{'en': 'Best brand/glucometer model today?', 'es': 'Mejor marca/modelo de glucometro a día de hoy?'} Image

Best brand/glucometer model today?

Alvarozuma's profile photo   02/01/2017 9:28 p.m.

I use a lifescan brand glucometer but the strips of this brand have a defect that I do not like and that they start the account behind, as soon as they absorb a small blood sample, and it has happened to me more than once that little blood comes out5 seconds pass and not "filled" enough the strip and the machine gives error ...

That gives me a lot of courage and it happened to me more than 1 time ...

And I want to try a new Glucometer from the Abbott brand to see how it is doing.Do you recommend a special model?

Alvarozuma's profile photo
Alvarozuma
02/01/2017 9:28 p.m.

─ DM1 desde Enero 2015. 18 años.
─ Novorapid y Tresiba
─ HbA1c: 6,5% ✔
❝Es duro fracasar en algo, pero es mucho peor no haberlo intentado❞

Unfortunately or fortune we die to the one who gives us the SS, there is nothing more to choose.But I think the best brand is Bayer, after carrying all kinds.
Although Abbot's continuous meter in my opinion is good and economical if you compare it with others.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
02/02/2017 12:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you get your strips to change you can ask for the ABBOTT insulynx, call directly the manufacturer and send it to you for free

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
02/02/2017 3:41 p.m.

Let's see I have the Freestyle Neo glucometer that I think is the last of Freestyle that they have taken, I don't know if it is the best glucometer of that brand if you can tell me please.And from the Bayer brand, which is the best glucometer?I am also among those 2 brands that the pitcher can do the least possible damage.

If any of you have experience of those 2 brands, tell me which one has gone better, thank you.

Alvarozuma
02/02/2017 7:38 p.m.

─ Novorapid y Tresiba

I use Bayer contour Next Link that I once repeated the test because I did not believe the result, or because I had not admitted enough blood and when proved to ads more in the same strip the result did not convince myself I have not convinced meRepeat and have returned to do the same, the variation was between 2 or 4mg/dl or even the same result.They were low figures with high I have not tried it and compared to those of blood that take you in the last analysis had 71 of the laboratory and it gave 57. 14 difference but had passed 5 or 10 minutes.
The capillarity is good and does not need a lot of blood, you have to try again if it has not been enough for 5 seconds and only 1 time.
I can't tell you other brands, I carry it using 5 years before I used an abot and the capillarity was very bad I do not know if they have improved it, although Ab9t's still uses it for ketone bodies (these strips if they need much moreamount of blood).

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
02/03/2017 12:05 a.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

samoeus said:
I use e of bayer contour Next link that I once repeated the test because I did not believe the result, or because I had not admitted enough blood and when you prove that I admeBut in the same strip the result was not convinced either I have repeated again and it has returned to do the same, the variation was between 2 or 4mg/dl or even the same result.They were low figures with high I have not tried it and compared to those of blood that take you in the last analysis had 71 of the laboratory and it gave 57. 14 difference but had passed 5 or 10 minutes.
The capillarity is good and does not need a lot of blood, you have to try again if it has not been enough for 5 seconds and only 1 time.
I can't tell you other brands, I carry it using 5 years before I used an abot and the capillarity was very bad I do not know if they have improved it, although Ab9t's still uses it for ketone bodies (these strips if they need much moreamount of blood).

I think the one you say is because you carry a bomb, right?I have no bomb

Alvarozuma
02/03/2017 12:45 a.m.

─ Novorapid y Tresiba

A small question The contour glucometer Next One and Contour Next USB of the Bayer brand any of those can you give them home to me if I call them?And also tell me please if the Bayer brand strips cover social security.Thank you so much

Alvarozuma
02/03/2017 5:04 p.m.

─ Novorapid y Tresiba

Have you pay for the glucometers?I have the contaur Next One and they gave it to me in hospital and the strips give me tb in the cap without problem

T1d's profile photo
T1d
02/03/2017 7:22 p.m.

@Alvarozuma if it is that of the bomb, but those that have said Next One and Nest USB use the same strips as the one I use, I also have a contour XT (given in the pharmacy) that uses the same strips.I am provided by Social Security, I have not asked Bayer but Los de Abott sent me one free years ago when I used the other.
@Td1 Now I don't pay but my first glucometer cost 30,000pts € 180 from 32 or 33 years ago, the second paying 10,000pts or € 60 and delivering the old one provided you, I had to pay another change later, then they gave you oneDelivering the old man and now they change the strips change the device without delivering the other.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
02/03/2017 10:47 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

t1d said:
you have paid for glucometers?I have the contour Next One and they gave it to me in hospital and the strips give me tb in the cap without problem

How are you doing with that glucometer?I like it because it is very small and is pendrive type and you have many options

Alvarozuma
02/04/2017 12:54 a.m.

─ Novorapid y Tresiba

If you keep values ​​of many days, and for the girl makes it funny because colors come out when it is green ok, when hiccups and when yellow high and is already learning that when it comes out red it is not good etc.There is a TB app. But as my daughter I barely debut almost two months ago because I have not started it, it makes graphics and such.Then this tb the issue that if you put little blood you have no throwing, it gives you a second chance and you can put more blood to do it, it indicates that there is more blood and with the girl that there are days and days then then IThe truth is good.I have ever left some and but it has been that after the second attempt to add more blood no longer gives you a third option.

T1d's profile photo
T1d
02/04/2017 3:10 p.m.

I use the freestyle and I am luxurious for me after trying many best

barki26's profile photo
barki26
02/05/2017 2:58 p.m.

In many years I have never bought a glucometer.For me it is good that they give me in the ambulatory.The last one they gave me is enormous so I called the house and they sent the little girl who takes on all sides.I have to die to the mark of the strips brand 8- |
I have True results now.For many years the accu chek Aviva.The two are fine.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/05/2017 8:28 p.m.

I have 2 the abbot insulinx and the accu Chek Aviva Expert, the two are bolus calculators, the first one came the calculator blocked by a key and they had to unlock it in the endocrine consultation, the other had to do a journeyWith the delegate of the company.

JMJPN's profile photo
JMJPN
02/05/2017 9:01 p.m.

I simply look for one that is small, exact, portable, that can be connected to my mobile and that does not ask for a lot of blood.Then if you already have options such as bolus calculators etc. better.I'm between the contour Next One and Freestyle Lite

Alvarozuma
02/05/2017 9:09 p.m.

─ Novorapid y Tresiba

@"Alvarozuma" for what I have seen the app passes the data by Bluetooth of the glycometer contour Next One to the mobile but I have not yet tried it.

T1d's profile photo
T1d
02/06/2017 12:01 a.m.

I have two: Freestyle and Insulix with bowling calculator.The insulix was given to me the SS calling a number and they give me the strips.For the free use of the patch and bought the strips to try it with blood but it needs much more blood and at the 5 sg it expires the drop that has fallen.I do not recommend it for blood although you also calculate bowling.

Both connect to the PC with their programs and you can get many data.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/06/2017 4:41 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I have two: freestyle and insulix with bowling calculator.The insulix was given to me the SS calling a number and they give me the strips.For the free use of the patch and bought the strips to try it with blood but it needs much more blood and at the 5 sg it expires the drop that has fallen.I do not recommend it for blood although you also calculate bowling.

Both connect to the PC with their programs and you can get many data.

A question the bolus calculator to serve?

Alvarozuma
02/06/2017 4:50 p.m.

─ Novorapid y Tresiba

I was given in the ambulatory Bayer Contur Next, before we had Menarini's.They are. The two very similar and reliable.
They need very little blood and put the puncture to a minimum.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/06/2017 9:21 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"Alvarozuma" The calculator is bowls to tell you ininsulina you have to put yourself according to your glucose.
You have to program it according to your body.I have 1ud for 2 HC rations for breakfast and 0.5 units for 2 portions for the rest.I program the SS

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/07/2017 7:58 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.