{'en': 'Waiting ...', 'es': 'A la espera...'} Image

Waiting ...

boucles's profile photo   04/11/2016 3:06 p.m.

Good afternoon,

Woman, 53 years, diagnosed type 2 diabetes at 47, for 3 insulin -dependent, in addition to oral medication.

I get up every day with glycemia exceeding 160/170, one day sporadic to less than 150.

I have changed the medication many times, for 3 years Lantus more metformines, also Januvia, and they removed it, then Victoza added to me.

Now I am with Galvus tomorrow and Night, Jardiannce at noon (oral) and Toujeo (slow insulin) at night (40 units).
I can't find any improvement.

In the social sec. He takes me the header (which they have changed twice), after a year and a half waiting, on Friday I have a visit with the endocrine (but he has never seen me), to see what he tells me.
I feel very tired, first because these variations and lack of control create anxiety, since I do sports when I can and the diet has it very organized.

There are days that I have tried not to ingest H.C.In my diet, and the basal result remains the same.
On the other hand, another day I can dine and exceed me a little with the bread, and I wake up at 150/160, .......... I don't understand anything.

I have also asked for an appointment with a diabetologist (private) doctor to have a second opinion, but I don't have it until early.

I have read a lot about the subject, and I think I have the characteristics of a D. Lada, but they have not come to do the c peptide (I suppose the cuts).The doctor of the social sec. He told me yes, that she also thought about it, but they do not want to prescribe me fast insulin.I have told you that I prefer to inject quick and slow insulins than to stick to pills, as they have me now, but they want to continue testing.

For information;My debut was with a glyc hemoglobin.From 9.2, I went down with the diet to 8.2, 7.7, after 7.2 and now I have risen to 7.7 - this is desperate.

Has anyone found in a similar case?

Delighted to greet everyone

I await your comments.

Thanks for reading me.;)

boucles's profile photo
boucles
04/11/2016 3:06 p.m.

diagnostico final: sindrome metabolico.
HG: 5.8 OBJETIVO ALCANZADO Y SIN INSULINA !!!!!!!!!! ahora a intentar mantenerse en estos niveles !!!!!!

I want to apologize, because more than present I have made a report !!!!I wanted to thank you all, since I have been leaving you for a long time and it has served me a lot, hence I have taken the step of registering on the web.
Thanks again and here I am in case someone has any doubt, since with so many changes and so many doubts with my subject, I have been forced to read a lot about diabetes.
I said, thanks for reading me, thanks for everything you share here and for your generosity.
All the best

boucles's profile photo
boucles
04/11/2016 3:49 p.m.

HG: 5.8 OBJETIVO ALCANZADO Y SIN INSULINA !!!!!!!!!! ahora a intentar mantenerse en estos niveles !!!!!!

I think, with that glycosilada, it is the endocrine who has to treat you, and will surely prescribe insulin.Hemoglobin must be below 7, better if it is in 6. If that is not achieved with pills, insulin must be put.You tell us what has told you.
Welcome to the forum!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/11/2016 5:29 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

boucles said:
I want to apologize, because more than submit I have made a report !!!!I wanted to thank you all, since I have been leaving you for a long time and it has served me a lot, hence I have taken the step of registering on the web.
Thanks again and here I am in case someone has any doubt, since with so many changes and so many doubts with my subject, I have been forced to read a lot about diabetes.
I said, thanks for reading me, thanks for everything you share here and for your generosity.
All the best

@Boucles thanks to you for deciding to take the step and register, both what you explain about your experience, and the doubts you will help many other people, so spirit and welcome !!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
04/11/2016 7:08 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello regina good morning,
First of all thank you for your comment.
I have insulin for 3 years, first only Lantus, and they were raising dose, then in addition to Lantus they included me Victoza, and although at first he did some effect, the levels began to get out of control, I went again advancing my visit and they told meThe D. Lada, and took Victoza and Lantus and prescribed me Toujeo, with which I have been the same, but we are still the same.Hence I said that I am somewhat tired of the issue, I consider that they are very lost with me.
I will tell you.Thanks again.

boucles's profile photo
boucles
04/12/2016 7:55 a.m.

Thank you very much Fer !!!!
I have decided to take the step because you know what I speak perfectly and the anguish that gives this whole theme.
I try to take him as well as possible, but both my partner and my daughter, as soon as they hear the little machine, they are already asking, it is normal to worry, because they see the effort I make and the impotence it feels when you do not have the desired result.
I have already told you to pass from an H.G.From 9.2 to 7.2, which is already an achievement, but without changing any habit to rise again, it gives you a lot of helplessness.
Thanks for hosting myself, I'll tell you
A hug

boucles's profile photo
boucles
04/12/2016 7:58 a.m.

Hello, everyone !!!!
Tomorrow is my great day expected with the endocrine !!!!I'm even nervous .......... Let's see if they already give me a solution !!!!!I will tell you.
Tomorrow is Friday .................... = D> = D> = D>

boucles's profile photo
boucles
04/14/2016 10:59 a.m.

Hi @Boucles Good morning!We will be attentive to the news!:)

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
04/14/2016 12:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning !!!!
I finally had the visit with the endocrine last Friday.
Certainly the visit began, but we both realized that this did not come anywhere.
So we restart our conversation, my history was read well and finally, he told me that I had serious doubts of my type of diabetes.An analysis of my pancreatic reserve and new visit with it has been requested urgent (3 months).
At the moment it has incorporated 2 units.From a novorapid for breakfast and has increased Toujeo to 42 units.
The follow -up will be done by the header and in the month of June I have to do the analysis and has given me a visit in July.
I had never used fast insulin, I have been since Saturday, but a question to those who use it, 2 units.of novorapid, is not very little?,
Endo told me that if I got up at more than 200 (a rare thing in me) that I could put 4 before breakfast.

He also told me, that with the diet so austere that he carried, that if he wanted, he could one day give me a luxury, and he told me, then you put a dose of 4 fast, but that only one special day.
At the moment I will do what he tells me, and follow -up with a nurse and header, if in July there is no improvement (go down HG) I will go to private medicine once and for all.
Thank you all for your support and I wait for your comments on the dose of Novorapid.
HAPPY SWEET WEEK FRIEND@S

boucles's profile photo
boucles
04/18/2016 9:46 a.m.

boucles said:
good morning !!!!
I finally had the visit with the endocrine last Friday.
Certainly the visit began, but we both realized that this did not come anywhere.
So we restart our conversation, my history was read well and finally, he told me that I had serious doubts of my type of diabetes.An analysis of my pancreatic reserve and new visit with it has been requested urgent (3 months).
At the moment it has incorporated 2 units.From a novorapid for breakfast and has increased Toujeo to 42 units.
The follow -up will be done by the header and in the month of June I have to do the analysis and has given me a visit in July.
I had never used fast insulin, I have been since Saturday, but a question to those who use it, 2 units.of novorapid, is not very little?,
Endo told me that if I got up at more than 200 (a rare thing in me) that I could put 4 before breakfast.

He also told me, that with the diet so austere that he carried, that if he wanted, he could one day give me a luxury, and he told me, then you put a dose of 4 fast, but that only one special day.
At the moment I will do what he tells me, and follow -up with a nurse and header, if in July there is no improvement (go down HG) I will go to private medicine once and for all.
Thank you all for your support and I wait for your comments on the dose of Novorapid.
HAPPY SWEET WEEK FRIEND@S

Do you mean peptide C to know how you have the pancreas?And for that three months and is it urgent?What a nonsense

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/18/2016 9:55 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@jconegar good morning,
That's right, urgently put me in the documents.
Yes, it is the C Peptide C, which I have been asking for months, but until I have seen the endo has not asked me.
Everything is nonsense !!!!!
Do you know something about the novorapid?Two units and only at breakfast, do you see it well?
The truth is that the rest of the day, I carry the controls quite well, the only fatal is the morning, before breakfast.
Thanks for your comment

boucles's profile photo
boucles
04/18/2016 10:01 a.m.

@Boucles I When debuting almost thirty years ago I had to go to the clinician in Barcelona to make me the C peptide, imagine 700 km more less where I live.I do not understand what problem that analysis has something of the most normal with the amount of diabetics they debut (Ufff goes a word we use, it sounds fatal when someone uses it).

Do not bother me, please ask you but on the subject of insulin units, that putting or that I never think, I can think that it is better or worse but I never think or say it, never in life I would forgive me powerharm a companion.I can have more or less training, it is not a stupid, please understand.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/18/2016 11:06 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

@jconegar
I have asked for active and passive that they refer to the Clinic of Barcelona, ​​but there is no form.The endocrine that visited me on Friday is from there and goes to the Cap of my area two mornings a month, hence the long waits.
I don't bother me, please, you would be missing more and just reading me and you help me and I don't feel so alone in this battle !!!!!
It is that as I wear 42 units of toujeo at night, novorapid seem like a breath, I have the feeling that I do not wear anything !!!!!That's why I asked you, not for anything else.
I regret the poorly understood, it was not my intention.
Again, thank you for reading and attending to me.

boucles's profile photo
boucles
04/18/2016 11:10 a.m.

boucles said:
@jconegar
I have asked for active and passive that they refer to the Clinic of Barcelona, ​​but there is no form.The endocrine that visited me on Friday is from there and goes to the Cap of my area two mornings a month, hence the long waits.
I don't bother me, please, you would be missing more and just reading me and you help me and I don't feel so alone in this battle !!!!!
It is that as I wear 42 units of toujeo at night, novorapid seem like a breath, I have the feeling that I do not wear anything !!!!!That's why I asked you, not for anything else.
I regret the poorly understood, it was not my intention.
Again, thank you for reading and attending to me.

Not misunderstood no !!!!really!!!!!I am weird to comment on this issue, the stranger is me and I recognize it.
I really feel fatal to behave like this but it is superior to my strength.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/18/2016 11:26 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

As Jconegar says, it is difficult to tell you if it is little or a lot.Each one needs some doses and it is not worse to put on many units or better get few.Fast insulin must be put according to HC that you are going to ingest mainly.As you have not scheduled any HC, try to breakfast the same amount of hydrates and control at two hours.
Look at some thread of the forum in which HCAnd to study !!
I don't understand why they take so long to do the analyzes.And above the header derives.What patience we have to have!

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
04/18/2016 12:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Anaisabel
I don't even tell you the theme patience !!!!!It's three years and finally I saw Endo on Friday, he understands that we started badly, but I was more than tired.
I have been saying that I do not have DM2 for more than a year (I have read a lot about it) and finally they will do the necessary tests.
That is no longer commenting, the collection of strips and needles, long waiting in nurse (charming by the way and very attentive), renewal of recipes (more queues), errors in the recipes, expiration of them and a long etc.
I understand that they are cutting them in everything and are not to blame, but we as patients (never better chosen the word, patients ..............) We must demand the necessary means.
I am aware that this is not heals, but I want to have quality of life and tranquility, if I am putting everything on my part, I also "demand" a little attention.In the end...............

boucles's profile photo
boucles
04/18/2016 12:57 p.m.

@Boucles forgives that referring to this I have not told you anything, that descent of Glico is great, but do not despair.A glyc can be better than 7.7 than 7.2 if glycemia have been more stable in the 7.7.
Glyc is many times a hoax, you always remember that and you never decay for it.

Look when I debuted a 7.5 glyc was a good glyc.Now every time we ask less and sacrifice more.Before 2 h after eating having 180 mg it was good, and before the food and dinner up to 140 it was good, now we want to always be in much more fair barriers.I have always sacrificed myself, it is true, as we all do, I have always worried a lot and I have tried to maintain the most fair.

I think you are really doing very well, do not stop fighting and keeping the spirits well is very important to us.And if you think it is a fall to rise from 7.2 to 7.7 that you give you more strength to fight for the next one, but I repeat that you should not fix only in the value of the glyc.

Well and get a little about the subject, hahaha, those walks how are you going?They can help you a lot, it is a great sport, I take advantage and comment on the benefits, come that I have not told me to use this thread to comment, but remember that it can help you a lot with glycia in addition to all this:
The 10 commandments of our compi when walking.

1.- Strengthens the heart walking regularly reduces the risk of suffering from heart disease and stroke.Reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol levels and increase HDL levels (good cholesterol) and also keeps blood pressure under control.Anything that increases heart rate and promotes blood pumping is an exercise for the heart and circulatory system.Walking quickly for 30 minutes can help prevent and control high blood pressure, reducing the risk of cardiovascular accidents by up to 27 percent.

2.- Reduces Walking disease irrigation can also reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, asthma and some types of cancer up to 60 percent.Those who maintain a moderate activity level have about 20 percent less risk of developing colon, breast and uterus cancer.

3.-Main weight under control those who are trying to lose weight, need to burn around 500 calories a day above those they consume.A person weighing 60 kg may burn 75 calories, simply taking a 2 mph walk for 30 minutes.If your speed increases to 3 mph you will burn 99 calories.Accelerating a little more, to a fast walk (4 mph), 150 calories will be burned.Walking also increases mass and muscle tone and the more muscle mass the metabolism is faster - and the faster the metabolism, the more calories they will burn, even in times of rest.

4.-Help to prevent dementia dementia affects 1 in 14 people over 65 and 1 in 6 over 80. It is known that physical activity has a protective effect on brain function and regular exercise reducesThe risk of dementia by 40 percent.The elderly who walk six miles or more a week can prevent the contraction of the brain and thus preserve memory as the years go by.

5.-Help to prevent osteoporosis to some extent, walking as a load activity (the weight itself).Stimulates and strengthens bones, increasing bone density - very important, especially for women.It also helps maintain the health of the joints helping to prevent diseases such as arthritis.

6.-Type legs, gluteans and abdominals A good walk can help strengthen and shape the legs, giving definition to calves, quadriceps and hamstrings and theRaising the buttocks.Now, if you really pay attention to the posture while walking, you can also tone the abdominals and gradually reduce your waist.

7.-Trust the arms when walking comes from the arms.To get the best out you must keep them at a comfortable level, bent at elbow and move them back and forth when walking.Moving them faster allows us to accelerate the step automatically.This movement tones the arms, shoulders and back.

8.-Encourage vitamin D levels to walk daylight, increases body vitamin D levels-a nutrient difficult to obtain from food, but which can be synthesized through exposure to sunlight.Vitamin D plays a very important role in many aspects, from the health of the bones to the health of the immune system.While it is true that protecting themselves from the sun's rays is important, experts agree that exposing the skin to the sun, often but without burning, will help produce enough vitamin D.

9.-Energy levels may seem like a paradox but a good walk is one of the best natural energizers we have at the disposal.Walking increases the circulation and increases the supply of oxygen to each cell of the body, helping to feel more alert and live.It also releases stiffness in the joints and relieves muscle tension.Energy dowers after lunch fight much better with a walk instead of sitting on a desk drinking coffee.

10.-Encourage welfare levels The ability of exercise to improve mood is indisputable.Studies have shown that regular exercise, moderate intensity (such as walking at a light pace) is as effective as antidepressants in cases of mild to moderate depression because it releases endorphins in the bloodstream, which reduces stress and anxiety.Getting together with friends to walk and talk is also an excellent way to banish feelings of isolation and loneliness.To get greater benefits, walk outdoors.

(Text is not mine, I copied it and kept it because I loved it, but the benefits of walking are very clear).

All with sport !!!!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/18/2016 12:58 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@Anaisabel, the dose of novorapid is that it is so little that I don't even find out,
I asked if there is someone who also gets only 2 units once a day.I just asked why the feeling is very light
thank you

boucles's profile photo
boucles
04/18/2016 1:01 p.m.

@jconegar thanks a thousand for your words of breath, maybe I am even too demanding, but my brother died three of years ago, after two amputations and with only 47 years, as you will understand I have a respect for the sweet companion who doesn't even tell you......
I also thank you for your recommendations, I have always swam, and although the years do not happen because yes, I try to swim whenever I can, on fixed weekends and during the week, it depends on the work.While I have a sedentary job I try to walk whenever I find the occasion.
That said, I am too demanding, but I also ask that I understand a little (for the doctors I say), that although I do not intend to have an HG of 4.5, if I hope to reach 6 or 6.5, for my purposes thatDon't be.
Thanks again !!!!!!Now it's time to wait again.
A little note: I have got up to 166 (better than the last 15 days), I have gone to work, the normal morning, because I have had a dialectical mishap with a partner and before eating I was in 208, my sweet companionIt is empathic and goes up and down with my emotions.Total steak and salad to eat and I have not dared to take any HC, just in case .......... to see inside two hours.

boucles's profile photo
boucles
04/18/2016 2:37 p.m.

@Boucles Emotions and head warming affect me a lot.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/18/2016 3:19 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.