First 3-4 days of free freestyle - it doesn't work

albertot's profile photo   03/12/2016 9:05 a.m.

I don't know if it happens to you too or that I am weird.Free freestyle doesn't work for me during the first 3-4 days.Trend arrows maybe yes but glucose values ​​or by Asomo.I have already proven this with several sensors, it is no accident.

Maybe the sensor needs to "soak" or something?Does it also happen to you?

However, when it is time to remove it, it is when the "bastard" is best ... It is a shame that they have it capable of software and stop giving values ​​to 15 days.You could stretch safely without problem.In addition, after the 15 days I have tried to read it with the mobile app and it is not left either.That is, it must be the sensor who has the account of the days and not the receiver ... because he had even thought about buying another receiver and after 15 days, start sensor with the other receiver.But if the sensor who carries the counter days, is not going to work either.

Thank you

albertot's profile photo
albertot
03/12/2016 9:05 a.m.

@albertoT There was a thread here, I do not know if you have read it that put that when you wear the sensor it is preferably when the glucose is stable, that is, that it is not the postpandreHours close to having played sport or hyper post sport etc .. You already understand me, that blood glucose is not varying much .. I do it like that and the first day the sensor works well for me ..

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/12/2016 11:04 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Nothing ... I usually in the afternoon with stable glucose ... I don't understand ..
And that, when you have to remove it, it is just when you go better, a shame.
Thank you

albertot's profile photo
albertot
03/12/2016 11:37 a.m.

@Albertot to me this time has happened to me to read below, casually always the difference is approximately 40 below with correct trends, but too much since I have very tight figures, so after 48h I call Abbot.
They will send me strips of comparing with the same device capillary and instructional glycemia, since comparing with my glucometer they could not tell me whether these data were acceptable or not.If I didn't change it, call and tell me what happens to you.
I will look at this weekend and see what happens.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/12/2016 12:50 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Gemater the same as me, about 40 below with ok trends.
I already called client attention on one occasion and the same, they gave me some strips to be happy, but as I use a glucometer of their brand (Freestyle Lite), if they "believed" the differences.They told me to wait a little and that if I continued like this, they changed it to me.The question is that, is that at 3-4 is when I start to do well.I don't understand...

albertot's profile photo
albertot
03/12/2016 1:16 p.m.

I'm going to put on a sensor right now, I'm commenting on it as you see differences ... I also use a glucometer of yours, the opium neo ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/12/2016 1:56 p.m.

@alberor I am going to see if I get someone who uses me or I approach my health center this afternoon in case they have any to leave me, of course buy a box I will not do it because I come out of the joke, almost almostSure, the same as a new sensor.And those that send them will save them for these cases.
I also asked if the antihistamines influenced data, since this time I am taking for an allergic reaction and they formed me no.
I have not removed the sensor and I will keep it until Monday at least to call them with what they ask me, I will say if this begins to work well before.

You will tell us how @sigsauer is going, I always spend the first 24h, but values ​​without an exact pattern, only erroneos, and reading in the Facebook freestyle group I have realized that outside Spain most people werePlace the sensor the day before without starting it until it touches, I think I will do the same next time to see how.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/12/2016 2:17 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Gemater Hello, I think I remember that one day you said that the sensor had bleed you when you placed it ..? Or are my imaginations ...?Is that today that happened to me after a few sensors, how did I go with that sensor ..?Results, allergies etc ...

I between sensor and rest sensor 4 or 5 days the left arm that is where I always place it, just why the normal value the first days (I cross my fingers) ..

Uns greeting

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/12/2016 2:52 p.m.

First measure:
capillary: 122
Freestyle: 126
Conclusion that can be taken out, that one of two or we do how @gemater has commented to put on the new sensor the day before expiring the old man or when the old man ends how I stop one day until the new one is put on.To prove that no no ..?

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/12/2016 3:46 p.m.

@Sisaguer did not happen to me, but I remember a thread where it was said, the same day I put on my first sensor, just like another girl and that she commented that if it happened to her and had to withdraw it because she could not start it,He gave error.

Nor do I say that I will pass you, because in the Facebook group there are many people who ask and there is everything, to whom it is perfect and to whom it is time to change it.

In my case, the first one that took me away if a small spill came out, but I think it went from the pull and as an alternate arm it was not anything, I did not pass a couple of days with a beautiful purple haha.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/12/2016 3:49 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Free is nothing cheap with respect to others, if it is not it can be so expensive or more and it is not a reliable system, such as the new G5 or other meters, they are not comparable, they do not play in the same league.

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
03/12/2016 11:15 p.m.

@Hoyos9 Of course they are not comparable, mainly because we are not comparing them, there are already many threads comparing reliability and prices ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/13/2016 12:15 p.m.

As an example;With this sensor, the free reader usually gives me an average of 22-30 mg more than the capillary glucometer but the LIAPP application of the mobile is practically nailing the glycemia with the capillary.Unsolved mysteries ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/14/2016 5:44 p.m.

Well, for my part I remain the same, well something worse I would say, but with the sensor on, that yes !!I think that of ornament or to see trends and well ... because until tomorrow the next order does not get.The difference really, although somewhat less, is still below as the first days, and today the measures are comparisons with the freestyle glucometer:

15.06H Blood 112 - Sensor 77
16.03H Blood 144 - Sensor 113
16.41H Blood 96 - Sensor 64

I called them to explain and give them data, they put the figures in a PC table and they told me that they are inside the margin, so garlic and water.
When I asked what exactly the margin was, they did not know how to tell me and well, let's see is not that he asks for a lot, but as I told the person who answered the tlf, I know that each pharmaceutical house has what they consider optimal in terms of failure in terms ofIn figures above or below, but if for my situation I am with very tight figures, perhaps I must also consider what is the maximum figure that I accept as error ... Well, I didn't know how to tell me.
I will have to make a approach, because as they tell me, in low figures (less than 100) it is not reliable, it will be that this is not what I need.For me to be above 130, in 144 as today, right now it is an extra, and because today it touched rice and came with more than 100 before eating.
I feel the parrafada.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/14/2016 8:16 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Gemater The blood results are with your usual glucometer or have you done them with the strips that are worth the free ...?
I don't know, it seems strange to me.Since I use it almost always marks me 20 +/- but always for "above" blood ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/14/2016 8:26 p.m.

@sigsauer are with the freestyle glucometer and with Freestyle Opium strips.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/14/2016 8:49 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Well, you have the same ones as me and me with the blood strips always gives me less glycemia than passing the free through the sensor, in short.Another exp x ..
Try to try the application of the mobile (if you have an android with NFC or you can leave it) @gemater

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/14/2016 9 p.m.

I was looking at mine and it doesn't work for me, so anything.Well another file x more to my collection.I will see now those who arrive tomorrow, this time I will put it and leave a day before starting it, to see what happens, I hope it is something punctual !!

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/14/2016 10:07 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Well, someone close to you, familiar, friend etc. will have a smartphone with those characteristics no ...?It is a matter of lowering the application, installing it and making you how many measurements to compare, I give you ideas ...;)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/14/2016 10:37 p.m.

@sigsauer thanks for the help, for seeing possibilities other than.It will be a matter of discovering who has one and paying some reeds or dinner to measure at least a couple of times and get out of doubt hahaha

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/14/2016 11:37 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.