Rake", for the cookies, which is integral, it usually digests more and raising the blood glucose in a slower and sustained way.Look at this thread if you want.And you would also see if the cookies you have eaten have sugar or not, and if they have the same hydrates as the Mary that you usually eat, because they can have more and that has uploaded the blood glucose ...
Link

imara's profile photo
imara
01/31/2017 5:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.