Help, my controls are horrible

ceciii's profile photo   04/13/2016 12:12 p.m.

Well I have been in the forum for a while.And I really like it.Because he gave me hope to take care of myself.And I admire many of you, so you share your day to day, your treatment and the good results you have.I admire and aspire to that.

But, it happens to me that although I try, I can't, my controls are horrible, alive high.Sometimes for fear of being low, that limits me much more at the time.I fail to coordinate physical activity without hypoglycemia around.

And other times I have done gymnastics with high values ​​and, as I have expected, I return with even more hyperglycemia.And it is not that I have recently diabetes.A lot has been doing a lot.It is added that I find it a lot to eat what I can and the amounts I can, and I have gone through periods of binge of food ....

In the end.I don't know what to do anymore.Although I share with you diabetes I feel different because I can't with my illness.

I want power but I don't know how.

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
04/13/2016 12:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

How I would like to be able to help you, but at the moment I am like you, there is no way to obtain acceptable values ​​in my daughter.

I can only encourage you, encouragement to continue fighting.You should not feel different, here we all fight for the same, so we are all the same !!!

And you see, that you are not the only one that you cannot with diabetes, I think we all go through times when it is difficult for us to control it.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
04/13/2016 1:02 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Thank you very much @rociollinares ... and encouragement for you too.And although one is tired you have to continue ...

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
04/13/2016 5:50 p.m.

@Ceciii The fear of hypoglycemia can many, I leave all physical activity because the descents was horrible every time an extra.But it was a bad solution, exercising already knows that it is basic for us.

For me the solution has been the bomb, but as you say, we are diabetics each and every one with their circumstances.I don't know if it's something you have raised or that you are now wearing.

Maybe it also helps you to help you with food, sometimes certain foods make you upload or lower slower.

What yes, nothing to discourage you, nobody says it's easy, but you can !!

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
04/13/2016 7:48 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Encourage @Ceciii, I am with @gemater and @rociollinares, do not discourage you, I have also passed times in which I have calculated the insulin outward out of fear, and I did not stop having a walk, I recommend that you take it easyAnd that you start making some adjustments, little by little, until in several days you see that you are improving, that will give you confidence and you can stabilize, you will see it !!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
04/13/2016 7:53 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Do not try @Ceciii I believe that the fear of hypoglycemia is one of the things that soon or later will happen those who are fighting day by day with this, last year with calendar changes and others I hadAn hypo in the work that goes back to the bell (curiously doing sports has not happened to me), so they say that working is very bad and I went from a hemoglobin of 6.3 to 7.7 because of the "fear" that I caughtThe hypos.Tell you that in the end with force of will and determination everything is fixed and returns to the values ​​within the objective and without fear of hypoglycemia ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/13/2016 8:30 p.m.

@Ceciii It is difficult to carry this but for you and all of us.I don't know if you eat rations of carbohydrates but that helps control, also knowing the composition of food and putting the insulin a little before eating depending on the value you have and what you eat.

As @gemater comments, sport for us is very important, and not just getting into a muscles room to exercise muscles, maybe good walks is more important than doing that.
When you do sports everything is complicated a lot, but do not stop doing it because for blood circulation, cholesterol and others will be much better.I will not bore myself to repeat it, I know one who did not play sports in his life, who has had problems of blood circulation and cholesterol, who came to have a astorvastatin pills 40 mg and now that he does sports no longer takes anything.

I sometimes stamped the diabetes against the wall hahahaha.Cheer up!!!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/13/2016 8:34 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Much encourage @Cecci !!!If you tell us a little like your treatment, maybe we can give you a hand.

As Jconegar said the issue of eating telling rations he helps a lot.There are tables online with the rations that equals each food, I don't know if you have them but we can pass them.Another advice is to adjust the insulin doses little by little instead of radical changes.

I said, encourage !!!And if you tell us a little more your case here there are experts who surely can help you.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
04/13/2016 8:53 p.m.

@Ceciii, encourage and try to understand where you make your mistake for those hypos or hyper, which is commonly called: I, me !!!And to move on, this disease is only for brave and ..... You are one of them !!!!

ani's profile photo
ani
04/13/2016 9:20 p.m.

Thank you very much @gemater, now I'm not doing physical activity.I was going to Spinning a while ago.It happened to me that I took the precaution of starting the activity with 180 - 200 because it is intense, and when I returned with glycemias greater than 350 ... I corrected me and hiccuI spend the end of the class with fifty -peak ... those things have discouraged me and ended leaving ... something that makes me happy is that I am waiting for the insulin bomb to get to me.I already did the process ..

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
04/13/2016 10:50 p.m.

Thank you very much @fer.It really comforts me to know that you have happened at some point and have surpassed it, I hope tomorrow I also be on the other side encouraging someone.

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
04/13/2016 10:54 p.m.

Thank you very much @sigsauer.It has also happened to me to have hypoglycemia at work ... and I have mistakenly chose to walk rather high ... because that way I remain functional, I can continue working and good step more unnoticed.But now I become aware that I hurt myself and that I can't play with my health.The forum has helped me a lot with that.The issue is that I cannot stabilize my glycemias ..

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
04/13/2016 11:03 p.m.

Thank you very much @jconegar.I count carbohydrates, but I am new in that, although I have long since I have diabetes.I appreciate your advice, I will strive and recommend some activity ..

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
04/13/2016 11:07 p.m.

Thank you very much @albertot, how I told @jconegar I am new in this hydrates counting.I use Lantus once a day and Lispro prior to food ... If you have any food table to share surely I will help me, I thank you very much!

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
04/13/2016 11:13 p.m.

Thank you very much for the mood @ani!This (the forum) is really a first team!So thank you very much.

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
04/13/2016 11:15 p.m.

@Ceciii, tell us what insulins you use and how are the controls, to see if we can help anyway, if they will put the bomb, you will improve a lot.
Where do you live?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/13/2016 11:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Ceciii I just read the insulin bomb, I think you make a very correct decision.At first patience to get good ratios and basal.You will see how in sport you are doing very well and you will give you some quality of life because you can play with the basal reducing them and taking less gels or not having to take forced.In long exercises, you can reduce an hour before according to the instructions given by the educators and then observe you, what I do is half an hour before finishing I leave it normal basal depending on the type of exercise performed.
When you go for a walk if you are very fair because before getting low baseline quite a lot and you can upload the glucose so you have nothing to take.
The pump must be controlled, it is not to arrive and kiss the saint as some believe.You have to play a lot to control it.
I play several disciplines and it is no discomfort to carry it, it is true that I don't care if they see it, although I can hide it but I do not.Several of the DT1 Team and Team One team that we play several disciplines we have a bomb and we are all very happy.
If your life and what you do in it allows you to take it I think it will do well.You can see that you want to fight and eat the world and that is the best you can do.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/13/2016 11:16 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

@Cecii I usually use an Android app called My Fitness Pal.It gives you a lot of nutritional information not only HC, it is necessary to have wifi or data connection.
Look this website too
Link
It is very good because it also carries glymic index.
If you look for Google you will see infinity of them.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/13/2016 11:20 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Hi @regina, thank you very much.
I am with Lantus 20 in the morning, and then the Lispro according to the food.I do not always how the same amount of carbohydrates, and depending on that I put the insulin.I have seen that some foreros have fixed amounts of Lispro distributed throughout the day .... Maybe that is better?At least until the bomb arrives.

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
04/13/2016 11:24 p.m.

Thank you @jconegar, and when I have the bomb I will tell you and consult.With respect to what he told @gemater... what do you think?I start the activity with 200 and I finish with more than 300 ... Does that glycemia to start?

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
04/13/2016 11:28 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.