{'en': 'Best brand/glucometer model today?', 'es': 'Mejor marca/modelo de glucometro a día de hoy?'} Image

Best brand/glucometer model today?

Alvarozuma's profile photo   02/01/2017 9:28 p.m.

I like the glycometer Freestyle Lite and the contour Next One. The 2 are different brands which of the 2 is better, which one do you recommend me?

Alvarozuma's profile photo
Alvarozuma
02/10/2017 3:53 p.m.

─ DM1 desde Enero 2015. 18 años.
─ Novorapid y Tresiba
─ HbA1c: 6,5% ✔
❝Es duro fracasar en algo, pero es mucho peor no haberlo intentado❞

Then I'm going to make some comments.
1- All meters lie 5, 10 and up to 15 percent (or more), as I have tested with 5 different brands and each one gives a different result.
2- Bayer does not exist now is Panasonic, and the brand is contour.
The strips are worth all devices except those of the Brezee 2 that carries a 10 wheel.
The contour Next has a USB connector incorporated in the same device, by connecting it to the computer, it detects if you have the program and if you do not ask for authorization to install it.
The contour Next One goes through Blutood, you just have to turn it on having the pressed button until a purple light is shifted and transmits the data to the app.
3- Of the freestyle brand (Abbot) I have the insulinx that as soon as the blood drop begins, the bad thing that this brand has is that for each model uses a different strip.
4- The Roche brand has a very good one that is the Aviva Expert, the strip with little blood full immediateThe only paste is that if you use its puncture called Fastclix that carries a 6 -launch cartridge, here in Spain they are very expensive (a 24 lancet box is worth in pharmacy € 7) when I ask them to Belgium and 204 cost me € 11.
5- Menarini has a prick called Glucomen Areo 2K goes with the phone by NEC (although it does not go), from this brand I prefer the LX glucomen, it was great.
All if you are a bit skilled, the laboratories are sent to your home, some send you up to two in case one does not work at a certain time.
TELEPHONES:
Panasonic 900 100 117
ABBOT 900 300 119
Menarini 900 301 334
JHONSON 900 100 228

And above all, download the application for the Foodmeter mobile, is free.

JMJPN's profile photo
JMJPN
03/28/2017 3:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

alvarozuma said:
I like the freestyle lite glucometer and the contour Next One. The 2 are different marks which of the 2 is better, which do you recommend me?

After many checks made much more reliable in results and most of the time giving the same result the contour

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/28/2017 5:28 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I use thanks to foril recommendation the codefree that I buy it by eBay and the idem and I am happy with it.I used the one they gave me in the SS, the Aviva, but the strips are very expensive and I have to buy them, for 33 dollars I bought 200 strips.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/29/2017 9:03 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

I use that I ask my educator, he usually gets me what I want, now I am using insulinx since he likes the touch screen, as to the strips in the pharmacy they give me the brand I ask them although in the recipe put another one, theGood luck is that in the Valencian Community retirees have no copayment and lancetas give them free in the health center

JMJPN's profile photo
JMJPN
03/29/2017 2:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.