"Curious" news: nocturnal hypoglycemia, is it detected with free freestyle?

fer's profile photo   03/31/2016 10:15 a.m.

I have not studied the sensor chip but some hardware se.The memory that carries the sensor is small given the size of the one, so the volatile memory does not support more than 8 hours of binary data.What would be improvable apart from the software that the reader's micro bears would be the transmission of data.This change of technology is very expensive the product that I do not believe that the laboratory enters improvements in this field.

In any case, the greatest utility that is contributing to me in these few days that I have been with him are the trend curves and see how bad my insulin works with food.I have descents at the time and uploads in the next.

@Gala I don't think many neurons are lost with nightlife, unless you enter coma as they explained to me.Those who lose neurons, notice it ... look at the patients of multiple sclerosis.What if the loss is noticeable.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/31/2016 5:01 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Let me clarify that I am not against free freestyle, much less, but if the news has surprised me, or rather, how they sell it, this has interpreted me perfect @kraken.

It is certainly a much better system than the puncture on the finger, this is very clear!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
03/31/2016 5:31 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, I keep the 360º vision.It is ancient.
They have only lacked the "sustainable" and "respect for the environment" magic words.

Another Dexcom-Freestyle® debate not please!It is clear that we are talking about marketing.And as they say up there, "Chapeau" for Abbot.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
03/31/2016 5:50 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

No, I don't want to go into another debate, but it catches my attention as @Fer that vented it as the novelty of the century when there are other systems in the previous market (the Seven Plus 7 years ago at least or the Navigator) than those thoseif night hypoglycemia detect and prevent when they have alarms

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/31/2016 6:20 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

It is not a debate, it is a good advertising work by the laboratory and its commercials, there nobody wins them ...
In short, what comes to say is that with freestyle now, patients, doctors and educator can see the night curve and have been surprised by the hypoglycemia that are made at night inadvertent because you do not wake up being a good tool forMaking corrections, guidelines etc ... does not put at any time that you will notify you of hypoglycemia ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/31/2016 6:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

As I always say, free freestyle is not allowed to legally self -demonstrate an MCG (continuous glucose meter) and for something it is.Flash "system is defined.

Free uses NFC technology, and with this technology a direct and constant communication with the receiver will never be possible.The NFC is for specific data broadcasts.

It would take a total redesign of the free to make it an MCG, with its alarms.
Right now what it offers is information to Toro last.With an 8 -hour memory.

You have to know what is bought, you cannot buy something and then ask for functionalities that you do not have and that it is impossible for you to have.

The Dexcom is very expensive, let's not talk about the G5 joke.But free is also very expensive, especially for what it offers. Link

I do not try to convince anyone, I don't care, but the truths must be said and the free is very mythified, they are the kings of marketing.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/31/2016 6:29 p.m.

Fer the issue is that commercially Abbott is very strong and gives sensors to many people in hospitals, as well as the system of seeing the data on a screen.
And the issue that Dexcom is more expensive is the story that we are always depends on the duration of the sensor, it cannot be said that for everyone it is more expensive or cheaper.
Are the issues that are very spoken in the forum, because they do not sell the MCG they have with alarms that in the United Kingdom is sold?because it is much more expensive than Dexcom and 640g.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/31/2016 11:23 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Abbott is able to sell sand in the desert.He will end up entering social security with his "commercial skills."

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/31/2016 11:35 p.m.

My daughter goes for her second sensor.When we decided to try him we were very clear that everything was going.In principle we wanted to know if my daughter adapted to him, with 14 years it is difficult for them to take something attached to his body, and if he accepted it we would think of the Dexcom for the issue of alarms.When we gave it to it, so that the day I have the Dexcom is going to be a drama.
My daughter at the moment saves about six daily punctures, controls that do not require doses of insulin, physical education, training, careers, night controls .... the main advantage, I had no idea how the nights passed, if I had hypos thatWe did not detect, peaks ..... and with the free we have left doubts, their nights, surprisingly they are flat and generally between the 100 and 120. And we do not have to wake it up, I pass the reader on both of the two of theMorning and my husband at five.And then the information that the arrows of trends give us ..... but as soon as we are clear that he does not mind taking the sensor, we go to Dexcom, mainly because of their alarms.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
04/01/2016 9:09 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

sprinkle said:
my daughter goes for her second sensor.When we decided to try him we were very clear that everything was going.In principle we wanted to know if my daughter adapted to him, with 14 years it is difficult for them to take something attached to his body, and if he accepted it we would think of the Dexcom for the issue of alarms.When we gave it to it, so that the day I have the Dexcom is going to be a drama.
My daughter at the moment saves about six daily punctures, controls that do not require doses of insulin, physical education, training, careers, night controls .... the main advantage, I had no idea how the nights passed, if I had hypos thatWe did not detect, peaks ..... and with the free we have left doubts, their nights, surprisingly they are flat and generally between the 100 and 120. And we do not have to wake it up, I pass the reader on both of the two of theMorning and my husband at five.And then the information that the arrows of trends give us ... but as soon as we are clear that he does not care to carry the sensor, we go to the Dexcom, mainly because of their alarms.

Totakly agree, could the Dexcom try and then leave it after a few months if you don't adapt?

Even if it's a lot

I would beg @Fer to close the thread so that it does not become another "battle"

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/01/2016 10:23 a.m.

@Rociollinares, the truth is that in the case of your daughter and generalMay you put your

@joseludi, yes, the Dexcom lets you try 40 days and then you can return.
The truth is that Abott if it is shortened commercially, in that sense they could already be all laboratories like that, surely people would know more diabetes, because right now in many places they look at us and treat us as rare bichitos

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/01/2016 10:34 a.m.

@Rociollinares There is a great advantage of free compared to Dexcom that I don't know why it never comments, which is size.Free stands out much less, is less cumbersome.If it is put in a non -visible place, nothing is noticed that you carry it.

In the Dexcom, as you have to carry the transmitter and sensor set, it stands out much more.

Then in the Dexcom how you have to try to last as much as possible you have several coatings and it still seems more tocho.

I say it because someone young and athlete adapts to free, may not adapt to Dexcom.

I sometimes consider my free simply for that.What happens that I make accounts and I get more expensive, since a Dexcom sensor lasts 28 days on average.

I also tell you that with Dexcom I make animated and in the end it does not bother so much, when I carry it in the lower back I forget that I carry it.
I even practice contact sports and grab me from Dexcom and hit me hits there, and has survived a whole month.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
04/01/2016 3:44 p.m.

@Arotorias thanks for commenting that of contact sport.
Let's see if it lasts so for why hahaha, those disciplines do not touch them, to see if I start even for that, what kind of blow?If I'm going to hurt, I'm still hahaha
I thought that this kind of annoying sport the duration of the sensors but if you give us that data it is clear that it does not.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/01/2016 3:52 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Well, I do MMA (mixed martial arts) that if you are looking for YouTube, it is very beast and complete.The Dexcom is kicking, punches (not direct because I have it in the lower back, but there are movement).They grab me many times of my waist strongly, with my arms and hands above the Dexcom, and I also fall strong on the device, and nothing is still there.

I have been surrounded by a kinesio tape similar to the rocktape called Leukotape, and above Tegaderm.

At the end of classes the Tegaderm totally taken off, it is no longer worth, but the rest intact.

I also thought that I was not going to last for two weeks, but it seems that if you have been well fixed, the only way to load it is to take it with your hand and pull it out trying to start it, and thus the filament would move.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
04/01/2016 4 p.m.

Thank you very much artories for this comment that you have put, I did not know it.
The truth is that thanks to the forum you learn a lot.
Hey and have you not raised the pump to give the other bombings?Hahaha that never takes off, I once forgot and hang, and we go if you assure you like you or coña.
It's a joke!!!!!!!Do not bother but imagine the situation the other would be checked.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/01/2016 9:20 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

The Dexcom is fatter but has a much smaller diameter than free, the billet so that it does not take off, I carry a hydrophilm, nothing more.

Free must also fix it.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/02/2016 12:57 a.m.

gala said:
no, I don't wantPlus 7 years ago at least or the Navigator) that those who detect and prevent nocturnal hypoglycemia when having alarms

Susie's profile photo
Susie
05/03/2016 6:30 p.m.

Hello @gala I did not know how to enter the commentaries I am diabetics since my 9 years now I have 45 I caught the attention they said of the dexcom g4 I did not use it and now I have the dexcom g5 which has worked quite well in the night in the nightAnd in the day I receive a bell at 80 and another in 180 high and low that I have scheduled that way, I do not serve you and you can help me access it, I would appreciate it, it is the first time I enter a chat of these hahahahahahaSLDS!

Susie's profile photo
Susie
05/03/2016 6:39 p.m.

Hello everyone I do not know how to know but I think it is the newest and what has convinced me most about the news since my level of sugar has kept it very controlled, I am a mother of two girls of 13 and 15 years very healthy thanks toGod, I have a wonderful husband I also say for those who are not married hahaha and all apart from my medications (I am Mellitus 1) is thanks to my food and exercise;)

Susie's profile photo
Susie
05/03/2016 6:48 p.m.

Welcome @susie! Here are many moms and other people with a very young years of diabetes, if you have not yet done so, I suggest you participate in a fun initiative that consists in accumulating years of diabetes among all until reaching 1,000!

Link

;)

fer's profile photo
fer
05/03/2016 7 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.