Help, my controls are horrible

ceciii's profile photo   04/13/2016 12:12 p.m.

@Cecii depends on many factors that happen to you.If your liver releases glycogen stored, if you revolutionize your heart, aerobic or anaerobic exercises, but it is not always the same, each one is a world.
I only avoid starting sports if I am in 250. But it is true that I have proven that nothing lowers me even if it is strong intensity and continuous, as if it is normal intensity.I have to put on half an insulin or one unit, and everything goes back to normal.
I usually train a little and rarely have two equal situations doing the same.
What is very important when you do a very good sport, we usually leave it aside and we should not, it will cost us more progress and we can have more problems.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/13/2016 11:34 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Ceciii, if you get up with high values, you will surely have to increase the lantus.You can upload a unit and wait two days to make another change.
The fast dose is placed according to hydrates, but you can also adapt the hydrates to put the same dose.
With the fast, you can also correct the high values.A fast unit usually goes down 50 glucose units, but you will have to look at your sensitivity.
Little by little.Mind yourself a lot and sign everything.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/13/2016 11:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Of course I understand you, everyone is a world ... The same thank you @jconegar, now I have to see what activity it suits me to start.I will tell you later.

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
04/13/2016 11:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Regina Thank you very much.I arrive early before breakfast, but I already tried to climb the lantus and if I do it, I get off during the day, if for example for work of work I do not lunch and continue long ... at noon sure I have hypoglycemia ...

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
04/13/2016 11:58 p.m.

You can hook something fast, some cookies you eat them in two minutes ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/14/2016 12:20 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

If you are right ... if I want to walk well I have to do things well, and that implies not skilling meals.I'm going to do what you suggest from tomorrow's dose.And if you continue high on fasting 48 hours for the next increase, right?Every two days?

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
04/14/2016 12:39 a.m.

Yeah

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/14/2016 12:58 a.m.

ceciii said:
@regina thank you very much.I arrive tall early before breakfast, but I already tried to climb the lantus and if I do it, I get off during the day, if for example for work of work I do not lunch and continue long ... at noon sure I have hypoglycemia ...

ani's profile photo
ani
04/14/2016 10:36 a.m.

That is the big mistake my dear @ceciii (one of them) jump or omit food because before starting we injected insulins for food consumption (with or without hydratos) that have a certain time for their effect (control sugar into theblood) and that "foul" manifests itself in Hypo, as if we consume very often, that "fault" is hyper;I say like that because I read several foreros who have insulin meters (the pump);and permanent glucose levels (I don't know);Carbon Hydratos Meters (I think they are scales) and other types of "meters" that facilitates the effort to do so by their own means, I can assure you that I do not know anything about that because they did not exist in my beginning and so I "convert" meIn those meters with my own mind and I think, according to Dr;I am an ordinator-computer and human meter because I do everything myself, and that is also part of the teaching of a diabeticThe before since many things are better and no machine can replace the human brain !!![-X

ani's profile photo
ani
04/14/2016 10:58 a.m.

Hi @Ceciii, unfortunately for us, routines are fundamental, provided it can be clear, sometimes for work it is impossible.Do not skip meals, as Regina says even if it is something fast.
If we make a modification, raise 1 unit of Lantus for example and the next day we jumped a meal or something, we cannot check if the change has worked or not.Since the situation is already different.

The changes depending on your sensitivity and how you see you.One unit or two every day and wait 48 hours to check that the change is going well or if you are very sure the next day another unit.

Insulin sensitivity is calculated as follows: 1800 / Total insulin (slow + fast) units per day.That is, if I get 20 lantus tomorrow and 3+3+3 novorapid in meals => 1800 /29 = 62. That is, each insulin unit lowers the glucose in 62.

Depending on your sensitivity you can upload or lower units more or less fast

albertot's profile photo
albertot
04/14/2016 11:08 a.m.

Thank you very much @ani and @albertoT !!!!
Today I increased a Lantus unit, and I'm going to take care not to skip my meals.I'm scoring everything.
Yesterday I bought a book counting carbohydrates by Maria Isabel Roson, which I am already reading and is very good ... I send you a hug!

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
04/14/2016 12:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.